If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Icrontic Pony Streams!

UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer GraphicsRedwood City, CA Icrontian
edited Jan 2012 in Bronies
Welcome to the Icrontic Pony Stream (ICPS) planning and discussion thread!

This thread will be used for scheduling future ICPS, in addition to discussion of the streams and hosting images of funny things that happen during the streams.

Below I have archived, in a way, the past stream announcements. All new announcements will be made in subsequent posts, as well as being recapped in this post for easy viewing.

NEXT UPCOMING STREAM INFO
Day: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND
Time: 7:00PM PST (10:00PM EST)
URL: http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx

Tally-ho.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #2

Monday night (tomorrow) I'm planning on setting up another Icrontic synchtube with a few episodes of My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic. Join us for lulz, cartoons, and ponies. Bring a beer. Bring lots of beer. Make sure you have vent ready to go. It's gonna be a riot.

Time: 9PM PST (Midnight EST)
    Place: Ventrillo

Time can be adjusted as necessary, but I won't be able to start a ton sooner than midnight. Might be able to do 11 EST.

DON'T MISS IT. IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST.

>yfw you miss this:
    edited Jun 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #4 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN and MOONBASE ALPHA

SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY. GET YER PONI HERE:

Saturday, June the 11th will be ICPS #4. Saturday means everyone can drink to their heart's content and watch ponies until they pass out. We'll watch at least four episodes of My Little Pony, but more than likely it'll go longer than that. Expect the usual - each episode will be followed by a handful of :30-1 minute "commercials" so everyone can take a quick break for whatever reason (probably whiskey). Join us on Ventrillo for maximum hilarious. Bring booze for ultimate maximum hilarious.

BOBBYDIGI HAS PROMISED TO GET JUICED ON THE BOOZE. IT'S GONNA BE HILARIOUS.

Time: 7PM PST (10PM EST)
    URL: http://synchtube.com/r/eXDt (probably)

Special advance viewing for our friend in the Netherlands - Snark, if you want to watch, say the word. Some of us can try to get on earlier to pregame the mane event (lol) and watch a few episodes.

THIS WILL BE BETTER THAN BAD, IT'S GOOD.

>another pony stream? TAKE ALL MY MONEY

edited Jul 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #7 (I think LOL) brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, MISSING BLANKS, and TOYS R US

WHY WON'T THE ROOM STOP SPINNING? SOMEONE MAKE THE ROOM SPINNING STOP!

Tomorrow evening, fools. It's been too long and we're all itching (some of us literally) for DAT SYNCHTUBE. We had an outstanding in-person MLP viewing at Icrontic Expo a few weeks ago (If you were there, you just know. SPIKE, USE YOUR ****, etc.). Now it's time to bring it back to the internets.

Wednesday, July 13 will be ICPS #7ish. We will try to start this one a little earlier to accommodate them working folk in the wrong timezone (EST sucks!) You know the drill - standard format, drinks are encouraged, and for goodness sake, JOIN US ON VENT! Prepare for PONIES.

Time: 8PM PST (11PM EST)

Now, we've seen the majority of episodes at this point, and it's hard to remember which ones we have and haven't seen, so let's try something new. Everyone who plans on being there - feel free to drop a recommendation for episodes to watch in this thread. That way we can just watch whichever ones we want, and hopefully catch some new episodes if someone out there has been paying closer attention than I.

THIS IS GONNA MELT FACE

>MFW BobbyDigi is the only fan of Spike out there
    edited Jul 2011
    cola said:
    It's actually MLP:FiM, and I believe we're having a group synctube viewing later this week. You should join us and see what it's all about :D

speaking of which....

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #8 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, TURNTABLE.FM, and NEGATIVE OPINIONS.

WHY ARE DEM PONIES SO CUTE GODDAM

Dudes. This is the weekday synchtube you've all been waiting for. Thursday evening, we're starting this biznatch up early. Early for all dem East Coast working fools. No one will be left behind. West Coast, deal with it, because this thing is gettin' kicked off at dinner time.

