[BLOG] Napping at work...

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
You know, I have always been a "napper" in that I can drift into slumber at a stop light. I have fond memories taking summer naps as a kid. The shades pulled down most of the way, the afternoon breeze billowing the curtains, the faint sound of someone mowing their grass... ahhhh...

Those days, naps were a method to allow me survive an evening. Without a nap, I was bound to get cranky or hyper and lose my life to one of my parents wraith. For me, I liked the the smells, the breeze, the dim light, and time to think of all the fun I would have when I woke up....

Flash forward... Now I look forward to naps because I just cannot get enough quality sleep in my hectic life. Sometime I can arrange for 7 or even 8 hrs of sleep but they are far outweighed by the 5 or 6 hours and not to mention the occasional 4 hour nights due to the kids.

Last night, I was ready for bed by 10 but no where READY to go to bed. I had chores to do, emails to send, and then I could lay my head down. 11:30 pm and I was finally in bed... and 6:00 am alarm clock was upon me. From that moment, I looked forward to taking a nap. At 12:15 pm, I was finally able to go to my napping place at work, my car. I sent my phone to wake me at 1:00 and started my "nite-nite music" (Kitaro's Tun Huang - Silk Road 3). There would be no shades drawn, no sounds of the old neighborhood, just the light breeze from the cracked car windows. 1:00 arrived and I was re-energized for a while. Not the best nap but better than nothing.

For those that do not nap, I wish you had the childhood memories that I have or you'd nap. For those that nap still... Today I reminisce the days of being a kid and taking a nap.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect
    hands Q milk and cookies :D
    Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    hands Q milk and cookies :D