[BLOG] Oh my, how times change

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I miss back early in the days before I even joined Icrontic having no money but managing to pull new computer parts from thin pockets. Overclocking, cooling, overclocking some more and playing but rarely finishing new and interesting games. Skipping highschool to continue on in Diablo II, stringing up Ethernet from my XBOX out my apartment window to the XBOX in my downstairs neighbors XBOX and yet another nearly blocking an unknowing neighbors front door for days on so we can partner up in some Halo action.

At first not caring about not having money becuase I owed none. But then slowly came the credit cards and then student loans with even more credit cards. My own fault for letting the computer addiction swell into debt, yet working itself out in another way after selling off what I had left in computer parts to pay the bills and now I am left with a 3 year old laptop that's my workhorse, haven't upgraded a computer since God knows when. Normally working 16 hour days in a salary job I can't stand, but can't quit and no time to look for something new. Knowledge dwindling as technology has past me up and now even left for several months without internet access in my own home.

I haven't been active for quite some time, and this is pretty much why. I miss the days of old posting worthless threads and replies but also helping those in need with not so worthless of a post or reply on occasion. I miss you guys, I miss bitching and getting pissed at certain folks whom probably can kick my butt in a verbal fight(but I'll never doubt the "barbaric" version putting money on me:p).

This year I made a vow to myself to get into proper shape; like millions of others; but also to pay off a certain chunk of this debt which includes all credit card debt plus one student loan. By summer I should be asking for your help in building myself a new computer from money I'll have saved as I am using my jobs ridiculous hours to prevent myself from buying needless things. Buying foods I can easily eat at work vs. buying fast food which helps the pockets and my waist.

The one thing I can think of not missing from back in the days is the 360lbs weight I once had and am now looking at a slimmer 270lbs currently while looking ahead at the 240lbs goal that I think will put me in the "lookin good" category.

First blog, ever.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    We still love ya! ;)
    Yes, the old days are certainly gone for most. But the future looms bigger than ever and we need to at least keep a toe in the water. I recently got back into things after a series of personal trials and tribulations. It felt strange and even a bit overwhelming at first but it is all coming back to me as well as learning the new.

Keep up the good work of loosing weight, as our health is our biggest personal resource!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    The old days are gone but the people from those days are still here! Chatting on AIM for hours about random crap was never so fun!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    I have missed seeing "RWB" posts. Well, I've missed RWB the person! Thanks for checking in. The weight and debt may be embarrassing, but take pride in yourself for recognizing the problems and taking positive steps to fix them. Make sure that the 'fixes' are lifestyle changes, so that you don't have to revisit the mess.

Stick around and be active in the community again! We are here to help.

Don't worry about getting behind in tech knowledge. That's very minor compared to your physical and financial health. When the health is back on track, we'll see to it you are back to speed (pun intended) with tech. First things first.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Family never goes away, man. We're always gonna be here :)