[BLOG] Computer Plans into next year

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
The system I have is pretty good for what I need and unfortunatly I only browse for short spurts during weekdays and WoW now when I'm not fishing, sleeping, or fishing on the weekends. Which is great because as much as I hate my job the more I work the less I spend if I manage to pack a lunch and keep it cool long enough. Once the debt is gone(I love looking at my CC statements now! Except the max limits keep lowering....) I can quit this job and with the other RL changes I can afford a lesser paying but NORMAL ^%*&kin JOB! And yes even though I don't make much I will gladly, promptly, and potentially rudely to my current..... err better stop there. Anyways, things can be worse I am great with money now and tend to make wiser choices in purchases now all around and getting better.

But we all have our vices. Mine is the desire to GAME.. not like I used to I have more RL things that matter more to me like fishing ;p but definitly more up to date. IE: I haven't ever even seen someone play Crysis in person let alone play it myself and I've wanted to but didn't feel I could experience it on any machine I have had thus far. This brings me to my plan so far.

It started with the recent question on what card I should get and then even shorter still the news that a school district is planning a major tech upgrade so I'm going to be busy, real busy... for a while..... so I changed plans and decided to wait on the card but I the system needs to it just doesn't feel like it's been fully built yet... missing some front panels on the case, PSU is 20 pin and not 24 pin(iirc or something else), I only have a $5 pair of headphones from CVS for audio! Those kind of things.

So I did some minor searching and came to the conclusion that I liked the Logitech Z-540 set for $97 to my door by the end of this week. I want to keep with the trend of buying parts that don't outdate for long periods of time and will buy a UPS with AVR for battery and better power regulation, and then a high effeciency OCZ PSU that nice 700 I've seen recomended several times likely. These 3 things will keep me busy till my debt is cleared enough to start the next phase but other smaller things will be done as well budget pending.

The next phase will be that eyefinity with 5 glorious screens! But I've typed enough with this G1 and think I can finally pass out from this crazy day... I'll spare you the details on that on though haha.

Comments

• As far as your graphics card goes, you should wait to buy that last, right before you are going to build because that is the part that depreciates in value the fastest.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    I planned on buying that about the time I planned on buying 5 LCD's :)