Thursday, July 28th, we're starting dem ponies at 7PM PST/10PM EST. It's gonna be like TF2 but instead of guns there are cutie marks. Maximum enjoyment of the stream will be attained by joining us on Icrontic Ventrillo. YOU KNOW!

Time: 7PM PST (10PM EST)
    Server: Same as before, find it elsewhere on IC or ask me directly if you need it.

Taking suggestions on which episodes to watch. Don't say any episodes with the Cutie Mark Crusaders :<

Drinking at dinner time? It's more likely than you think.

>WTF there are ponies all over my desk at work and I don't give a fffuuuuu

edited Aug 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #9 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, ACM SIGGRAPH, and LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.

AWWW SHUCKS, TIME TO GET CRUNK WITH PONIES ON THE WEEKEND

Weeks have gone by in silence, but now it's back, effers, and this time we're taking the weekend with us. This Saturday, a synchtube is going down. There will be ponies. There will be Capri Sun. There will be booze. But will YOU be there? (Yes, you will).

Saturday, August 20th, join us on this world wide interweb. We're kicking off the stream at 8:30 PST/11:30 EST. Bring beverages. I want everyone going nuts. Maybe we get to see Digi get drunk out. Drunk out. Join us in Ventrillo? Don't act like you didn't know.

Time: P8:30PM PST (11:30PM EST)
    Server: Same as before, find it elsewhere on IC or ask me directly if you need it.

Once again, taking suggestions of episodes to watch. I hate to say it, but it may be time to break out a Cutie Mark Crusaders episode. I'm going to throw down for Stare Master.

>Maybe some durnk LoL with Vagimere aftwerwards?
    edited Aug 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #10 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, ICRENN, and LEAGUE OF LEGENDS (again).

THE WEEKEND SUCKS. BRINGING THIS BACK TO THE WEEK.

Early again, fools. We finna squeeze in a pony stream before the lot of us ship off to Virginia for ICRENN. The last weekend stream didn't go so well (actually, it was a riot and Bagfoot was so Bagfoot that Bagfoot didn't even show up) but seriously, no one showed up. Eff that noise. Weekday warrior time.

Tomorrow, August 30th. Sychtube. You know the drill. Starting at 7PM PST/10PM EST because I gotta get to the airport at 11:15ish.

Probably going to watch The Best Night Ever because none of us actually remember that one (LOL Expo viewing. So good). Others as suggested.

>You can't say no to this face. YOU CAN'T.

edited Sep 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #11 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, MLP:FiM Season 2, and DJ MEPH

I used DJ MEPH as a sponser without asking him and I don't even care.

Holy crap you guys. Hey, you guys. Season 2 of MLP starts tomorrow morning. What better way to celebrate than to get together with a bunch of IC peeps and watch the new episode with booze? THERE IS NO BETTER WAY. DEAL WITH IT.

Here's the deal. This madness is getting started Wednesday of next week, September 21st. Why am I posting this so early in advance? Because Saturday morning, Hub is airing S2E1. I invite you all to wait and watch the episode with all of us together on Wednesday. It'll be fun. I promise.

So yeah, we're frigging watching the first episode. I'm saving it for the pony stream. Cola is saving it. All yall best save it. Save it for marriage. We'll probably kick off the stream with the new episode, so make sure you're not late. DON'T BE LATE.

>Been dreamin' I've been waiting, to roll with dem Icrontians

edited Sep 2011
    UPS Hitman said:
    I blame the rum!
    Don't we all. Which reminds me:

Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #11.5 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, MLP:FiM SEASON 2 PART 2, and DUB STEP

This has to be done.

Alright, so it's like this: as we found out last Wednesday, the new episode of Season 2 is actually a two-parter. As things were getting good (oh, how good they are) we were left with TO BE CONTINUED.

So, naturally, we need to watch part 2.

Same bat time, same bat channel. We're going to maybe re-watch part 1 if people decree it. This is mostly so we can see the finale of this episode though, so that's the plan.

This might not even be a full-length stream, we just need that part 2. If people want to stick around and watch more episodes after that, I'm down. It'll be a game time decision.

