If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

The Icrontic Pony Drawthread

FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
edited Dec 2011 in Bronies
All right, here's the deal.

We may have a thread for pictures of ponies already, but I think it's high time we expanded our horizons a bit. I started this thread to give any established or budding artists among us a place to drop our pony-related work, as well as to drum up interest in drawing on our beloved little subforum.

Everyone is invited to participate; traditional and digital artists alike. Even if you think you can't draw, there's only one way to get better. Practice, practice, practice. Now get creative, folks; I don't want to be the only one posting stuff.

If you have a deviantART or whatever, post it up, and I'll add it to the list.

Directory
Fitzkrieg's deviantART

Oh, and if you have any questions about tools or programs to use, ask away.

Comments

• FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited Dec 2011
    My latest piece.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    Nice dude. So jealous of your skillz.

Are you up for requests at all?
    edited Dec 2011
    Are you up for requests at all?
    Eh, sure. Why not?
    Anything in mind?
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    I've got one!

As I mentioned in the stream a while back either Professor Fate or Professor Layton!

imageimage

...Their likeness to each other terrifies me...
    edited Dec 2011
    Fitzkrieg said:
    Eh, sure. Why not?
    Anything in mind?
    Hmm..

Something I've always tried to get drawfriends in /co/ to make is Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy flying with Hiccup and Astrid from HTTYD riding them. Or fighting them. Both would be hilarious and awesome.
    edited Dec 2011
    I've got one!

As I mentioned in the stream a while back either Professor Fate or Professor Layton!

...Their likeness to each other terrifies me...
    Right, I do remember you mentioning that. I'll give it a shot sometime.
    Hmm..

Something I've always tried to get drawfriends in /co/ to make is Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy flying with Hiccup and Astrid from HTTYD riding them. Or fighting them. Both would be hilarious and awesome.
    I hate to turn down requests, especially from my friends; but I wouldn't be able to do that request justice.
    I am straight awful at humans, you see.

That said, you could always try on Ponychan's /art/ board.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited Dec 2011
    I could try to Gimp everything together, quite good at image manipulation (Or at least I've gotten better of late)
    edited Dec 2011
    I could try to Gimp everything together, quite good at image manipulation (Or at least I've gotten better of late)
    Art is art. Do it, and post it up!
    edited Dec 2011
    Sorry for double-posting, but I finished that Professor Fate request.

Click for full size.
    edited Dec 2011
    That is freaking great! Seriously I saw that and my jaw fell open, you even got the eyebrow raise!

--------------------------------------------------

Also, not really a drawing but I did make it.

Was playing Batman Arkham City today and I saw Twoface said to myself 'Wow I should do a Twoface thing with Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.'

Well here you go (Put this together in a few minutes, I know the noses/mouths are off but the character designs are different enough that an exact match would be impossible this is the closest I could do considering that I couldn't draw if my life depended on it)

edited Dec 2011
    That is freaking great! Seriously I saw that and my jaw fell open, you even got the eyebrow raise!
    Well, I'm glad you like it.
    Was playing Batman Arkham City today and I saw Twoface said to myself 'Wow I should do a Twoface thing with Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.'
    That's a cool idea!
    It turned out well, anyway.
    edited Dec 2011
    Heapy Busujty Yokujmk sohuhel d stotaalll ygetouyj on nj thea steaffmn nowwa.

I'm bgjddliujnk, abn enogiytojne s haibnh fujhnk.
    Heapy Busujty Yokujmk sohuhel d stotaalll ygetouyj on nj thea steaffmn nowwa.

I'm bgjddliujnk, abn enogiytojne s haibnh fujhnk.
    What the hell just happened here?
    hahaha. Um, allow me to attempt to translate:

"Hey buddy, you should totally get in on the stream now"

"I'm a little drunk, and everyone's having fun"

In reference to last nights synchtube :D
    Lol, yeah sorry about that Fitz.

They said not to try it but the booze said it was the greatest idea ever...so yeah.

Also the new forum software scares me...
    edited Dec 2011
    I'm not sure if any of you play Magic: The Gathering, but here's a related ponification.
    Be careful, the image is huge.
  • Ilriyas and his Waifu. I TOLD YOU I WOULD DO IT!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout New Mexico Icrontian
    edited Jan 2012
    And I just now find this thread, dang I'm a horrid lurker. Then again it was started when I was inactive. Anyway I'll see what i can do here.

