If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Icrontic Pony Streams!

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    The next time we have new guests like that, I'll be sure to specify no rule 34 postings in chat or anything like that. It was only the new guys posting that stuff.
    Aw. :(

*hugs* @RahnalH102

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    The next time we have new guests like that, I'll be sure to specify no rule 34 postings in chat or anything like that. It was only the new guys posting that stuff.

Aw. :(

*hugs* @RahnalH102

Um wrong quote (or is it?!) but thank you!
    edited Apr 2012
    Right quote, two completely different statements. Prolly shoulda posted twice.

<3
  • VincenzoCaponeVincenzoCapone Elkhart, Indiana
    my daughter is 16 months old and absolutely loves the applebloom loop... shes dancing and im just laughing my butt off
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Member
    edited May 2012
    I know I found a few videos to add to my rather expansive collection. It's a shame I didn't get a chance to mock-I mean, uh, meet you Hammy... The regulars seemed kind of bummed you left. Thanks to everyone else for a rather entertaining night.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Thanks for stopping by Requit! I'm not kidding man, that was the most fun stream we've had, and we've been doing this for about a year now. Will have another stream soon.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Been raiding youtube for videos, nothing as good as Friendship is Gic or as hardcore as GG Allin but I think I've found one or two good ones.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Wait, so Lynx wants a Fluttershy Body Pillow? Something like this?
    Wait, so Lynx wants a Fluttershy Body Pillow? Something like this?
    ROFLCOPTER
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Can we create an IC pony fund to send that to him PLEASE!
    Body pillows aren't pony shaped. :(
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Ignore the fact you are talking about humping a pillow,

Talk about it not being the right shape.

ಠ_ಠ

-Digi
    edited May 2012
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    The blog mod would like me to remind everyone that she actually really likes Luna.
    I saw this and immediately thought of you guys.
    I can't possibly imagine why.

EDIT: Actually, the Icrontic version of this would probably be a bit more like this-

Repostan here for relevance.
    UPSLynx
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    >mfw this thread

(also ick)
    You're just 'ick'ing because it isn't Rarity.

I found these hilarious captures of the stream. Behold the glory that most of us don't remember:

Never realized I sound like I'm in a bathroom. Maybe I should move my stuff out of the bathroom.

Ignore the fact you are talking about humping a pillow,

Talk about it not being the right shape.

ಠ_ಠ

-Digi
    Well, it's nice to be able to tell what you're hugging in the dark.

Speaking of pony merch, anyone know where one can find better-than-made-in-china-standard-retail pony figures and other such things? I picked up the standard Rarity toy, and it's okay, but it's obvious not much care was taken in making it accurate. A large-size plushy would be cool, too :D
    My friend Alina could make you a Rarity (I'm not quite sure though, she spent a lot of time making my Rainbow Dash for my birthday and I'm not sure if she'd be willing to make another)

For reference:

My Rainbow Dash

Cola's Twilight Sparkle
    From what I understand, Midga, the blind bags are the only figures from hasbro that are show-accurate.

I think they're at Toys R Us. I think.
    That is correct, if American Toys R Us works at all similarly to Canadian Toys R Us then the blind bag mane six come in separate clear packages whereas other characters (Trixie, Celestia, Big Mac, etc.) come in the 'Blind Bags' be warned many are merely re-skins of show accurate characters and some (Fluttershy) are not at all show accurate.
    A reminder for all you drinking people, Malsententia's "Berry Punch" room will be open for business tomorrow at around .... I forgot the time (I'm under the impression it starts somewhere between 6-8pm Pacific, don't quote me on that though.) Try to come relatively sober so you can at least read the rules, in their tiny text, first and then party hard.
    I'll have to drop by our Toys R Us and see.
    And those plushies are cute, but a little rigid looking for my tastes, and a bit smaller than I'm looking for. Also, I'd rather find someone who's already in the business of doing it, or at least similar things.
    edited May 2012
  • AnnesAnnes Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    10.4" x 5.3" x 5.0"? That shit is TINY. (Ok, on one page it says 14" x 14" x 3.5" and the other it says 10.4" x 5.3" x 5.0". I r confused.)
    Pinkie Pie is also on sale: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11685836&searchURL=false

It is indeed tiny... and shaped like a pony

-Digi
    Is anyone "in" for Vent and the Berry Punch room tomorrow? Because I think the Happy Hour I'm supposed to go to is cancelled, and I'm so down.
    I'll be there as the unneeded designated driver.

