The 'Cool Story, Dovahkiin' Thread

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I prefer the house in Windhelm despite it's horrific history.

I plan to lay waste to Windhelm, so...
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    2008_04_14_gyfb_shirt_preview.png
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    arrow-photo-u38.jpg
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I finally heard the damn arrow to the knee in game yesterday.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    No lollygaggin'
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I used to study for my finals... then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Arrow in the knee is the new SPACE/cake is a lie. I'm already tired of it :/
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Arrow in the knee is the new SPACE/cake is a lie. I'm already tired of it :/

Aww... Did someone steal your sweetroll?
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm already on my fourth character, an intelligence analyst from High Rock who works for the Breton Intelligence Agency. The field operatives I worked with were all killed while trying to cross the border into Skyrim and I was the only one who made it through (barely). I'm an expert on Skyrim, dragons and Nordes but I don't have any field experience. My mission is to bring a quick end to the war either way to prepare us all for another battle against the Thalmor. I'm building her as a conjurer and I'll attend the university as a means to an end (achieving more power to further our goals).

Needless to say, discovering that I was dragon born has been quite the surprise but I'm still frail and weak. Playing on Master difficulty doesn't help much either...
    edited December 2011
    CB wrote:
    Aww... Did someone steal your sweetroll?

Mark my words. It won't be funny for long. I give it three weeks, tops, before everyone is fed up with hearing it.
    edited December 2011
    This is Lynx in a few days.

arrow-photo-u37.jpg
    edited December 2011
    I've already grown tired of the damned thing...I mean some things are funny yeah but not when they're mentioned every ten bloody minutes and I have to sit through every single one plotting a way to make them stop.

On that note a friend made the 'arrow in the knee' joke when we were playing MW3 on the Xbox (They finally convinced me to get it) thankfully we were playing hardcore mode so I turned around and shot his character in the head.

I swear Lynx is right and this is EXACTLY like the bloody cake joke, for months after Portals release every time someone mentioned cake someone in the room would start squealing about it...hell I still know one or two people who think its as hilarious as it was when it first appeared...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I hear mute fixes the problem
    edited December 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    I hear mute fixes the problem

YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO MUTE LIFE?????

Teach me your ways magic man!!!
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited December 2011
    There is a way to mod the game so that greetings only happen when you're much closer to the NPC. Don't have the deets right now but I spotted it. I'm on the verge of installing it.
    edited December 2011
    ...And I can't get it because I have the xbox version (The only bonus is that I have yet to experience a crash)
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind hearing it in the game. I'm tired of hearing it everywhere else. LOL ARROW IN THE KNEE SO RANDOM XD

no.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Do like your avatar.. Deal with it.
    edited December 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    Do like your avatar.. Deal with it.

:approve:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Great. The Housecarl of Riften is immortal. And I married her, ignorant of her divinity. Wonderful.

You know what... I think I'm experiencing a bug. The Riften girl was the only companion I'd ever had, so I didn't notice until I decided that it would be totally in-character for my current character to hire jerks from the local bar to come with her into the dungeons, then just let them block arrows 'til they die, and she can just hire a new 'shield', So I hired some random guy in a bar, and he can't die either.

So, I grabbed another one to experiment, and they also cannot die.

No one who is my companion can ever get killed by the enemy (If I attack them while they're down, they die, but enemies never kill them no matter how badly outnumbered).

But on the interwebs, I see all kinds of stories about people's companions getting killed off, so what's going on in my game? Anyone else have this issue?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I think they're accidentally killing their companions. Your companion can die if you somehow screw up (if you trigger a trap and they die, if they get caught in your crossfire, etc.). If, during a battle, you hit them even once, then they can die from the mobs.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I've had three companions die, two who were severely injured and ran into my arrows and one who was being attacked by two or three enemies who all had started their power attacks, which killed her. I imagine it is the same logic they use when determining if they should attack enemies, as my current companion stops when the enemy falls to one knee.
  • CameronLuxCameronLux Member
    edited December 2011
    It was a dark night, I was climbing to the throat of the world to retrieve some heavy object I had left, the corpse of Paarthurnax laid there, bones moving slightly in the blizzard winds, as I grabbed my items I noticed I had yet to see the dragon that circles the tip of the mountain; it was strange that all I could hear was the wind instead of pattern of the dragon threatening me with it's voice, I unsheathed my sword and pulled my shield ready, my Heavy Orcish armor weighing down my body, my trusted Blade's Sword emitting flames and keeping me warm from the harsh cold. That's when I saw it, The Dragon, it was done just threatening it charged hard and fast; I began my sprint for the edge of the mountain, "Wuld Nah Kest" I screamed launching myself off of the mountain the dragon following, I grazed the edge of the mountain in attempts to slow me down from my perilous fall, then I had an idea, I turned to the dragon; "Iiz Slen Nus!" The word fluently left my lips and traveled loud and quick to the dragon, freezing it solid and dropping it like a rock.
    When I reached the bottom, the dragon lay there, dead upon impact; I stood tall letting it's soul flow to me, the skin burning. I turned and walked away, more battles to be fought.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2011

Mark my words. It won't be funny for long. I give it three weeks, tops, before everyone is fed up with hearing it.

2 and a half weeks. HAH! TAKE THAT YOU SOOTHSAYER.
    I did say to someone on Reddit:
    (ron burgundy voice) I remember when I heard my first meme
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Haha, we use the 'I remember when' in our household a lot more than we should
  • I'm beginning a new meme, reiterating existing meme in haiku:

the cake is a lie
    all your base are belong to
    arrow to the knee

will it blend, I ask
    ceiling cat is watching you
    fool, pants on the ground
    Quick, crochet it and I'll put it on my wall.
  • Frankly, I'm much more tired of hearing "*sigh* I am sworn to carry your burdens." than I am of hearing the arrow to the knee.
    Lydia is seriously such a bitch with that. Aranea's much more helpful - "What would you like to take?"

The housecarl in Proudspire always acts like I'm there to wreck up the place when I go home to drop stuff off. "I trust you won't be making any trouble..." Bitch, this is MY HOUSE.