The Twinkie Diet

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Fitness
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

TL;DR Guy lost 27 lbs in 2 months eating junk food with strict calorie counting. Don't try this at home.

-Digi

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    It goes to show that total calories is a part of any diet. Anyone who tells you that you can eat "whatever you want and however much you want" is a snake oil salesmen (and no, snake oil doesn't block fat absorption).
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Calories in vs. calories out. Always. You will lose pounds. All your diet controls is whether or not it comes from muscle, too.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I honestly didn't believe the title when I read it, just because of all the dyes and preservatives that exist in snack cakes. Of course I've never claimed to know that much about the nutritional value of food so why start now.

Of course that said you'd likely need a great amount of self-control to eat at those levels without going overboard, self-control, which I doubt the average person actually has.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    27 pounds lost or not, that is still disgusting.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    27 pounds lost or not, that is still disgusting.

Oh yeah, no arguments there I'm just surprised it worked in the first place.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The laws of physics still apply. It's the potential side effects of the processed foods I would worry about.

Interesting bit about the people in food deserts, though. If food companies want to keep business as usual (what they sell and who they are selling it to), standardizing on smaller portions could still be a big help.