@ The Phyraxian, Sweet lord that is amazing!
    @Bladephoenix I smile every time I see that face.
    @Ilriyas has a secret waifu? TRIXIE OVER DASH?
  • Blasphemous, I know.
    @UPSLynx it's not what it looks like I swear!

Blade and I were having a discussion at school the other day and I said 'Trixie is best not main pony' then...well this happened.
  • BladephoenixBladephoenix Member
    edited Jan 2012
    For UPSLynx =D
    Yes, I know its the wrong way, deal with it.
    edited Jan 2012
    And then Ilriyas said: Let it be rotated! image

Also lol, I knew you said you were going to draw it but I didn't know you'd put in this much effort for a troll drawing xD.

Finally got my drawing ability to a level I'm happy with, I should be uploading a few of my own within the week.
  • BladephoenixBladephoenix Member
    edited Jan 2012
    Thanks for the flip, now Lynx can clop properly. Also I still think its a bit retarded looking. xD Still sexy.
    ..... you guys are ridiculous.

For what it's worth - very well drawn. But:

This is all Cola's fault.
    Hey man, I don't decide what gets drawn, hell I was going to do a Johnny Bravo pony. What dude draws is what dude draws.
    heh, no worries. I'm laughing. It's just funny because this isn't the first time I've been trolled with ponies.

That was all before I watched and liked the show.
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    Ilriyas and Lynx down. Who's next?
    Cola is overdue.

Cola + Diamond Tiara.
  • More like Cola x Spike in a Twilight costume. That'll teach him.
    Actually I've got something I've been working on, if I can find the time to finish it I'll put it up. (Kill two birds with one stone)
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek IREEELAND Icrontian
    Curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on this thread...

>mfw
    edited Jan 2012
    ...fuck my stuff looks like shit compared to yours mate, course I'm just happy I could get it done...maybe if I took more than half an hour...

ah well here we go.

Move aside Big Macintosh, there's a new stallion in Ponyville and his name is.

JOHNNY BRAVO

"Oh come on you've got to be kidding me? That's the best you can do?"

For now Johnny...it kind of is.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited Jan 2012
    Don't mind me, just drawing ponies before it was cool.
  • I like that sex-slave, leg chained look you got going.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    Curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on this thread...

>mfw
    After hearing the convo in TF2, I thought this would be much worse. Still a bad idea, but nothing near what my curiosity was expecting. Continuing ignorance of ponies in 3 ... 2 ... 1
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I like that sex-slave, leg chained look you got going.
    That IS NOT what that is. Thanks for turning it into something weird. :shake:
  • Happy Valentines Day everyone! =D

You are actually creeping me out now.
  • Thanks, that is the point of all this.
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    edited Feb 2012
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Virginia...The Northern part Icrontian
    looks like I'll have to contribute something, now that it's gotten weird and all...
  • Alright, I've been unable to get Cola's second version anywhere near my minimum acceptance level, need something else to draw to clear my tard-ness right now. Somebody give me a suggestion =D
    Eh, draw something with handsome Ilriyas again I can't get my idea to work on paper quite yet.
    edited Feb 2012
    So I've decided to never touch digital art until I can get my hands on a tablet. I've been working with Paint Tool SAI for the better part of an hour now the interface is nice and intuitive (And I love having separate layers so that I don't need to worry about ugly erase lines) but without a pencil or pen in my hand I just cant get the lines to work the way I want them to. A mouse just doesn't offer enough control.

(My whole reason for trying SAI was so that I could access a colour palette and create a nice drawing in something other than monochrome.)
    really you can't do digital art without a tablet of some sort, it helps so much.
    Yeah, after 2 hours of not being able to do more than sketch lines (No matter how low I put my mouse's dpi or how much pressure I applied I couldn't get it to draw lines that didn't fly across the page or go off on weird angles) I realized that the reason all the youtube videos (and the Deviantart artists) say to use a tablet is specifically because unless you want to pour 4 extra hours into doing it with a mouse (The outcome I'd be willing to bet would still be worse) then its the best thing. On that note any tablets you'd recommend for digital art?
    edited Feb 2012
    Wacom seems to be the main supplier. I would say grab one that has an interactive area that you would feel good drawing with. The one I have has a drawing area of 4inx6in. My hand is bigger then this so it is kinda meh, but it's not a deal breaker. Specially since the area can be adjusted screen wise. Say I'm at the top right corner of the drawing area, the pointer should be at the top right of the screen or the boundary I set on the screen.
    Get a Wacom Bamboo. It'll do everything you need. And definitely do not go for the smallest size. You'll feel encumbered.