Also - an important note. Word on the street is that Season 2 takes a little break after this two part Discord saga. No clue why, but if rumors are true, then we won't have any more new episodes for a little while.

>Dat intro screen

edited Oct 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #12 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, IC OKTOBERFEST 2011, and IRISH COFFEE FOR DINNER

Also known as the Luna stream.

Oh snap. Two new episodes, can you feel it? This Saturday is the first episode to feature Luna since the season 1 pilot episode. Plus ponies in costumes. Plus Twilight Sparkle with a beard. There isn't enough HHHNNNNNGGGGGG~~ in the world.

So setting this up for next week. You should do as last time and save Saturday morning's episode for our stream. It'll be more fun. Secret Butt Fun. I promise. Bonus fun if you bring booze (and I'm off Wednesday! Woohoo!)

Day: Tuesday, October 25
    Time:
    7:00PM PST (10:00PM EST)

All the new peeps - be sure to PM me if you don't have the vent info. Trust me, it's totally worth it.

So we're going to watch last weekend's episode first, then we'll watch this weekend's episode. So we get best episode ever followed by what will probably be the new best episode ever. After that, I think we should watch Boast Busters. I gotta get dat Trixie fix.

Did we ever end up watching Green Isn't you Color? I don't remember :(

>Deal with it
    edited Nov 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #13 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, and the CALIFORNIA EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT

This stream is in no way associated with Advanced Micro Devices or its affiliates

I have a lot of time on my hands now, and I need a reason to smile and laugh. So that means ponies.

Tomorrow, Thursday the 10th. Same old time. Join us on the synchtube channel and hit us up on VENT.

Day: Thursday, November 10th
    Time:

We have one new episode to watch, so we'll put it off the top. Anything else is up to you guys. I'm going to throw a vote in for Sonic Rainboom, because I think it's been a long time since we watched that one.

>I know that feel
    edited Nov 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #14 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, GALO SENGEN, and DESERT BUS FOR HOPE.

Pregaming Thanksgiving with Ponies!

Aw yeah. You know you want it. You know you need it. And now that we have a pony subforum, you know you gonna deal with it. So let's kick it with those pastel-colored equines on the internet. Best night ever? You bet.

Stream kicks off next week. Tuesday the 10th is the day. Get crunk if you want. Crunk on Capri. Oh! There's a new song in this week's new episode! It's gonna be S

Day: Tuesday, November 22nd
    Time:

Two new episodes to watch! A bunch of us are saving this week's episode to watch at the stream, so if you enjoy surprises and secret butt fun, wait till Tuesday with us!

After those two episodes, we watch whatever we want. You know the deal.

>So many potential jokes with this pic
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #14 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, GALO SENGEN, and DESERT BUS FOR HOPE.

Pregaming Thanksgiving with Ponies!

Aw yeah. You know you want it. You know you need it. And now that we have a pony subforum, you know you gonna deal with it. So let's kick it with those pastel-colored equines on the internet. Best night ever? You bet.

Stream kicks off next week. Tuesday the 10th is the day. Get crunk if you want. Crunk on Capri. Oh! There's a new song in this week's new episode! It's gonna be S

Day: Tuesday, November 22nd
    Time:

Two new episodes to watch! A bunch of us are saving this week's episode to watch at the stream, so if you enjoy surprises and secret butt fun, wait till Tuesday with us!

After those two episodes, we watch whatever we want. You know the deal.

>So many potential jokes with this pic

My vow to the streams

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Damnit!! I have a 6AM flight on Wednesday Morning from Orlando to Cincy... To Pony or not to Pony... That is the question...
    edited Nov 2011
    Do it! I've done pony streams before early flights numerous times.
    edited Nov 2011
    I'm an idiot for having scheduled this during Desert Bus for Hope. I'll be watching two things at once.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Multi-Task, MULTI-TASK LIKE YOU'VE NEVER MULTI-TASKED BEFORE!!!!!
    edited Nov 2011
    It should be cool, I've been playing video games while watching for the last three days. Ain't no thang.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    And people say we cant multi-task, I'm re-watching MLP:FiM AND writing notes on Rommel.

