ICMC: The Restart

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

This. If you have ever built on the current world you should have no worries if you are set for the new world.
    Got it. I was afraid that you were trying to say that this was a seperate list we were to have signed up for at some point. If it's not changed from existing server, then I'm good to go. :)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Avast: Lincoln's Plot?
    Good Lord I LOL'd
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I need a plot in town somewhere. Nothing special, it just needs to be big enough to hold at least 100 cats.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I think we should reserve a specific plot for @Lincoln, anyway.

We should also build a scale model of ICHQ 2.0 somewhere in ICTown.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I think we should reserve a specific plot for @Lincoln, anyway.

We should also build a scale model of ICHQ 2.0 somewhere in ICTown.
    A. That's the plan ;)

B. That would be awesome. There are a few areas around spawn that are meant for expansion. If a group decides to take that on, it shall be done.

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I would definitely be up for helping make a representation of ICHQ 2.0... It'd be easier if we had a floor plan so if one of the locals could help out with that...
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I'm thinking about restarting, but I haven't played in ages and I have no idea what's up....

Are there any good graphics packages out right now? Back in the day I used dokucraft.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Would anyone mind if I made us an (Unofficial) Icrontic Painterly Pack? Something that we could refer folks to if they want a uniform texture pack so we can see what everyone else is seeing when they build.
    I'd have no issues with it, though these days I use the Photorealism pack, and I love it to death.
    Same here. I've been using Sphax for a while now, myself.
    I'm a default guy.

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Default ftw.
    Alright, alright. Well then, I'm gonna go ahead and just throw it up. I did my best to try and keep it mostly faithful to the default pack so that the differences in architecture and items won't be too drastic from it.

At the very least, download it and drop it in your texture packs folder.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21997693/HammyIcronticServerPainterly1-1.zip
    Initial connection test successful. New map will be generated shortly followed by further admin testing. Approximately 1/2 an hour 'til the gates are open.

-Digi
  • The world has been reset. I'm keeping a permanent (or as permanent as possible anyway) copy of the last backup for anyone that wants it.

http://minecraft.ardichoke.info/data/IC-Old.tgz
    Just a thought. Did we happen to take a map picture before we started tearing everything apart. It would be great to see the progress after the first 24 hours. It's amazing already just how much it changed between when I left at 2pm, and came back again around 5.
  • If I recall, @UPSLynx said that he was taking screenshots
    Yes, I've been taking screenshots through the day as things have progressed.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Huge props to @BobbyDigi and @ardichoke for making all this happen. They've really stepped it up and made this a great experience for everyone, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. We had a couple hiccups, but altogether it was an excellent day. Got loads accomplished. After 43,000 blocks, I'm calling it a day. Looking forward to the future of the server.

Real talk. Agreed on what @UPSKingpin said. I didn't get to play very much because I had company over this weekend, but what time I did spend playing was fantastic. You guys have really outdone yourselves this time.

Plus, I got trapped while being AFK like 20 times today. Some sort of record.
    Yeah, what you guys did for our minecraft community was brilliant. I haven't played in months due to LoL and knowing my stuff would be nuked anyways. Compared to the server wipe that occurred when I first started playing, this one seems much more friendly and planned out. Thanks a million for making this as smooth as it's been, and I'm looking forward to some minecraft Whiskey Lane in the near future.
    Dat whiskey lane is going to be hilarious. I mean heck, 20 minutes into the new server and there were already smack talk 'best pony' signs up.
    Yesterday was awesome. Thank you to everyone that showed up and helped with the settling of spawn and plots. There is still quite a bit of clearing to do but the way these guys blow through mountains I can't image that will be an issue much longer.

Turns out that most of the plots are above an ocean. Be aware of this when you go to build your basements.

Some Farmers were working on the tree farm when I was just on. Once that is going strong, wood will not be an issue. Vines and apples will also be a plenty.

The 4th quadrant we haven't talked much about. I will be making a post about that once all the plots are clear and available.

Thanks again everyone for an awesome restart!

Build on!

-Digi
    I've logged until the evening, but we should definitely get the tree farm started soon.

If anyone starts it up before I hop back on, the land still needs to be flattened, and we should certainly try to keep it orderly, and only 7 blocks high.

I've been handling a lot of underground work, myself. Won't be long before I'll be able to nab some obsidian, and then we can work on Nether planning.
    Digi, found NPC village, coords:

x: 315
    y: 73
    z: 580
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I've been at work all day have we set up the farm plots yet? I don't want to intrude onto someone's farm once I start building.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I would just like to say digi and ardi you guys have done an outstanding job getting this underway! thank you both for all your hard work. sorry I haven't been on much, all this super bowl coverage i have been doing for FOX has swamped me but i will be on tonight and my schedule will be back to normal next week. thanks again guys!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    23-18-72 zombie spawner. cave entrance on my plot but I don't know how to get back there.
    23-18-72 zombie spawner. cave entrance on my plot but I don't know how to get back there.
    Thank you! An XP farm there shall be!

Digi, found NPC village, coords:

x: 315
    y: 73
    z: 580
    Awesome. Thank you for the report. Will look into a use for it.

-Digi