Cabbages for Strength

TohruAdachiTohruAdachi Inaba Japan
edited October 2011 in Fitness
Okay, so I know I'm gonna need some source of protein (Mr. Sanada on TV advertises Muscle Drink, I'll see if I can get it for cheap on Tanaka's channel), but how good are cabbages from a health perspective? I'm particularly interested in being a bit leaner and tougher, just kinda more... Fit. My reason's a little odd but... Nobody at my workplace takes me seriously, and I know I won't get transferred back to the city without at least an honorable mention, and that requires a certain modicum of attention.

I'm 5'9" tall and about 139 pounds, so my BMI is 20.5, pretty damn skinny. If you saw a beanpole like me walking by, you'd probably have to look twice just to notice me.

I mentioned cabbages cause they're by far my favorite food. I wanna know how good they are for me, and also what kind of exercise they'd make good fuel for.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    They're rich in selenium, antioxidants, and a few other miscellaneous things worth having. However, they're nutritionally fairly "empty" in that they're mostly water, meaning you would have to eat an impressively large quantity to get sufficient calories from it.

Cabbage won't do anything for strength, though. No protein. It's trace fibrous carbohydrates and water.

This thread is weird.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Cabbage_Merchant.png
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited October 2011
    Okay, Detective, you are arguably my favourite user I've met on any forum ever.

Hopefully your investigation will pick up soon.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Cabbage_Merchant.png

Trollololol?;D
  • TohruAdachiTohruAdachi Inaba Japan
    edited October 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    However, they're nutritionally fairly "empty" in that they're mostly water, meaning you would have to eat an impressively large quantity to get sufficient calories from it.

So, they're like the number 0? Nothing, and yet limitless possibility. For some reason, that kind of resonates with me.

I managed to get some of that muscle drink stuff, and since you mentioned cabbages being mostly water, I've decided to blend them in with my muscle shakes: that'll make them more tolerable to me.

Thanks. I'll post my progress as I go, I'm going to start by lifting 7.5 pound weights, and I think I could bench something like 40 pounds. I think I can go a whole 5 minutes cardio workout without getting winded, which must be pretty good.

Stay tuned to see the new, improved Adachi. I'll post my progress every week or so.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    not_sure_if_srs.jpg
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Step 1: Dress in a baggy shirt
    Step 2: Put cabbages in arms of shirt
    Step 3: look like you have HUGE biceps
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    41590_269709984137_5143214_n.jpg
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    not_sure_if_srs.jpg

I really think all of his responses are RP from a video game character. Is that a first on this site? I haven't seen anyone else doing that.
    edited October 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    I really think all of his responses are RP from a video game character. Is that a first on this site? I haven't seen anyone else doing that.

Ah, I freaking wish I were a video game character. Life'd be a lot more interesting that way. No, I'm a rake thin detective, leading a rather boring life in an excruciatingly boring town. If I wanted to RP a character, I'd pick somebody a little more interesting like Master Chief or Sonic the Hedgehog or whatever. If somebody made a game about me, first off I want royalties, and second off I'd try to destroy every copy, much like with Shaq Fu for the SNES & Genesis.
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Step 1: Dress in a baggy shirt
    Step 2: Put cabbages in arms of shirt
    Step 3: look like you have HUGE biceps

Hmm.... That just might be crazy enough to might work... Just kidding.

Yeah, I was at the gym (like, the only ONE in all of Inaba) and I was doing my workout, and this girl (she couldn't have been more than 17) in a green jacket steps in, and does the leg lifts. Dear god, How can a teenage girl lift like, 400 pounds, with her feet? Immediately after she stopped I tried it, and I really struggled with 160.

And that isn't the only time I've been a disappointment either. Since moving up to benching 45 pounds, I keep being unable to finish the last rep of my 4th set, and I need to get help... It's really discouraging.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited December 2011
    So, they're like the number 0? Nothing, and yet limitless possibility. For some reason, that kind of resonates with me.

I'm sure it does, Detective. Just keep trying and perhaps someday you'll tap into that possibility.
    Yeah, I was at the gym (like, the only ONE in all of Inaba) and I was doing my workout, and this girl (she couldn't have been more than 17) in a green jacket steps in, and does the leg lifts. Dear god, How can a teenage girl lift like, 400 pounds, with her feet? Immediately after she stopped I tried it, and I really struggled with 160.

Oh, you saw Ms. Satonaka, did you? Yeah, from what I hear, she's a heck of a lot tougher than she looks.

I see her heading to the place down the street often for steak croquettes and the like. Maybe you should look into getting more protein. Cabbages don't do everything, Detective.
    edited October 2011
    Alright guys, so I'm gonna report my progress so far.

After 5 days, I've gained two pounds. I took the gas station attendant's advice, and I ate some of those steak croquettes. They tasted okay (not as good as cabbage), but those things are so tough! Hopefully they'll make me tough.