Inaugural BF3: League of Manly Men

1235»

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    I wish, severe enough back injury that I can not sit at a computer for any real amount of time. Sigh. Wanted to play, but just sitting here typing and my leg is starting to spasm and go numb :-(
  • Someone should fix the tag at the top of the site. It's showing today, when it should have been yesterday.
  • I saw it yesterday, but I had to work last night so I couldn't play.
  • Oh cool, I was around till 11 or so, few hopped on, some seemed to be having PC or Vent issues, preventing hardcore play.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    We added a new friend to the Wednesday rotation. He works with me and has his own crew he games with often. They needed help getting onto our Vent server mostly because I could not find the info on the Vent settings.

Either way, Tushon and I played until, 11:30PM Central?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Oops. Forgot to disable it today.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Sounds about right. Where is our fearless leader, @NiGHTS? Kenkeling out again? Can we get an announcement (in member's only, I'm guessing) of vent info? Unless there is already something floating around like that
    It's the very first post in the Members Only category: http://icrontic.com/categories/members-only

It scares me that people say they can't find things anymore; is there anything we can do to make the layout more intuitive?
    Honestly, I didn't look because of how much time it took Q to find it yesterday. I think he just didn't look there and I just thought it wouldn't be there because of him looking.

/derp
    I could not remember where we first talked about Vent server. Then I did a search for Vent and found it... but it was the old server with the wrong settings. Then I found a ton of "Vent Server Needs $$$" discussions. THEN, I remember which sub forum we talked about it and it is tagged (announcement) so it was RIGHT there... and it didn't have the password and I asked around and finally had the correct version and it worked.

In this case, I think the Vent info should be in the for each game/event "home page" (http://icrontic.com/bf3) OR some sort of embedding of the info so each home page has the info but based on references/symlinks so we can keep on page up to date and it updates the rest OR a link to Vent home page (which we do not have at present). I like the idea of home pages for the major aspects of Icrontic (yes, even for the Twilight Pony guys). Something that is a good summary, an easy link to send folks, and something that can be updated unlike trying to keep editing discussions.
  • I could also put it in the server announcements, unless we're concerned about abuse. But it'd be a nice thing to have all BF3 players chatting together.

Everytime I try to type something, I die.
    Oh, and I love the rail mounted M26MASS...
    The only reason we have the Vent info behind a member-only wall is because a quick google search reveals it, and we have had problems in the past with the server being taken over by foreign visitors.

That's the only reason it's in "Members Only" and not searchable; a necessary obfuscation.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    But but but chinese gold farmers are your friends!
    The only reason we have the Vent info behind a member-only wall is because a quick google search reveals it, and we have had problems in the past with the server being taken over by foreign visitors.

That's the only reason it's in "Members Only" and not searchable; a necessary obfuscation.
    Roger that. We now know and I, for one, have enjoyed my sheepish DOH! moment.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Sounds about right. Where is our fearless leader, @NiGHTS? Kenkeling out again? Can we get an announcement (in member's only, I'm guessing) of vent info? Unless there is already something floating around like that
    @Tushon Unfortunately I've no stable internet connection as I still transition to my new home (which has been slowed by additional roles I've been asked to take on at work). I've not been able to play since pre-patch. I've listed it on my battlelog, but figured I'd put it here, too, since it appears it got missed.

Ah. Worthy enough, I guess

Today is Wednesday and that means it was BF3 time. Thank you to Piggy, Tusion, and... I am forgetting some but we had about 10 people and it was a great night.