Icrontic EVE Discussion

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I was told that the Alliance at the moment was kind of frowning apon the idea of folks dropping from corp to escape wardec right now.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    The mercenary alliance just dropped their dec. The original (don't name names) corp is still at war but I think this may be a semi-green light for Operation GIT YO SHIT AND GIT OUT. Dropping alliance/corp during a war is frowned upon, yes, as it gives, in some small way, a victory to the enemy side. But in the case of new players I think it might be the exception to the rule as they shouldn't have to put up with that crap - they haven't had the chance to get to know the game, and its tough enough without being almost forced to station spin for days, if not weeks at a time.
    So in general, yes, dropping corp during a war is bad, but the war is beginning to tip towards us and I'd still make an exception for new players :p
    Both wardecs have been dropped. Stay tuned for updates.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Dropping alliance/corp during a war is frowned upon, yes, as it gives, in some small way, a victory to the enemy side.
    SLOPE FOR THE SLOPE THRONE
    edited April 2012
    *completely loses the reference*
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Slope is what you get when you graph the player numbers of a corp. When people bail from the crop, the graph trends downward, creating a sloped line. If the pressures of war are great enough, you'll destroy a corp just by making its members bail.
    Slope is what you get when you graph the player numbers of a corp. When people bail from the crop, the graph trends downward, creating a sloped line. If the pressures of war are great enough, you'll destroy a corp just by making its members bail.
    This, also, there's a long-running meme in certain corners of the Internet (and in TEST Alliance, BEST Alliance) of saying "X for the X throne" whenever you are acquiring something desirable. In the case of corp warfare, where the goal is to destroy the other corp/alliance, the desirable thing is to make them slope. Thus, SLOPE FOR THE SLOPE THRONE.
    Yes. X for the X throne comes from Warhammer. The call of "Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!" is a reference to the Chaos God Khorne in the Warhammer universe.

Knowing is half the battle.
  • I will throw you the invite email if you send me theto email address you wish to use.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I will throw you the invite email if you send me theto email address you wish to use.
    I think haru and/or ardi took care of invites unless I missed someone. Feel free to add your info over here
    I iz recruitment director :p
  • I don't wish to step on your toes. Lol but if I don't mind helping out
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Another war dec? Seriously?
    Yeah. This one's just random russians out for kills. We're moving anybody that isn't likely to die into the WH. Miners and industrialists more than welcome.
    Another war dec? Seriously?
    It's a fact of life. Just gotta live with it. The corp/alliance I'm in gets multiple wardecs per day. The bigger your corp or alliance is, the more you'll get just from people that want easy hi-sec kills.
  • That or with the broken cash flow it has no effect on the piggy bank. If someone feels like you have stepped on there turf, done something to upset them, or its a day that ends in Y ; you get dec-ed. I use to run a mining fleet that would strip four or five systems just to taunt industrials into a dec or starve position.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    And I'm sure it's great fun when you're all trained up and you have your nice shiny good ships. Meanwhile, for people like me that just started, I'm essentially restricted to quarters. I started this game 3 weeks ago. I think I have less than 36 total hours in game. It's a blast.
  • War decs cause one of two things in young players.... endless fustration or reckless behavior. The latter being more fun
    I'll talk to Zar, see if there's anything we can do this time round
    I've been doing missions anyways, but I'm not going near major hubs and not using autopilot :/
    Yeah, as long as you watch Local chat like a HAWK and play sensibly you can probably carry on as normal provided you avoid crowded places and always pay attention - if you're in a frigate/cruiser you'll likely have time to dock up if you see hostiles appear in local. If you're a miner please contact me in game, we have a job for you and you'll be safe from the wardec.
    Probably.
    I'll put the guys in this wardec on as contacts and watchlist when i get on later. I'll be gone this weekend (assuming the dec lasts that long) so that'll be easy to get through.
    They're a big alliance afaik, you'll be clicking for a while :p
    43 right? or was it a lot more than that?
    You could always just "unfuck" your overview so wardecs show up in an appropriate manner there (i.e. - flashing red)

See http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Overview_Guide for more info

Yes, it's a pain in the ass to get it set up just right... but once you do you can export your settings to a file and just import them on any machine you play on (or restore after a reinstall.
    You could always just "unfuck" your overview so wardecs show up in an appropriate manner there (i.e. - flashing red)

See http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Overview_Guide for more info

Yes, it's a pain in the ass to get it set up just right... but once you do you can export your settings to a file and just import them on any machine you play on (or restore after a reinstall.
    Thanks. I have used eveuniversity for some other stuff but hadn't seen that page yet.
    For those that wanted to fight - fighting is being organised :)
    O.O /raiseshand
  • Haru.... the wormhole is neg to shields ... pos to armor? What is the industry stance out there?
    We have industry out the wazoo!