As for the others, I can't vouch for their schedules this particular Friday, but they did show great interest in making this stream in particular when we were introduced to it, so I would expect a few of em.
    edited May 2012
    Pinkie Pie is also on sale: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11685836&searchURL=false

It is indeed tiny... and shaped like a pony

-Digi
    It's not shaped-like-a-pony enough for me, and way too small, but I know Lynx is in the market for pony pillows, so I figured I'd toss it up and show him the options out there.

This, on the other hand, I do very much want.

--edit--

Something like this would be awesome, too :3

Wait I must've left before this, what is this 'Berry Punch Room' and why does it sound awesome?
    SO cool. Man, the rest of her stuff is pretty good as well. Expensive, but quality!
    You were there for the channer influx, turns out some came from another synchtube dedicated to a MLP drinking game (rules explained in the banner) and/or from the My Little Alcoholic subreddit.

I'm game if some other ICer's are.
    That synctube channel starts at Midnight EST, EFF THAT. We should start at 9 or 10 EST, latest. Maybe I'll just be drunk when you bitches get here, there, or anywhere.
    Lauren Faust pony. Pretty outstanding work. So good, in fact, that she was purchased by none other than Lauren Faust :D
    I may be up for that tomorrow night, sure.

....oh lord. no.

I really, REALLY want that Rarity plushy. The Luna is good too. So expensive, but so want.

I unfortunately will not be in for booze stream tomorrow night. My schedule has become mad as I gear up for my move to LA for my new job. I'm in Indiana at the moment, and come Monday I'll be in LA for the entire week to work and apartment hunt. So I won't be able to join in on the Friday night fun until I move (the weekend after the 20th). I might have a chance to pop in to say hello, but without booze and without an evening to spend with all of you :(

But seriously, after I move and I have friday nights open again, I'll be doing these synchtubes regularly.
    I may or may not show up to the booze stream. TBH I'd rather play games.
    @Annes Some of us can probably start in Lynx's room, 9:00pm EST, then those that want to continue can move on over to Malsententia's room when the time comes.
    This goes here... yup...

-Digi
    I'd be screaming too.
    SMOOK SMOOK
    Well eff, I'm in the Malsentensia channel already. There is no one there, but I have Pony Beats, white wine, and Civ - so fuck it.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

Posted for posterity.

When you see it, you will shit brickz.

<3
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    Shit got real tonight fellas, ty to all that showed and to the few that manned up to the end.

Everyone should know that 'smooch marks on screen' comments have NOTHING to do with the video currently playing in that screenshot. :orange:

Lots of fun tonight, can't believe after all I said about not making this one, I not only went through a good portion of drinking game pony stream, but then migrated with everyone to do an impromptu stream on our own channel. I don't even know how long we went. EST is smalltime.

Malsententia's room was OK. It had 50 viewers, lots of laughs, lots of pony. However, at one point we saw the playlist unlock, and like clockwork we all started dropping in our favorites like GALO SENGEN, Adventures of Sonic the Sandraker, SANIC HEGHOG, and others. The entire block, when it came to, was immediately skipped by the mods, and a few people were complaining in seconds. It really was a buzzkill for us, which quickly left us to leave for our own stream. I think drinking with the guys will be fun (was booze-less myself tonight), but I don't think they're a long term fit for us. It's unfortunate because they're cool, and they're just like us, but their ALL PONY NOTHING ELSE AT ALL TIMES iron fist rule really sucks. You don't realize how much non-pony commercials break things up and keep it fun until you don't have them at all.

I dunno. I'm willing to give them another shot, and hopefully they'll loosen up.
    You guys were boozin', they were hatin', and everyone was generally unsure of what to do. You extended our community, they extended their penis.

And then I swooped in like Neo on Ventrilo and BAM, we left to have ourselves a proper night.
  • Oh noooo I forgot to check the forum here. Would you guys happen to be doing this again tonight?
    It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened...
    edited May 2012

....oh lord. no.

I really, REALLY want that Rarity plushy. The Luna is good too. So expensive, but so want.
    No, you want this.
    Spoiler:
    INB4 HHHNNNGGG DEM 'MAGENTA-RED' EYES/DAT PLUSH PLOT

Spoiler:
    I'd buy it
    Sunday night I was chillin with Kingpin/SCLisi back in Indiana. He brought over "Hated", the GG Allin documentary from the 80s. We boozed, and we watched it.

It was extremely fascinating. I mean, there's more GG there than any one person should ever see, but it offered an incredible look into his state of mind and his beliefs. My favorite part was a clip of him playing and singing some ballad/folk tune unplugged. It was odd to see him actually being passionate about music. He did actually care about it, and he did the dumb things he did for reasons, and he believed in all of it.

Super interesting. Anyways, pony related because best pony.