ICMC: The Restart

Comments

• Ah, that's pretty much how I read it. My concern is that many of my tunnels in the old server when under other people's things (way under since most people built on the surface and I dug just above bedrock) and hooked up to some of those things as well. Since that's against the rules, I suppose I'll have to find other ways to have fun.

Thanks.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    So wait, dargon's basically talking about making underground passageways. Developing transport in a manner that allows for safe travel while not mangling above-world features is a problem? It's not like he's building stuff, just making long-range tunnels. Road-building underground.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    So wait, dargon's basically talking about making underground passageways. Developing transport in a manner that allows for safe travel while not mangling above-world features is a problem? It's not like he's building stuff, just making long-range tunnels. Road-building underground.
    If they were planned out roads, that would not be a problem. Per current rules we could assign a big plot of land for Dargon to dig around on but it sounds like he would run out of things to connect shortly after starting :-P

-Digi

• Found a skeleton spawner at -207, -1548. I constructed an XP farm on it that is fully up and running. Use either a bow to kill them, or bring splash potions of healing to wipe out all the skeletons at once (recommended way)
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    edited February 2012
    Nether Portal to Nether Portal subway connection built between Icrontic Town and so far unnamed barbarian village. Hop into Icrontic Town's nether portal, take a left out to the nether wart farm, and to your right outside the building you will see the subway entrance. Hey big boy, stop by and see us sometime!

Some features of our village you may enjoy:

--Mycelium Farm - Bring a silktouch shovel and grab some mycelium! Please bring your own dirt to replace it, though I will try to keep some stocked nearby. Obviously do not break the floating, torched mycelium blocks above the flat farm, as this is what re-fuels the dirt blocks on farm below back into more mycelium.

--2x EXP farms! - In town there is a minecart trail down to two exp grinders, one skeleton and one zombie. (entrance will be in the entrance hub building once said building is built :) ) Simply take the cart down, inside the building there, the room with the leaf floor and iron cage is the skele spawner (see CaptainMoustache's post above for how to kill them). Down the stairs behind the door labeled "Z" is the zombie spawner - stand by the fence but not too close or they will bite your face. Splash healing potions work wonders on them too, but you can punch them over the fence.

--Mushroom house brewing hut with all the fixin's

--ugly ass enchanting building with full bookshelf stock for max level enchants

--Ugly Villager point-and-laugh museum!

--Instant Flower-Creation Chamber (ask me in game to show you how it works, it's quite simple once you know what to do)

And standard crap no one cares about like animal/tree farms and homes.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Jeb tweeted that this week's Snapshot will likely come tomorrow, instead of the usual Thursday release time. In addition, he released the following information for key changes likely to be seen in the coming update:

Maximum build height has been increased to 256 (was 128)
    Empty sections of the world are not loaded into memory
    Block ids have been increased to 4096 (was 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored)
    Block ordering have been changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression
    Packets for sending chunks have been updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller)
    Biomes are saved per x/z column, which means they can be altered by tools
    Double the Build height, things are about to get crazy. Also maps are going to take up less space now too.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I have been out of this game way too long, holy cow.

Where does one dig for resources? Iron, Diamond, etc. I can't dig under my house, do I just wander out into the wilderness and wing it?
    Ark: In case you are interested, you have the ability to ship some of your items to the new world. These items will not be available the day of the reset. They will be available after spawn is settled. I will pick a place and "move" the chests over. If you want to have some of your items from the current world moved over you simply need to create a chest at current world ICTown station with your items and place a sign next to it indicating it is your "Ark" items. As time gets closer I will give you guys a heads up that I will be going on to take inventory of the chests for moving.
    Is it way too late for this to happen? If it is, no worries, was just curious.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Probably. You would have had to create a chest on the old map that Digi would then carry over at some point.

IIRC, ark chests have not been moved yet.
    Correct. Once we have a proper warehouse I will bring the arc stuff over.

Ryder: You will find wood and stone at the spawn storage area that are free to take as needed. Most crops and animal supplies can be obtained from the farming quadrant. As for mining... The under town area isn't really shaping out how I envisioned.

