If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

The League of Extraordinary Icrontians season two

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Mountains Icrontian
    anyways i ain't gone forever, it could all be just a bunch of drunk promises...
    You all know I got nothing but love, and if you don't know, now you know.
  • lmorchardlmorchard Livonia, MI Icrontian
    If he goes Soldier he won't stand a chance against my awesome Pyro airblasting skills.
    You mean there's more to being a pyro than just running around setting everything on fire, giggling like a maniac, and dying messily and repeatedly? Because that's all I ever do
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I suppose I just like lighting things on fire. (By the way if ever there's an IC camping trip or something don't let me near a campfire with liquid propane it's beautiful and incredibly deadly)
  • oni_delsoni_dels M.I.A. Icrontian
    If he goes Soldier he won't stand a chance against my awesome Pyro airblasting skills.

You mean there's more to being a pyro than just running around setting everything on fire, giggling like a maniac, and dying messily and repeatedly? Because that's all I ever do
    I suppose I just like lighting things on fire. (By the way if ever there's an IC camping trip or something don't let me near a campfire with liquid propane it's beautiful and incredibly deadly)
    i pretty much just play with deflect, or i kill will the shotgun/melee.
    once you manage to do this you know you've master the airblast:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect HumanGarbageDisposal Detroit, MI Icrontian

lmorchard.jpg
    1107 x 644 - 58K
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I dunno, I think the only reason people are getting up in arms about all of this is the way LOEI went last night is no different than it ever has. The server is always loud, the names are always silly, and everyone is always laughing. It's one of the reasons all-talk has been enabled on our server for years. If we were truly concerned with hardcore tactics in this game, that wouldn't be enabled. We have it because it's a community experience where people hang out and have a great time together.

This isn't the first time the TF2 players have met the core Icrontians. The names of those playing last night were all familiar, so none of this should be surprising to anyone.

I dunno, I think the only reason people are getting up in arms about all of this is the way LOEI went last night is no different than it ever has. The server is always loud, the names are always silly, and everyone is always laughing. It's one of the reasons all-talk has been enabled on our server for years. If we were truly concerned with hardcore tactics in this game, that wouldn't be enabled. We have it because it's a community experience where people hang out and have a great time together.

This isn't the first time the TF2 players have met the core Icrontians. The names of those playing last night were all familiar, so none of this should be surprising to anyone.

i've been playing every tuesday since i joined (which is only last december), believe me this is the first time (this year) it get THAT MUCH out of control. i do enjoy the comunnity, this is why i'm here, but yeah i guess i just have no patience when i'm sober
    Completely understandable, you have to be in the mood. I had a meh day a while back and tried to watch a pony stream sober. I just couldn't get in to it and I bailed after 20 minutes. But I was back a few weeks later and had a blast (also sober) because I was in the mood for it.

It's all good, we all have days when we are in the mood for shenanigans, and days where we just want to relax and not deal with the shens.

I think all of us know there will always be a risk of Icrontic getting kind of crazy, and nobody should be bothered if someone just isn't in the mood. At the same time, we should also recognize that Icrontic gatherings can range from calm and quiet up to mad house and predicting when and where the level is going to be is pretty hard. So I wouldn't just up and quit Tuesday nights, nor would I up and jump down someone's throat for not getting in to it.

tldr; no need to read what I posted :)

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Dewmander Misery Icrontian
    I think what we really need to take away from all of this:

1.) Eli's ass

2.) Trolls

3.) Eli's ass

4.) image ?
  • Wow. It looks like I missed a lot last night. So much drama. I feel like prime has taken the roll of snackman in these shenanigans:
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    I chuckled thoroughly at that video.
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Last night was a much needed reunion for me... With the people and antics that I used to love about IC TF2. I thrive in that environment, played very well and enjoyed the craziness. Haven't done that in more than a year :)

Also, I totally claim partial credit for "U Dazzled?"
  • colacola the dick man himself Right behind you Icrontian
    To be honest last night reminded me of the reason I originally joined Icrontic, back in the day I was so happy because I'd found a server where I didn't have to play well, I could just chill and enjoy the shens. I swear I haven't laughed that hard in months, I was in tears trying to backstab people and failing because I couldn't see.
  • IlriyasIlriyas Magician, Sunbro, Grossly Incandescent Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Never let me miss LOEI again!
    Wow. It looks like I missed a lot last night. So much drama. I feel like prime has taken the roll of snackman in these shenanigans:
    Somehow, I don't think a Heavy wandering through eating a sammich would have the same effect.
    Right, they'd both be squished out of the car
  • Good times tonight:
    Those two games tonight on pl_upward were amazing. Both teams were almost perfectly matched, and momentum stalled at the last point until the very end of a long, tense battle both times.

