P90X2 is starting to ship!!

LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Fitness
Just got my notification that Tony Horton's latest attack on my body will be shipping out in the order they were received, but guaranteed to have it in by Christmas...

So by the time I've wasted my body on holiday gluttony and debauchery, Tony and his friends will be there shortly afterwards to kick my ass into shape yet again!!

I've never been so excited for 90 days of pain since the first round of P90X!!!

:rockon:

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Gah. I won P90x at a work function and can't really put it to use due to the apartment situation. Not being able to jump really puts a damper on this shit.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Annes wrote:
    Gah. I won P90x at a work function and can't really put it to use due to the apartment situation. Not being able to jump really puts a damper on this shit.

Same situation at my place. I have a basement that I was actually thinking about turning into an improvised gym, but I'm pretty sure deeply inhaling black mold would cancel out the fitness gains.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Same situation at my place. I have a basement that I was actually thinking about turning into an improvised gym, but I'm pretty sure deeply inhaling black mold would cancel out the fitness gains.

I have the feeling that having a basement with black mold is probably a vast health hazard anyways ... :eek:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I'll slowly build up a resistance or die trying.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Let the muscle confusion BEGIN!!!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I loved Laz... he was a great friend since high school. He was a great guy that often wondered into things that were not the best for his mind, body, or soul. We lost him when he was murdered by Tony Horton. Mr. Horton's lawyers will claim he did not kill my friend rather, my friend killed himself. I claim that putting arsenic into squeezable jelly bottle didn't kill the person, rather their addiction to jelly killed them. NO, putting the poison in the bottle is what killed the person.

Haven't we lost enough good people in this world to have one taken from us in his prime? Your honor, I ask that Tony Horton be convicted in the murder of LazarusXero. I rest my case....
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Is there a new ab ripper? That shit is gnarly.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    1) How long are a typical workout?
    2) Does he still babble for 1.2 minutes between sets? He already annoying, but after doing the same work out 3 times, I just want to choke him.
    3) Is it worthwhile to get? I already have (P90,Insantity)
    edited December 2011
    Butters wrote:
    1) How long are a typical workout?
    2) Does he still babble for 1.2 minutes between sets? He already annoying, but after doing the same work out 3 times, I just want to choke him.
    3) Is it worthwhile to get? I already have (P90,Insantity)

Here are a breakdown of the workout discs that it shipped with:

1 - X2 Core
    2 - Plyocide
    3 - X2 Recovery + Mobility
    4 - X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper
    5 - X2 Yoga
    6 - X2 Balance + Power
    7 - Chest + Back + Balance & X2 Ab Ripper
    8 - X2 Shoulders + Arms & X2 Ab Ripper
    9 - Base + Back & X2 Ab Ripper
    10 - P.A.P. Lower (P.A.P. stands for Post Activation Potentiation)
    11 - P.A.P. Upper
    12 - X2 Ab Ripper

Extras (available through a Beachbody coach or the website):
    13 - V Sculpt & X2 Ab Ripper
    14 - X2 Chest + Shoulders + Tris & X2 Ab Ripper

It seems as if it follows the same format as P90X with an hour workout that starts with a warm up and stretching and then ends with a cooldown. The Ab Ripper video is 15 minutes long (like before) and the Yoga is about 65 minutes long as opposed to the 90 minute P90X yoga.

In regards to Tony's incessent talking, yes, it's in full force here. BUT, I think Beachbody heard too many complaints about this though because most of the discs have options in which you can either (1) play the disc as is: music and his talking, (2) play it with the music and only his workout cues meaning they have cut out the blathering and jokes, (3) no music and his workout cues or (4) his non-stop jawing with no music so you can play your own music in the background. All in all, something for everyone.

To the final question of it being worthwhile, I don't know yet. I've done a couple rounds of P90X, some Insanity, and then I subscribed to the P90X One-on-One Volume 3 (making of P90X2) so I have a good idea of what's going to happen to me. The primary difference between P90X and X2 is that there is a LOT of core work in X2. To do this they use more equipment such as stability balls, medicine balls, and foam rollers along with the usual stuff (dumbbells, pull up bar, push up stands, yoga mat and block). I'm going to try to give some updates along my way (starting up on Jan 1) so check back here for my thoughts...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Let the muscle confusion BEGIN!!!

BTW, there's no such thing.
    edited December 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    BTW, there's no such thing.

I bet you go around to malls at Christmas time telling children there is no Santa, don't you? :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    You're too old to believe in the Muscle Confusion Fairy, sir.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I think Beachbody heard too many complaints about this though because most of the discs have options in which you can either (1) play the disc as is: music and his talking, (2) play it with the music and only his workout cues meaning they have cut out the blathering and jokes, (3) no music and his workout cues or (4) his non-stop jawing with no music so you can play your own music in the background. All in all, something for everyone.

I have P90X and all the disks have this option as well. Granted I only bought it about a year ago, so it's possible it is something they added later down the road.

I'm a big fan of P90X primarily because I work from home and it is nice to have something I can pop in and slam out in between work and conference calls.

I occasionally miss hitting the gym up, but since I love in a college town it's a nightmare - I definitely don't miss waiting in lines at all.

Actually just started my second run at it, with my first being almost a year ago. Looking forward to getting in shape again :D
    edited December 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    You're too old to believe in the Muscle Confusion Fairy, sir.

You are correct, so I'll defer to you for help in correcting misconceptions, errors or blatant lies in my updates. I definitely know that I have a lot to learn in the realm of kinesiology and nutrition. I always love to learn more, especially if it helps me achieve better results.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. From what you say, I haven't seen anything worthwhile. I'd wish there were alternate ab rippers as it gets easy after a couple weeks. I always thought it was odd that they market muscle confusion yet its the same ab ripper throughout the workout.

Since I'd be running these from my HTPC anyway, I'd do a edit job and cut his yapping out and trim a 60+ minute workout down to 45 minutes. No breaks! Thats what a pause button is for.
    edited December 2011
    Butters wrote:
    Thanks for the info. From what you say, I haven't seen anything worthwhile. I'd wish there were alternate ab rippers as it gets easy after a couple weeks. I always thought it was odd that they market muscle confusion yet its the same ab ripper throughout the workout.

I completely agree. Over the 90 days, you may only do Chest and Back 7 times at most, but you'll do ARX about 36 times.

If you want a couple additional Ab workouts through, check out his One-on-One series. There are three volumes so that's at least 3 more ab work outs. I have only gotten Volume 3, but I liked it. It's also an hour long, granted, you could probably cut out about 10 minutes of yappin'.