I love this show so bloody much.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Won't be able to make tonight's stream. Still have work in the AM.

Let's definitely try and get one going for the week between Christmas and New Year's. I'm off the entire time and grandparents are in town to wrangle the kiddos (I can sleep in!).
    edited Nov 2011
    Stream is live, fools. GET IN HERE

http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx#
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    I only caught the tail end of this, twas awesome as usual though.

Also, LYNX MAD COS HE CAN'T INTO WHISKY.
    edited Nov 2011
    Basil said:

Also, LYNX MAD COS HE CAN'T INTO WHISKY.

HAHAHA! oh man, that whole bit cracked me up dude. <4
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited Dec 2011
    HAHAHA! oh man, that whole bit cracked me up dude. <4</div>
    Less than four? That's a new one. Stream was great, though. Lots of cool stuff, lots of fun. I'm glad I was able to attend.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Sorry I had to cut out of the stream early after we watched the new ep. A friend of mine was waiting anxiously to introduce me to the glory that is Saints Row The Third.

Game is awesome, by the way.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    <4 is mo love then <3

-Digi
    edited Nov 2011
    Fitzkrieg said:
    Less than four? That's a new one. Stream was great, though. Lots of cool stuff, lots of fun. I'm glad I was able to attend.
    Like Digi said, <4 is a little Icronticism that we came up with. I think Prime said something like "If <3 means love, then what do you use when it's better than that? <4?"

And as it was, it became Icrontic canon.

Last night's stream was awesome. Thanks again to Digi for blessing us with his trio of classic videos one last time.

Last night went something like this: The newest episode was awsome. Trixie is best side pony deal with it. Felicia Day is overrated. Synchtube still sucks brb refreshing. I'm so fresh. Digi why you gotta play Twilight's Lonely Day, follow up with Applejack's grief unmuted deal with it. Cheap beer. Whiskey or whisky. Anime ponies.

I think that pretty much covers last night.
    edited Nov 2011
    I was gonna say 400tonnes of epic and ponies.

Seriously these streams are the best, too bad I've gotta deal with the 12:30 crap. Once I hit uni I'm staying up for the whole thing. (If we continue it into next year, which hopefully and likely we will.)
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    Ilriyas said:
    I was gonna say 400tonnes of epic and ponies.

Seriously these streams are the best, too bad I've gotta deal with the 12:30 crap. Once I hit uni I'm staying up for the whole thing. (If we continue it into next year, which hopefully and likely we will.)

I don't think we'll be stopping anytime soon.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    Felicia Day is overrated.
    I will punch you all right in the head!

Disappointed I missed it. Hopefully I'll be able to make a December one.

Wednesday wouldn't have worked out after-all, since I was working on the basement well into the wee hours of the morning that night.
    edited Nov 2011
    Felicia Day IS overrated. Deal with it!
  • GreenDaniGreenDani Atlanta, Georgia
    edited Nov 2011
    I joined all of this too late! Noooooo!!! Well, I hope they'll be another stream soon that I can join in! ^_^!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    GreenDani said:
    I joined all of this too late! Noooooo!!! Well, I hope they'll be another stream soon that I can join in! ^_^!
    If things continue with how they have been going then there will likely be at least 2 scheduled viewings before the 25th. However, the past months don't have the same amount of potential travel and other "away" time like December does. We shall see in due time.

Also, welcome to Icrontic, GreenDani! Yay for more green up in here!
    edited Nov 2011
    =) Yaaaaaaaaay for more Green! I'd love Carrot Top if Pinkie wasn't so near and dear to me! And I hope we do the viewings soon, I *love* watching Ponies with friends!!
    edited Nov 2011
    You'll have a blast, guaranteed. My first pony stream I couldn't stop laughing everything just gets so ridiculous.
    edited Nov 2011
    ^-^ Ridiculous is my middle name! Well, not really, but for this purpose I'll say it is.
    edited Nov 2011
    Glad you're looking to join us for the next stream, GreenDani. We can certainly promise fun and absurdity. Mostly because of booze, but whatever. The Pony streams on Icrontic are some of my favorite times had with this community, and I've been a member since 2007.

