If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

MLP: FiM discussion thread

UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer GraphicsRedwood City, CA Icrontian
edited Dec 2011 in Bronies
Welcome to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic discussion thread!

All discussions for the best show in the history of shows will go here. The Images with overloads of ponies thread will become an image-centric thread. Furthermore, IC Pony Streams (ICPS) scheduling and discussion will soon have its own thread, to make tracking of those even easier. This will hopefully make things easier to follow.

Anyways, we join our regularly scheduled programming already in progress:

UPSLynx said:
My little experiment is working.

Remember when I made that 30 seconds of Squee video a month or so back? The community has discovered it, and it's growing exponentially. I checked it right before going to bed last night, and this morning I found it had gained 700+ views overnight. It's surging popularity has prompted YouTube to ask if I want to monetize the video. This is hilarious.

Oh hey, now over 75 thousand views and climbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVkmH-EkYqM

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    That's great, really hard not to smile or feel good while watching that.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC
    edited Nov 2011
    I wasn't even watching something pony related when I came across it :b

Also, I'm posting this everywhere so yeah. Here yah go: http://americancensorship.org/
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Hey, Canti, remember that one time we all played
    Spoiler:
    that NES pony game, "Story of the Blanks"?
    That was great.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Still looking for dat Rainbow Dash, Norm.

Yeah so I'm about to post a Ponychan link. Deal with it. I don't go there, so I don't know how long threads stay active (on the internet hate machine, they only last a few hours typically). This thread has been alive for many days though, so whatever.

I dare you to go through the entire thing with dry eyes. You won't make it. I read the whole thing. I lasted, like, 20 posts.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pic/res/436613.html
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    I made it 6 posts. Curses.
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Please don't call us pegasisters
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Is there a new episode this Saturday?
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Annes said:
    Is there a new episode this Saturday?
    Yes, and we're going to be watching it in one of the ballrooms here at the hotel on the main stage sound system. :D
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    ardichoke said:
    I made it 6 posts. Curses.
    Not gonna go there at work nor at home, most likely, so care to give me a TL;DR?
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    I made it about 5 in to the Derpy Poem before I had to stop.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    I dare you to go through the entire thing with dry eyes. You won't make it. I read the whole thing. I lasted, like, 20 posts.
    Having read that, I steeled myself and dove in. Eyes were physically dry till about the 18th actual sad post. I stopped looking after the "Banishment? What would give you that idea?" 2 panel comic.
    edited Nov 2011
    djmeph said:
    Fluttershy at Midwest Furfest. She was at Youmacon but I didn't have my camera and my phone was dead. Glad I ran into her here!
    While I normally find fursuits in general to be a bit creepy, I'm okay with this. I mean, it is the best pony, so...

Wait, you're at MFF, Señor Meph? I'll be there soon myself to hook up with some friends I haven't seen in a while. Gotta love the nerd conventions.

I saw in the con programming that there was a Brony meetup at 4pm today. You know that MLP: FiM coloring book I brought to Oktoberfest that everyone was doodling in? I'll be bringing that with me with those crayons. It should be a riot. Hope to see you there if you can make it.

After it's filled with mindless retardation awesome and win, I'll be scanning and uploading them to a gallery of some sort (with Icrontic separated from the rest), and posting the most hilarious and/or offensive ones here. Spoiler alert: some ponies will have Capri Sun.

Yes, bronies at a furry convention. Deal with it.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Haven't bawwed. This gets me the closest, though:

edited Nov 2011
    Not going to click the link here at school but I'll click it when I get home. (Don't want NSFS things on my school PC)
    edited Nov 2011
    Tushon said:
    Not gonna go there at work nor at home, most likely, so care to give me a TL;DR?
    Synopsis below:

Spoiler:
    It's a short story about Spike growing old, long outlasting the lives of his six friends, with only a faded photograph to remind him. He dies at the end of it, and rejoins his friends in the afterlife. Sad pic to boot

So I'm thinking a pony stream next week on Tuesday to watch the two new episodes. So if you feel like saving them, that'll be the timeline.
    edited Nov 2011
    I've only seen the Cutie Pox episode, so I'll hold off on the newest till Tuesday.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    Synopsis below:

Spoiler:
    It's a short story about Spike growing old, long outlasting the lives of his six friends, with only a faded photograph to remind him. He dies at the end of it, and rejoins his friends in the afterlife. Sad pic to boot

So I'm thinking a pony stream next week on Tuesday to watch the two new episodes. So if you feel like saving them, that'll be the timeline.

Do it Wednesday, and I'll actually be able to participate.
    edited Nov 2011
    AlexDeGruven said:
    Do it Wednesday, and I'll actually be able to participate.
    Hmm.. That might be a good idea. Was worried about losing people to Holiday travel, but if people are around on Wednesday, we can roll with it.
    edited Nov 2011
    All discussions for the best show in the history of shows will go here. This is a placeholder.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    All discussions for the best show in the history of shows will go here.
    But why would we be talking about Fawlty Towers in the MLP thread?
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited Nov 2011
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    I could probably pull off Wednsday, though I may end up getting in later than usual.
    edited Dec 2011
    Oh man, I laughed hard. Well played.

Actually Wednesday would work for me too, it's the one day I have a semi-stable internet connection around that time of night.
    edited Nov 2011
    Fitzkrieg, that video is hilarious.