Honestly, that was some of the best pushkart I've ever experienced :D
    Those two games tonight on pl_upward were amazing. Both teams were almost perfectly matched, and momentum stalled at the last point until the very end of a long, tense battle both times.

Honestly, that was some of the best pushkart I've ever experienced :D
    that was some intense sentry placement!

and me passed out drunk:
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    Anyone up for some Hot-N'-Nasty TF2 action tonite?!
    get the hot grease ready, I've got my panties on
    the snipers:
    the heavies:

me taunting on my friend's corpse
    Another wickedly fun game tonight.
    2012-04-12_00002.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 188K
    2012-04-12_00003.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 245K
    2012-04-12_00004.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 322K
    2012-04-12_00005.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 546K
    2012-04-12_00006.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 204K
    2012-04-12_00007.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 270K
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen Giggles Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Omfg Pragtastic and Ampersand last night...SO MUCH RAAAAAGE
    Screw you, Nick D-- *pow*

Damn it. Bullet in my eye, again.
    Hammertime...
    Tonight's happening. I'll be fuckin drunk. My Montréaler friends as backup. You goin down @BobbyDigi
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Awww, wish I didn't get off work @ 2:30am EDT tonight :-(
    Just remember: on Tuesdays, the server fills up with ALL Icrontians; please don't request "make room for me" kicks; we simply can't. There are more than 24 Icrontians that want to play on Tuesday nights. Just turn on Autojoin and be patient :D
    @primesuspect i'll be on before everyone else anyways... Although my gf might join so just don't kick her please!!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I'll be in early. I'll be assisting in the taking down of @bobbydigi.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    I've got a full set of Duals with @oni_dels' name on it. If he proves himself worthy, I've got a Strange Degreaser to put his name on.

Bring on the air blasts!

-Digi
    ouch, fuck yes that's basically the weapon i use the most... aight i can probably put a strange on the table for you... what's your main class @BobbyDigi ?
    Well, What I meant was I was going to name my strange degreaser after you... (I name my stranges after fellow IC players) I was under the impression you had one. Now that I know you do not, I will still battle you tonight... and make sure you get a strange degreaser no matter the outcome.

I'm always down for a good bet but most of the stranges I don't have are because they are more expensive then I would pay for a wep. You accepting my apology for coming off like a dick and showing up tonight is worth far more to me then a few refined metal.

:D

-Digi
    Well, What I meant was I was going to name my strange degreaser after you... (I name my stranges after fellow IC players) I was under the impression you had one. Now that I know you do not, I will still battle you tonight... and make sure you get a strange degreaser no matter the outcome.

I'm always down for a good bet but most of the stranges I don't have are because they are more expensive then I would pay for a wep. You accepting my apology for coming off like a dick and showing up tonight is worth far more to me then a few refined metal.

:D

-Digi
    lol fair enough, i'd love to know you have a weapon named after me! (cause this is gonna happen!)
    and yeah i don't have a strange degreaser, only basic flamethrower and axtinguisher
    (also if you do are up for a bet, i can put my hands on old Mann co. boxes so...)
    @BoddyDigi OH SHIT NO better than this: if i win i not only get my name on your weapon, you'll have to say a full sentence in french (of my choice) next LOEI
    @BoddyDigi OH SHIT NO better than this: if i win i not only get my name on your weapon, you'll have to say a full sentence in french (of my choice) next LOEI
    Vous disposez d'un accord!

-Digi

Vous disposez d'un accord!

-Digi
    it's easy to google translate for a forum, speaking it on a full server of your peers is something else...
    (i could also bring the vous-voiement rules, but that would be oh-so complicated for someone who doesn't know french so i won't be an ass)

I've sung Christmas themed TF2 songs that I wrote to a full LoEI server, No qualms here about learning French in the presence of the same audience.

-Digi
    I've sung Christmas themed TF2 songs that I wrote to a full LoEI server, No qualms here about learning French in the presence of the same audience.

-Digi
    i now love you

in a hateful way

also, not that is gonna happen, but what if you are victorious from our epic encounter?
  • This will now be called the Oni-Digi thread.
    This will now be called the Oni-Digi thread.
    ZOMG YES
    it should be LOEI/Onigi (or Digoni?)... this need to happen @primesuspect !
    I fear for tonite....
    edited Apr 2012
    I fear for tonite....

EDIT: awww @Lincoln, vanilla breaks time links into youtube videos when it does the embed. 58secs-1:10 or so is relevant
    Paging @Primesuspect, server update/restart needed
    Paging @Primesuspect, server update/restart needed
    already told him in steam chat, still isnt updated...
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Apr 2012
    awww @Lincoln, vanilla breaks time links into youtube videos when it does the embed. 58secs-1:10 or so is relevant
    It only knows how to deal with #t=123 on the end (fixt your link). I never heard of &t=1m1s as a valid format...
This discussion has been closed.