Mining under town: While there is still a build limit. Feel free to mine under town. I usually tell players that it should be community property so as long as you give a little then that is fine. From what I've seen there are caves and at least one ravine down there. There is also at least one dungeon turned into a grinder so be careful what you mine into.

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    @BobbyDigi if it isn't turning out how you had dreamed what were you looking for in regards to the undercity?
    I didn't want to turn everything under my plot to a big mine, just needed some iron, etc. I dug a 3x2 vertical shaft, found 22 iron, some coal and redstone. There are some spots where I dug further than the 3x2, but really that was all that was needed. Should be easy to "board up" if the design for undercity expands/changes.

Thanks.
  • Nice haul!
  • Ideally, your personal resources would come from whatever you claim in the Outlands. That's the area that you can do pretty much whatever you want with.
    Yea, I should find something in outlands, not even sure where that is HA!

Redstone deposited in the Rail donation chest.
    Regarding the Ark... I can no longer login to the old server, so I cannot prepare a chest as an Ark.

Can that be remedied?
    Regarding the Ark... I can no longer login to the old server, so I cannot prepare a chest as an Ark.

Can that be remedied?
    Sort of. I'll tell you what. We trust ya. You PM me a list of items you you would want from the old server and I will add you to the ark list and provide those items when I recreate the ark chests.
    @BobbyDigi if it isn't turning out how you had dreamed what were you looking for in regards to the undercity?
    The original idea was that all items were community property to be used for community builds and outings. To hard to track and it seems I failed to properly express that as there are mines all over the place under town now. From your guy's perspective, mine away. If you feel so inclined to donate to the community, that is always welcome. Once we figure out what to do with the underworld, we can take it from there.

-Digi

• I thought it was pretty clearly communicated... but then again, I pay more attention to this since I'm running the server =/
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Yeah, I didn't touch anything under my 5 blocks down. We have a big area reserved that we started our own group mine in. There is plenty of room out there. I think iron is the main limiting resource for tracks to be laid.
  • Yeah, I didn't touch anything under my 5 blocks down.
    Same here.

I currently have a little (and intend to find more) gold that I would like to donate to community projects, however, I don't entirely trust that if I drop it off in a community chest it will even last until an admin logs in, let alone be still around when the community project happens.

Do we have a way to handle this situation, or should I just be more trusting?

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I've personally been holding on to all of my special materials in a locked chest, once a group project shows up that will require it I will gladly dump some of my materials into the project chest. (I have almost 800 units of redstone lying in my house is there still a demand for it for making the subway?)

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    There definitely will be. Powered rails, detector rails, and door circuitry will all be needed in abundance.
    I currently have a little (and intend to find more) gold that I would like to donate to community projects, however, I don't entirely trust that if I drop it off in a community chest it will even last until an admin logs in, let alone be still around when the community project happens.

Do we have a way to handle this situation, or should I just be more trusting?

I am all powerful. No one steals from my community and gets away with it. Seriously though, I have the ability to see the history of any given chest. I check the donation box often and if I see anything going out of the chest by any non Rail Engis then I will be having a discussion about it with that player.

-Digi
  • Cool. Where's the donation box located?
    In the main spawn area just before the colored area with ALL THE THING.... chests.
  • Perfect, thanks. That helped me locate it on the map by the signage.
  • Donation chests can be set up, btw: https://github.com/Hidendra/LWC/issues/138

I can investigate this more later, or other people could play with it and report back.
  • If they were planned out roads, that would not be a problem. Per current rules we could assign a big plot of land for Dargon to dig around on but it sounds like he would run out of things to connect shortly after starting
    Who says there has to be things to connect in order for there to be planned tunnel-roads? On the previous version, I had a long tunnel headed out into the wilderness that was intended to provide access for those who wanted to get away from it all without having to hide in shacks from creepers during the day. If there was something to connect to I connected to it. Otherwise it just ran straight.
    Who says there has to be things to connect in order for there to be planned tunnel-roads? On the previous version, I had a long tunnel headed out into the wilderness that was intended to provide access for those who wanted to get away from it all without having to hide in shacks from creepers during the day. If there was something to connect to I connected to it. Otherwise it just ran straight.
    We have these roads that you speak of. They go straight out from spawn in each cardinal direction.

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Except the ones she speaks of aren't necessarily spawn-centric, and they're underground.