Zombies. Breaking. Doors.

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft

@jeb_ : Zombies will only be able to break doors on hard (and hardcore) difficulty setting

And then

@jeb_: Yes, only wooden doors

This Game... This Game!!!

-Digi

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    This is going to be so intense. I can't wait.

Also - MY HOME HAS NO DOORS. Zombie proof. I just sit back with a beer and invite them in.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    What difficulty is our server set to? I suggest we set it to hard at least, because I love this.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Darn, really need to get those iron doors set up now...but how will I get them to open without zombies getting to them too....
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Next up, Creepers will be able to break doors (wooden and metal) and teleport like Endermen.
  • Next up, Creepers will be able to break doors (wooden and metal) and teleport like Endermen.
    What have you done...? D:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Darn, really need to get those iron doors set up now...but how will I get them to open without zombies getting to them too....
    Use a button rather than a floor plate.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    On this topic, I am temporarily changing my home server into a "Horror" genre survival server. Minecraft will be a zombie apocalypse! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I can just see it now: Digi will "conveniently" sprinkle zombie spawners all over town, kick back, crack a beer, and relish in the carnage.

Be sure to set weather to permanently be a thunderstorm, and time to midnight. ETERNAL PAIN.
  • How cute.... @Bandrik thinks @BobbyDigi will be the one to pull that
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    How cute.... @Bandrik thinks @BobbyDigi will be the one to pull that
    lol
  • Does that mean spawners can be harvested with Silk Touch, or that in order to create a new spawner it requires admin intervention? If we can move spawners by using Silk Touch that would be awesome, and convenient.
  • From the Minecraft wiki:
    There is no way to obtain a spawner in your inventory (even in creative mode), except using an Inventory Editor program or the `/give` operator command in a multiplayer server. If such a spawner is placed, or if a spawner is missing its tile entity data, it will spawn pigs.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Best case scenario for moving spawners is to load a mod on the server that allows you to modify a spawner. You can move it where you want, then change the data to spawn the original monster instead of a pig.