Icrontic Events and their backgrounds

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited December 2012 in Community
EPIC
Icrontic Expo
Created by primesuspect (Brian Ambrozy)
This was originally called the Short-Media LAN, and then in 2007 became the Icrontic LAN. In 2009 we decided that the LAN event was much more than just a LAN, and the name was changed to Icrontic Expo (EPIC). THIS IS THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR. You don't want to miss it as usually 60-70 Icrontians show up

ICOK
Icrontic Oktoberfest
Created by fatcat(Greg Jones)
After visting my first Icrontic LAN in 2006, I decided there needed to be a mid-way event for Icrontians to get together. What better time than around Halloween and Oktoerfest to once again converge on ICHQ and visit with good friends. Kuhnenns All Hallow Ale (pumpkin beer) was a major factor, but as time has passed, costume party with RyderOCZ or DJMeph DJ'n has turned in to the norm. This is by far my favorite event from TF2 costumes to Novak showing up in 3 different costumes in one night. This is the 2nd biggest event of the year with 20-30 people showing up.

ICSP
Icrontic St. Patty's
Created by GHoosdum(Rob Updegrove)
During our first ICOK, GHoosdum and myself had a conversation about a spring event. Originally this was to be a Mardi Gras event, but soon turned into and St. Patricks day event. This event signifies the end of winter and the beginning of spring, alcohol induced of course. Usually there is snow still around but everyone knows the warm weather is right around the corner. This event is the smallest of the 3 MAIN events. and allows people to "get to know" fellow Icrontians along with drinking and great social atmosphere.

ICSS
Icrontic Summer Shindig
Created by fatcat(Greg Jones)and RyderOCZ (Eric Ryder)
This is the small scale BBQ event that happens around the Royal Oak Dream Cruise. Usually only 8-12 people show, but it is mostly people who could not make it to EPIC. We attend a car show in Royal Oak and usually fry some dead bird. Very relaxing event, enjoying the warm weather and the crisp evenings.

ICDB
Icrontic Decemberween
Created by Gnome Queen(Jackie)
If one costume party wasn't enough, how about a Steam Punk costume party in December around the birthdays of a couple of Icrontians. Yea, that happened. While not an official yearly event, this event is a mid-winter dream to drink beer thicker than oil and visit with friends

ICNY/ICWB
Icrontic New Year's/Icrontic Winterblast
Created by pragtastic(Eli)
Mr.Pragtastic said he would be in ICHQ land, and others followed. This event takes place in the cold of winter, and changes from year to year if it falls on New Years Eve (ICNY) or at the end of Janurary(ICWB). It is known as the event where whoever can show up does. Beer is the main event. This event has gone from just a bunch of Icrontians hanging out at ICHQ to fatcat and RyderOCZ making breakfast for everyone. (Waffles with vanilla bean ice cream and Vermont maple syrup anyone)

ICRENN
Icrontic Rennfest
Created by Annes and fatcat (Anne and Greg Jones)
And finally we come to the one event not hosted at ICHQ. A few years back while visiting Annes and pragtastic we discussed having an event not at ICHQ, and out of it was created ICRENN. This event takes place in the D.C. Metro area and in 2012 will be in it's 4th year. Annes and pragtastic host the event which includes board games, drinking, and the Maryland Renaissance festival. This event takes place in September, ands is usually one of the best events of the year.

So, if you didn't know, now you do. If you are new to Icrontic, you owe it to yourself to make it to at least one of these events. YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME Guaranteed

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Nice summary, Factcat!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Epic post.

Proud to say I have attended all but Summer Shindig.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited October 2011
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I was the original summer shindigger. Just sayin'.

Just kidding. :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I distinctly remember some over-hyped NY pizza and Untamed Retribution.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Black Hawk wrote:
    I distinctly remember some fucking amazing NY pizza and Untamed Retribution.
    FTFY
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Revisionist edit.
    edited October 2011
    Edit of a revisionist.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    FTFY

You have to admit though, the Original Coney that Rob and I took you to in Royal Oak was pretty good right? Better than that NYC knockoff junk you guys are stuck with.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, Leo's is top notch. Maybe top five in the world, for sure. Leagues ahead of that "Coney Island" crap they have in New York.
    edited October 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    You have to admit though, the Original Coney that Rob and I took you to in Royal Oak was pretty good right? Better than that NYC knockoff junk you guys are stuck with.
    Is this some sort of sick joke?