The Keto diet

Comments

• waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    today i did a little grocery shopping that led to fridge cleaning. i ended up pouring out some beer (don't worry it was swill). i felt like i was pouring out a 40 for my homie pizza. i miss you pizza!
  • WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I broke down today...had a baby carrot and a grape. Why does this sound so wrong? I turned down pumpkin pie and pizza samples at Sam's though. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Fat is more than 2x the calories of carbs or protein per gram. To wit, would you rather have a tbsp of peanut butter, or nearly a half pound of chicken? About the same calories. Choices, choices.
    edited November 2011
    ok, so I peed on the test strip/stick (not THAT kinda stick..) and the color showed Moderate. I want that, right?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yep! That means you're in ketosis :) Now, maintain that and you'll be good!

<-- 31 pounds down as of this morning :D
    edited November 2011
    Yep! That means you're in ketosis :) Now, maintain that and you'll be good!

<-- 31 pounds down as of this morning :D

YOU GO BOY! :rockon:

I'm down to 190.6 as of this morning, so down 5.6 lbs. I don't know if it was water weight or not...(girly time just arrived...I know all you guys LOVE that topic! LOL) So...so far, so good!

Thank you guys for all the help. :)
    edited November 2011
    Well I survived the holidays; I did a "cheat-lite" on Thanksgiving dinner, as I had stuffing, but I avoided all the other carbs (no potatoes or dessert).

It definitely knocked me out of ketosis as verified by the pee sticks, but by the next evening I was back in.

Anyways, I weighed in today; scale was at 247, which means I'm officially 38 pounds down :D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Congratulations man, great work.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    :thumbsup:
    edited November 2011
    Go BMONEY!!!
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Getting slimmer:

8zv7o.jpg

Also, for some reason I missed a conversation about yogurt. Go to Kroger! They have "CARBMaster" Yogurt that is 4g net carbs and is usually on sale 5/$2.00. Almost all the flavors are delicious as well.
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at that a couple days ago at Kroger. Thanks. :)

And you're looking great! Even your face has changed a bit.
    my friend posted this. Cauliflower pizza crust. Don't know if anyone is interested (or how many carbs this is.)

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html
    How's everybody's progress? I plateaued for about a week, but a couple of days ago started losing again. I'm now officially 40lbs down :D
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    So I did a quick experiment on Saturday to get an idea of how things might go.

For breakfast, I had a pile of bacon and 3 eggs (cooked in some of the remaining bacon grease, yum!). This was at around 10:00am.

I then went to work on the basement for the next 6.5 hours before realizing that I hadn't eaten in such a long time, and was just now getting hungry again.

I think I can do dis.
    Alex,

Be aware that after a few days you MIGHT hit a point where you feel like shit. Almost like a mild flu. That is normal. You body has realized that this is not a temporary thing and usually only lasts a day or two. Also... after a week, you really will not feel the urges for carbs nearly as much as before. After that it is more mental and not so much a craving. If you see a nice carb laden food in front of you, your body feels nothing but your mind will go "OH YEAH BABY". Fight that urge and move on. THAT is the toughest part. "Just one bite won't hurt".
    Oh yeah. I've been reading up on it. Prepared for the possibility of "Keto Flu".

My main concern was keeping up energy levels while keeping calories and cravings down, which this appears to do for me quite nicely.
    I did the Adkins back in 2000. I did it for two weeks religiously. First week was a bit tough. Caffeine helped fight the sluggishness. In two weeks I dropped almost 15 pounds and had zero cravings. But I was, like, 26. This ancient 37 year old body seems to run better on crap food. :)
    Had to drill two new notches in my belt today :D
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Brian, that's great!! So excited for you. :) How many lbs lost so far?
    41!
    Wow! Go Brian!
    WOW is right! AWESOME
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    At this rate Perry will weigh more than you by St. Patty's. Keep it up man! :D
    Up 4 lbs from the holidays. Started again today. About to make breakfast for tomorrow. OMG. Joe (I think) posted this.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Oh man that looks good.
    Somebody asked.

A typical meal for me is something like this:

That's a giant bowl filled with baby spring green mix from Costco, a bunch of pork tenderloin (with the fat on) that I made with nothing other than garlic and ginger (in a crockpot), a bunch of shredded cheese, sour cream, and no-carb hot sauce (most Mexican brands have no sugar; this is Tapatio. Basically vinegar and chili peppers and a few other seasonings).

Ingredients.

I made a pork tenderloin in the crockpot, and that will feed me for about three days' worth of meals.

Made my own version of this for dinner last night. I pan-seared thin-sliced pork loin in olive oil with rosemary and thyme, and used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo (also 0 carb). Otherwise identical.

You're right man, absolutely delicious. THIS is the kind of stuff I can live on.

After making some severe adjustments in what I allow myself, I think I'll be on-track for under 30g of carbs today. I was up over 50 yesterday (which is still MASSIVELY below my normal intake, but still higher than I want to be) due to some poor choices with condiments, but today will be better.

I've noticed a difference already, though. Since my normal intake would be over 300g of carbs, down to 50 has told my body something different is going on here.
    Just wait :D The next two weeks are going to be awesome
    I'm going to blame at least part of it on scale wonkiness, but I was down 6lb this morning. 48 hours after starting.

I was ridiculously tired all-day yesterday until around 9:30pm, when I started to get normal feeling. Feeling much better this morning.

Going to pick up some ketostix tonight to verify, but judging by my intake and general feeling, I'm going to guess that it's started kicking in.
    I fucked up.

started for a minute. then stopped.

I was going to start AGAIN tomorrow, but started tonight instead. Double espresso with a little whipping cream for dessert for me (remind me at 3am I'm an idiot)

Salad mixed and ready to go. I do have fish and ground chicken thawing. (I can't eat ALL red meat...I just can't!) Soda is out of the house, and I still have a few of my eggs wrapped in bacon sitting here.

Any other things I need I'm forgetting? I'm hitting the store for sour cream and more cheese tomorrow. Butter is still in the fridge from the last time. I found 4 of the 9 I lost in November. They gotta go, along with a few of their friends.