The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    I thought it was odd. I don't have any ad blocking on at this point either.

Here's the (general) HTML output:

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    The entire left panel does not show up for me on my phone browser. I can only see the feature articles, I cannot click on categories to see all threads, start a new discussion or anything.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The entire left panel does not show up for me on my phone browser. I can only see the feature articles, I cannot click on categories to see all threads, start a new discussion or anything.
    Same here: Android, Default browser.

-Digi
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Looks like there's a tiny glitch here.. Firefox browser, 1080p display. Shows up when editing your post. Cache cleared and site updated before screenshot.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Same here: Android, Default browser.

-Digi
    Yep, Default Android Browser on my Sprint Galaxy Epic I
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    irc page is messed up
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The announcement box covers up the "Mark all as Read" link. Sadboat.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    The announcement box covers up the "Mark all as Read" link. Sadboat.
    Hover over the announcement, there is an X in the top right corner, close it and use the "Mark all viewed" link.

You're Welcome.

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    That's what I did, but I'm guessing it's not supposed to work that way - is it?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    No, faulty CSS.
  • I'm sorry if this has already been suggested .. but maybe we can ditch the all categories page and instead just list the categories in the left hand column?

Or are there ads in the left hand column that I don't see because I'm a subscriber?

People can't find stuff because they don't always think to click all categories and when they do that page is awfully overwhelming with way too much information that blends together to the point of making it hard to differentiate.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Some tiering might be nice, too - for instance, having individual game subfora delineated underneath the main video games forum, the main board/card/dice games forum, etc. Agreed a bit that the categories page seems just a tad disorganized.
    Couple Things:

*Threads I start do not show up in 'Participated' unless I have further replied in the thread

*Could be a perms thing but I am unable to 'Announce' from inside a thread on the Minecraft forum. I can click the gear and select Announce and then "in Minecraft" and all looks good, but it does not set it as an announcement. If I announce it from the Minecraft forum Category index then it is set as an announcement.

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Since the most recent update, if I take longer than a few minutes to compose a new discussion, I get a red banner which says "you do not have permission to start new discussions in this category" or something very similar. I have to reload the page, and it goes away, but comes back in a few minutes. While it's up, the 'start 'discussion' button is disabled.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Some layout notes and problems specifically on the mobile view of the site (since I've been checking the site on my phone at Penguicon)

* There's a lot of whitespace on the left side of the main page (whitespace on mobile layout is EVVVIIILLLLL)
    * There are no breadcrumbs (that I could find) on the view discussion page
    * There is no link to "Discussions" anywhere
    * I could find no way to access my Bookmarks or the Categories page
    Fixed the sidebar to:
    - display "All Discussions" when in a discussion or on Featured page
    - show "Bookmarked" discussions whenever logged in
    - show "Who's Online" only on discussions list & categories page
    Oh hell, let's make it interesting. Added scoreboards to the sidebar too.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    what do they score? number of cheevos?
    Each achievement has points attached, so point total from achievements.
  • Need. More. Points.

Must. Beat. @fatcat.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    I don't think the totals are being calculated accurately for some (and by that I mean me, and by that I mean I want the top of the scoreboard, and I'm pretty sure it should actually be me. Unless ninja is worth 100 points or something.).
    WTB extended scoreboard

-Digi
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    It's cool I guess, I just wish we could have the categories on the left hand side. The last thing that seems needed is more of All Discussions, but thanks for continuing work on it Lincoln. I know my wants aren't the same as everyone's and more importantly your own.

Time to start requesting badges.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Need. More. Points.

Must. Beat. @fatcat.
    you're only 6 badges away from me, I think..

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Ninja actually is worth 100pts.

I have a feeling I'm going to just have the "badges" page up all day.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Also: We changed ad providers; if the ads seem strange to you, that's why. It's a burn-in period.
    @PirateNinja If I listed the categories in the left column, it would go on forever. I need to condense the categories first somehow.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    As a note I can now see All Discussion list in the left hand column. Whatever voodoo you did brought it back @Lincoln
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

where is the "request badges" page?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

where is the "request badges" page?
    I imagine he meant the awarding badges page. There is not a request badges/view available badges page up yet.