ICMC: ICTown and Build Plot Requests

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Eh with the farm plot I don't think I'll need an industrial, I'll grab D10 Residential if possible.

EDIT: Sorry that I had to dip only 2 hours in...brother was getting impatient and until I get my own comp I do have to share.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    c2
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    C3 then, near the action.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The Mitey Worriers have chosen their outlands shared plot, 500x500 is a lot bigger than we thought it was. this gives up plenty of room to goof off.

We decided on a bay, and it's majority ocean, centered on 650, -75

The corners of our plot are
    900, -325
    900, 175
    400, 175
    400, -325

We're currently building some cairns to help us visualize. Will remove them if plot is not approved. :)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I'll look into that CB. It will be a lot easier once I see the overhead map.

I've got everyone assigned that has posted here.

-Digi
    Zanthian made a great find while out clearing, a skele spawner. I blocked it off and then had to figure out how to fit a grinder right between two plots. Well I was just out there exploring the possibilities and a creeper made our decision for us. Blew up right next to the spawner and took it out. This is a crappy loss but I'm sure we will find many more spawners.

-Digi
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Aww, that is a shame. It was pretty close. The danger level does seem up a bit just starting out again. Like you said, we will find more.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    My wife would like to start playing with us on the server, actually.

If there's no objections, I'd like to claim her a residential plot at D1 if it's availible, right next to mine.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I've found an area I like for my large outlands area, I'd like to request:

632, 744
    632, 1244
    1132, 744
    1132, 1244

I'll be scouting out more of the area as time goes on, please tell me if there's anything wrong/issueish.
  • I'll take B3
    edited February 2012
    My wife would like to start playing with us on the server, actually.

If there's no objections, I'd like to claim her a residential plot at D1 if it's availible, right next to mine.
    No problem. Get me her username and I'll make sure she gets on the build list.
    I'll take B3
    You got it.

-Digi
    edited February 2012
    Now that we have a map, here's a visual of the proposed MW plot, and it's position relative to spawn.

We're fully willing to choose a subset of this plot if you suddenly realize that 500x500 is hugangus. ;)

• A3. Ya...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If anyone needs the Minecraft badge and doesn't have it yet, let me know.
    edited February 2012
    Now that we have a map, here's a visual of the proposed MW plot, and it's position relative to spawn.

We're fully willing to choose a subset of this plot if you suddenly realize that 500x500 is hugangus. ;)
    If 500x500 is what you want, then that is what you get :-D. Would you guys be open to shifting it slightly so that it is centered on the spawn plot?

-Digi

If 500x500 is what you want, then that is what you get :-D. Would you guys be open to shifting it slightly so that it is centered on the spawn plot?

-Digi
    You mean just shift it North so that the center lines up with the center of spawn?
    I'll talk to the guys about it, but do we really want all the plots to line up in nice square blocks, anyway? I figured it would be preferred to have a bit less uniformity, so there'd be some odd shaped spaces between outland plots...

edited February 2012
    I figured it would be preferred to have a bit less uniformity, so there'd be some odd shaped spaces between outland plots...
    Point taken, let's roll with it.

Both of the bellow are approved. Just make sure there is a clean way to get to your places. Branch off of the main 4 center roads so visitors can come see your creations.
    I'd like to request:

632, 744
    632, 1244
    1132, 744
    1132, 1244
    We decided on a bay, and it's majority ocean, centered on 650, -75

The corners of our plot are
    900, -325
    900, 175
    400, 175
    400, -325

Also updated availability and added current layout to OP.

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Tyvm Digi, and roads shouldn't be a problem once I get to building.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I know I said that I didn't want an industrial plot because I'd feel bad for taking more potential space from someone else on the server and I know that I will anyways but I've got a few ideas for buildings and the like that I simply cant fit into the residential build space.

So if it's alright with everyone else I'd like to request Industrial H10 (I'm also willing to share the space with other people if we can work out a division of sorts)
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    ...but do we really want all the plots to line up in nice square blocks, anyway?...
    But... but.. this is MINECRAFT!

So if it's alright with everyone else I'd like to request Industrial H10 (I'm also willing to share the space with other people if we can work out a division of sorts)
    You got it. Also sharing plots is perfectly fine if all parties involved agree to the layout. In this example H10 is your plot to do as you wish so you have final word on anything that happens within that plot.

I am also assigning myself an industrial plot G6. Now.. nana.. now I'm feeling so fly... like a G6.

-Digi
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I'd like to claim the island I built the road out too:

-450, -125
    -450, -25
    -575, -125
    -575, -25
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I wouldn't mind taking A1 or pretty much any other residential slot along the main N/S road.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Do we plan to grow the town industrial area any further than H, or will this be the limit? the reason I ask is that if we don't plan to expand the industrial plots further into the sea, I'd like to exchange my "G" column industrial for the "H" instead, so that I might build on ocean-front property. If we intend to expand into the sea, I'm fine with the current Industrial plot.
    Couple clarifications needed:

Depth restrictions are counted from sea-level, I assume, but does the floor of the lowest level count or will that be safe on the 6th row of blocks below sea-level for residential? Also: What's going down there? sewers?

What does 'must be a house' mean?
    I wouldn't mind taking A1 or pretty much any other residential slot along the main N/S road.
    Welcome to Icrontic d3k0y. How did you come across our community?
    Do we plan to grow the town industrial area any further than H, or will this be the limit? the reason I ask is that if we don't plan to expand the industrial plots further into the sea, I'd like to exchange my "G" column industrial for the "H" instead, so that I might build on ocean-front property. If we intend to expand into the sea, I'm fine with the current Industrial plot.
    There is no plan to expand the plots back. There expansion plots are out to either side. Did you have a particular H plot in mind?
    Couple clarifications needed:

Depth restrictions are counted from sea-level, I assume, but does the floor of the lowest level count or will that be safe on the 6th row of blocks below sea-level for residential? Also: What's going down there? sewers?

What does 'must be a house' mean?
    The listed amount of space is your building space. For example you have 5 blocks below sea level on a residential plot. The 6th level just needs to be solid.

Bellow the roads will be a sub road 5x5 below the road (6th again being solid). The 2 walls being solid barriers between plots and subroad. Below all that will be a strip mine for gathering materials for community builds.

A house. It must be a dwelling/building. For example Jimmy's cactus X is unacceptable, if he doesn't build a structure in the next week or so I will have a discussion with him about it as a cactus farm should be placed in the Farming quadrant. A lot of plots are in the "resource generation and gathering" state currently so I'm giving it some time to develop. The residential plots should eventually look like a neighborhood.

-Digi

• There is no plan to expand the plots back. There expansion plots are out to either side. Did you have a particular H plot in mind?
    If my current plot is called "G3" then I suppose "H3" is my preference; the one directly adjacent to my current plot as you move toward the ocean.

If CrazyJoe is interested and hasn't developed anything on his industrial plot yet, I'd also suggest he move into my current industrial plot as I move toward the sea.

Thanks Bobby!
  • Bellow the roads will be a sub road 5x5 below the road (6th again being solid). The 2 walls being solid barriers between plots and subroad.
    Is the IC subway going to run through these tunnels as well?
    Is the IC subway going to run through these tunnels as well?
    If there is to be a subway, yes :)

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    The outlands section reads a little funny to me. The only thing you can build out of town is a small hut UNTIL you claim the land and then you build anything you want and you have that area from bedrock to sky limit?
This discussion has been closed.