The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The list is broken right now.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Dark theme at least has recently started forgetting how many new posts there are:

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I've seen that too, @Snarkasm, but I think it is a design feature. See, it seems to say "new" if it is a thread you haven't checked out already, regardless of the amount of posts. If you haven't read the original post in a thread, it'll say just "new". I think.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    light theme says the same.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I thought about @Jokke's explanation earlier as well; if that IS the case, I think it just needs to be a little more different. Capitalize the N or something. Truncating the numbers just makes it look like something's broken, to me.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    It does indeed only say "new" if you've never read the discussion
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Are smilies in an OP borked, or permissions for them?

I started a thread and chose smilies from the picker, but see the code instead of the smilies in my post as OPer of "Happy Early Birthday, Brian!" thread. :(
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Current issues with Icrontic:

1) Dark theme doesn't work on articles. The white background hurts my eyes. Maybe I'm just getting old.

2) If you click on the categories link, you see a lot of dead space. I'd like to see previews of the most recent posts in that category. Personal preference, but I think this would help with some of the navigation issues. See pic attached.

3) Navigation is hard. I'm having trouble putting my finger on this. The only way I can navigate to a specific thread is if I know the category. This is not true for newer posts that have drifted down on the "all discussions" page. I find myself navigating based on a person's avatar... so if that changes I'm screwed.

I think something that might really help is lining up all the meta-data for the list of threads in all discussions and shortening the names of threads to it all fits nicely. See other attached picture.
    edited June 2012
    New feature: Badges list (with top 100 scoreboard)

Will get added to the navigation once I've done a little more work to it and feel comfortable about how it's put together (i.e. debugged).
  • No idea what's causing this, but this is what I see on the "All Discussions" page at the moment. Running Chrome on Windows 7, have never seen this happen before: image
    Clear your cache / refresh a bunch.
  • ctrl-f5?
    pragtastic
  • I had actually done that before reporting it :P

It seems to have gone away now though. So *shrug*
  • It seems to have gone away now though.
    Ninja fix!
    pragtastic
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Should I be able to see this?
    edited July 2012
    I do see something like that on bottom of main All Discussions page that and see this:
    Debug Trace
    Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
    Info

Comment.Page.50.96046.1: array (
    0 => '2012-07-03 04:18:09',
    )
    after the cooment stuff and before the bottom line which goes:

Icrontic > All Discussions > ....

on the thread display pages.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I also appear to have the ability to set and dismiss threads as announcements, only reason I know this is because I saw a gear hovering at the side of the 'Icrontic Pony Streams' discussion and saw that I had the ability to do so.

Accidental partial moderator status?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I'm guessing @Lincoln was playing with code last night and suddenly fell asleep at his desk. This is not an odd occurrence.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I also appear to have the ability to set and dismiss threads as announcements, only reason I know this is because I saw a gear hovering at the side of the 'Icrontic Pony Streams' discussion and saw that I had the ability to do so.

Accidental partial moderator status?
    Yeah I have the same thing.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    It might be nice to have a "clear all notifications" button. Or at least not have to click "yes i want to do this" after you x-out a notification.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    Did you tweak the way threads are updated? All day I've been seeing threads with new responses that are "behind" in my All Discussions page. I'm also seeing notifications for threads I've already cleared (the ones in the screenie below) and I'm also seeing comments with the wrong time, so it appears that they made a comment, then I get threaded in before them.

EDIT: he explained it here

Screenie:
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    I don't think my Titles are working. I just say member.
    Bump.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    @Lincoln: I know you hate managing multiple themes, but couldn't you just change the dark theme blockquote style to match the "UserQuote" tag, so all dark theme blockquotes get that style applied? Simple fix and it would make blockquotes actually readable for those of us that don't like looking at eyeball meltingly white pages.
    Sidebar works on mobile front page now.
    Smilies work in OP again.
    Smilies work in front page comments now.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    Sidebar works on mobile front page now.
    I...I... [tear] Thank you!

-Digi

Smilies work in OP again.
    Thank you!

• LincLinc
    wonders if the /me action is working
    Owner Detroit Icrontian
    wonders if the /me action is working