[BLOG] My G1 renewed

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I've had my G1 since they second week they were out, but I never really got any accessories. I bought a hard armor cover to protect it, but it was just a cheap temporary thing until some really cool stuff would come out or I had money.

I love my G1, I use it just as much as my laptop if not more because I am always out and about and not home much. So ease of use with a keyboard or touch pad is a must and now with the Cupcake update it's just a whole new realm of ease. The default browser allows video downloads much more easily, it now has copy/paste functions that I've already gotten used to doing just as easily as I can on a laptop; in some ways easier. There's of course many enhancements that have made me fall in love with it all over again.

Alas, that cover is all I ever got for it. But now I have my virtual shopping cart handy with some things that should serve me well. An obvious thing is a 16GB class 6 MicroSDHC card to replace my old 2GB card. I want to put more music and more shows/movies on my phone. I also use the phone as a flash drive so that extra space will be put to good use and quickly.

But more with more music and movies being watched I'll definitely be having battery problems. I've already made the habit of charging the phone every time I get into my truck many times a day and it works. I want better though and something around 125% better. The Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery will do. The default battery is only 1150 mAh, so we have a nice increase. The battery comes with it's own battery cover to replace the deault one due to the physical size increase. It would appear in the images to be as fat as my phone is now with the armor cover on it, so I have no problem with that I think it fits better in my hands this way.

So now that I have extra storage and battery life I can't see what else I could want. But the problem is that now my phone will be naked. The armor won't fit on it if the battery cover is going to be bigger, or it'll be half naked at best. Unfortunatly I cannot find a hard armor cover that fits, most accessories like that are designed for the normal phone and not to work with third party add-on's.

So I'm going a little fancier with a leather case designed for the normal G1. The Krusell Orbit Flex Case is my choice.I am risking a bit with this as I am not 100% sure the leather will give enough to let me. But reviews on the battery claim the new size is not as big as the images appear. So I feel confident this will be OK. I like this case as it looks professional and I like to at least pretend to look professional at work. It also has another bonus which is that Krusell also makes a car mount that works with their products built-in clips. That will be nice to have as I can watch a movie while I am waiting for people to show up at a location for work, or when I am going down the beltway at 80MPH.

Since I am spending money at this point might as well go for gold. I need a good set of bluetooth stereo headphones. Need becuase I just want them. I wanna be like all the cool people out their with the little bug on their ear. Except instead of one, I can have two ears full with the Jaybird Bluetooth Stereo Headset. It had me at sweat proof.

Though I can imagine that when I get all these cool gadgets for my G1 I'll then wish I had a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. But I don't think the G1 supports that, yet.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Nice upgrades!

Let me know how large the extended battery really is, and how the case works out for it.

I have te excellent body glove cover on my G1. It's got a great grippy feel that doesn't attract dust and such. It comes with a belt clip, but it's kind of crappy and leaves the totally exposed.

I'm a big face of belt clips that surround the phone and make them easily accessible. I've been looking for one I can use with my G1 AND the Bodyglove attatched, but no luck yet. The hunt continues.