ICMC: So you want to dig under town eh?

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
Gut it. Clear it. Every block from 10 below sea level under residential and 25 below sea level under industrial down to 0.

Level 54 is your ceiling under residential, 39 under industrial. Level 54/39 will be solid stone/cobble (please replace dirt on level 54/39 as convenient). I will post the coords of the corners of town tonight so you guys have them. If you want to run to the 4 edges of town and grab those numbers, then you will have your dimensions.

THIS IS IMPORTANT SO EVERYONE PLEASE READ: If you hit water, for now, patch it and stop, go in a different direction. I am working with the members who have built the water aspect into their plots. We will leave 10 blocks below the bottom of the plots in question with water and clear under the 11th level. If we plan it right we will have huge aquarium like structures.

ALSO IMPORTANT: There is at least one dungeon that a member has been working with under town. Dig around these until I can look at them and make plans for them.

We should end up with a =>3 tall opening between a solid levels 54/39 and the bottom of all roads and plots. This area will be used for circuitry. Also we will have a metric ton of materials. I'll work on what to do with the pillar of space under spawn. I've got a few ideas up my sleeve.

Storage for now use the chests outside of spawn. I will be going on tonight and marking the edges of Grand Central and The New Warehouse. We will be stuffing as many chests into this thing as we can. It will include personal lockers, general storage and project specific storage rooms.

Found materials are yours but please consider donating materials to the community. They will be used on the rail system, spawn and other community projects. I will be setting up a storage area for community donations and I will monitor it until we can get a automatic way to handle that. If anyone takes anything they shouldn't be, I will know and I will not be happy. Smooth stone > cobble. One way to help immensely will be to smelt as you go. Come across a nice vein of coal? Maybe use 1/2 of it to create community smooth stone?

Mine on!

-Digi

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    To clarify, you want a house plot sized tunnel to bedrock from 11 down?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Are you going to set a start point or a reference location to start from? I was doing well clearing the undercity but ran into so many larger basements I am kind of frustrated. If you give me a room that has the ceiling as the max height and say go I can clear pretty fast every day.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    To clarify, you want a house plot sized tunnel to bedrock from 11 down?
    No, a Town sized cavern from Level 53/40 to bedrock.
    Are you going to set a start point or a reference location to start from? I was doing well clearing the undercity but ran into so many larger basements I am kind of frustrated. If you give me a room that has the ceiling as the max height and say go I can clear pretty fast every day.
    Level 54 is your ceiling under residential, 40 under industrial. Level 54/40 will be solid stone/cobble (please replace dirt on level 54 as convenient). I will post the coords of the corners of town tonight so you guys have them. If you want to run to the 4 edges of town and grab those numbers, then you will have your dimensions.

THIS IS IMPORTANT SO EVERYONE PLEASE READ: If you hit water, for now, patch it and stop, go in a different direction. I am working with the members who have built the water aspect into their plots.

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    64 being the town roads, etc... correct? So the 10th block below street level is where you start to dig?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    So what you're saying is "Drill baby, drill!"?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    64 being the town roads, etc... correct? So the 10th block below street level is where you start to dig?
    Yes street level is 64. The 10th block below street level, 54, will be solid under residential plots, you will dig out 53 and below. In industrial the 25th block below street level, 39, will be solid, you will dig out 38 and below.

I am updating the industrial numbers on above posts as I had those a level up.

-Digi