I'm thinking about having a stream later this week, or early next. We'll see how things pan out. Official announcement will be in this thread before too long though.
  • ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    Felicia Day IS overrated. Deal with it!
    You're dead to me o_o
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited Nov 2011
    UPSLynx said:
    Glad you're looking to join us for the next stream, GreenDani. We can certainly promise fun and absurdity. Mostly because of booze, but whatever. The Pony streams on Icrontic are some of my favorite times had with this community, and I've been a member since 2007.

I'm thinking about having a stream later this week, or early next. We'll see how things pan out. Official announcement will be in this thread before too long though.
    I'd wait til next week.
    This week's episode did not merit it's own stream, really.

....or we could replace the episode with watching "The Grand Galloping Collab" instead. We all really need to sit down and watch it.
    edited Nov 2011
    BHHammy said:
    I'd wait til next week.
    This week's episode did not merit it's own stream, really.

....or we could replace the episode with watching "The Grand Galloping Collab" instead. We all really need to sit down and watch it.
    I'm okay with BOTH of these ideas. If not both at the same time. :bigggrin:
    edited Nov 2011
    I would suggest waiting till next week, hopefully after the 7th if we can arrange it (Got a report due then and a major test so I'd unfortunately have to miss it if we went before...unless I can stop being sick long enough to properly write my paper.)
    edited Dec 2011
    Impromptu stream everybody. I'm having a crappy day and I want to laugh, so we're going to watch today's new episode. Possibly last week's episode as well.

If you can't make it, don't worry. I'm still planning on setting up a stream later this week.

Join us!

http://www.synchtube.com/r/UPSLynx
    edited Dec 2011
    Icrontic MLP Synchtube viewing #15 brought to you in part by CAPRI SUN, The Elder Scrolls, and SUCK MAH NUTS.

Thursday - LOOKS LIKE YOUR SKYRIM WILL HAVE TO WAIT.

RAINBOW RO DAH! Quit playing Skyrim for a few hours and watch some ponies with us! You can stop the
    Thu'um later. They won't go anywhere, I promise. Unless you uninstall the game to watch ponies, then they're gone FOREVER.

Thursday the the 8th, fools. NEW SONG IN THIS NEW EPISODE. IT'S A RARITY EPISODE AND A RARITY SONG AND YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEST PONY BEST SONG U MAD.

Day: Thursday, December 8th
    Time:

We'll be watching both of the new episodes, as usual. After that, WHO KNOWS? Possibly ticket master from Season 1? It's been a long time since we heard dat pinkie pie song.

>NO TWILIGHT, NO!
    edited Dec 2011
    Looking forward to this stream, just finished my bloody essay and this'll really help with de-stressing.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    Since when was galo sengen a tag for this thread? I approve.
    edited Dec 2011
    I don't know if this will work or how well it will go over, but you never know unless you try!
    Objection!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    OVERRULED!

There is no stopping The Pony Train!

-Digi
    edited Dec 2011
    RahnalH102 said:
    I don't know if this will work or how well it will go over, but you never know unless you try!
    Objection!
    hahahahaha! I wasn't expecting that. Good stuff.
    edited Dec 2011
    HOLD IT!! I never said to stop The Pony Train. Only that the Skyrim Train can't be stopped as well.

Lawyer work aside, I'm looking forward to this. Finals Week stress can go burn in a fire!
    edited Dec 2011
    I object to your hold it good sir!

Considering that we are all putting down Skyrim (In my case Serious Sam 3 and Skyrim) for the pony stream tonight I'd say that the Skyrim train can indeed be stopped, as it will at 10pm EST.

Also as I mentioned this is the perfect way to blow off steam from my SUPER ESSAY!!! can't freaking wait. Course I may be late because my brother refuses to get off League.
    edited Dec 2011
    I still deny it for a few valid reasons, but that's beside the point here. 1 hour.