[BLOG] MySpace music relauches right

jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
blog_attachment.php?attachmentid=1&stc=1&d=1223516789

So last week MySpace "relaunched" their Music part of the site. They have always given artists and bands their own page with the ability to upload some songs but this time around they actually made it useful.

Artists are now able to upload their songs, sort them by album and playlists, and let people buy the tracks right from their MySpace page.

What does this mean? Well it means instead of putting up 3 or 4 songs just to keep their MySpace audience happy many artists are now uploading full albums - some even their entire discography.

They now have two ways of making some green. MySpace pays them a small amount for each song played and listeners can buy the songs directly off of their page.

I could really care less if the artist gets $0.0005 from each song played. What I care about is I can now listen to full albums of Jimmy Eat World and Flogging Molly while I am at work - away from my MP3 stash.

Not all artists are cool enough to put up full albums on their MySpace page, or perhaps they just haven't "got around" to it yet. However, about 2/3 of the bands I enjoy have so it seems to be catching on.

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Oh! This sounds great. I've always wished that there were more songs on myspace for people, since it was their one feature that I liked.