What kind of timeframe are you looking at for Wednesday, Cola?
    edited Nov 2011
    I truly, truly enjoyed that vid, wasn't expecting the neighing at all.

I ended up bursting out laughing as soon as it started.

Also did I hear a mule in there somewhere?
    edited Nov 2011
    I'm down for Wednesday.
    edited Nov 2011
    I'm good for any day really.
    edited Nov 2011
    Eh, it's just gonna be relatives and I'm not sure how late we're gonna be doing stuff, I'd say I'd probably be able to jump in at 10, but that's just an estimate. Me getting in earlier is entirely possible, so whenever is fine by me.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Basil said:
    +10
    edited Nov 2011
    Argh. Something came up for me on Wednesday. We'll have to do the stream on Tuesday. Sorry, Nathan.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    I'm kinda hoping this next Rainbow Dash episode coming up next week adds some more character development for her. She gets the least character development of the mane six (learning that she able to do more awesome things really doesn't count), and this latest episode did pretty much nothing to bring Dash-haters over to liking her more.
    edited Nov 2011
    Though I haven't seen the new episode yet, I agree with your sentiments. Dash is my favorite, but she's pretty one-dimensional so far. You really only see her delve into new characteristics with the first episode, when she gives up the Shadowbolts to help her friends. She's played the same part every other episode, while the other characters have broken mold and become richer characters.
    edited Nov 2011
    This is true, but I personally haven't gotten tired of the beat-all, whatever-it-takes attitude.

Rainbow is also the only pony so far who doesn't have a pet, any chance she'll get one in season 2?
    edited Nov 2011
    Ilriyas said:

Rainbow is also the only pony so far who doesn't have a pet, any chance she'll get one in season 2?
    *cough*
    edited Nov 2011
    Seeing as how I actually managed to hold off watching the latest episode.

I'll take that as a yes.
    edited Nov 2011
    I went ahead and watched it since I'm not sure I'm gonna make the sync. I hope I can make it. I foresee some potential with this ep.
    edited Nov 2011
    Ilriyas said:
    This is true, but I personally haven't gotten tired of the beat-all, whatever-it-takes attitude.
    Believe me, I haven't either.

She's a pony with a lot of heart, but also with her own well-walled insecurities.

Honestly? They really should have her take Scootaloo under her wing. it would do wonders for her character. Having her take on the responsibility of being a role-model/big sister sub would not only give them stuff to work with, but allow Dash to show some heart.
    edited Nov 2011
    She already is a role-model of sorts for Scootaloo, taking on a larger role would, I agree definitely improve on her character.

BRUSHIES EVERYWHERE WHAT THE HELL!!!
    edited Nov 2011
    Agreed. As much as I don't like the CMC, having Scoots attached to Dash would be pretty rad.
    edited Nov 2011
    It's not Trixie.
    It's disappointment.
    edited Nov 2011
    Oh please, I saw this coming lol.
    edited Nov 2011
    At first I was like 'Trixie gonna dick' but then the show was like eeNOPE!

Also spotted this on the front page of ED, its pretty lulzy.
    http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3270/1/Sparkle%27s-Law/A-step-by-step-guide-to-driving-Twilight-Sparkle-Insane
  • GreenDaniGreenDani Atlanta, Georgia
    edited Nov 2011
    I would love to watch the episodes with you guys! How...(I'm new) How does one go about watching the episodes with you? =3 I've seen the newest one 3 times, oddly enough (I was showing it to different people while watching it myself as it came on). But the fan interaction is another reason I love being a brony so much!! ^^

Again, I'm new. So forgive me if I'm asking a silly question.
    edited Nov 2011
    GreenDani said:
    I would love to watch the episodes with you guys! How...(I'm new) How does one go about watching the episodes with you? =3 I've seen the newest one 3 times, oddly enough (I was showing it to different people while watching it myself as it came on). But the fan interaction is another reason I love being a brony so much!! ^^

First of all, welcome! Second, if you want info on when we'll be doing streams of episodes, keep an eye on this thread:
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94234
    edited Nov 2011
    Welcome, new guy!
    You will fit in quite well here!
    It's kind of inevitable on this forum, really!
    edited Nov 2011
    We should be having another one the upcoming week (Generally a biweekly thing, at least is has been as long as I've taken part in them)

And lol at the tags for this discussion, just bothered checking them 'rainbow dash is best pony' XD
    edited Nov 2011
    Technically, I'm a new girl, but a brony all the same!
    And I hope I fit in, love and tolerance and all that. =3 And it's about bronies, ponies, and occasionally Pinkie (and mah RD) so I'm all a flutter.

I'll have to keep a lookout on the stream-thread as well as the calendar. >O Can't. Miss. Again!
    edited Nov 2011
    GreenDani said:
    For some reason, I read that as "forgive me if I'm a silly filly". Lulz.

Also, welcome to the herd. Hope to see you during one of our (mostly) weekly ponystreams!
    edited Nov 2011
    Why did I NOT say "silly filly"?! I'm a bit disappointed in myself!
    edited Nov 2011
    GreenDani said:
    Why did I NOT say "silly filly"?! I'm a bit disappointed in myself!
    Hey, it's all good. I got your back.