If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Pony Beats: The music thread

UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer GraphicsRedwood City, CA Icrontian
edited Feb 2012 in Bronies
Eff it, making this a discussion topic.

The community of music artists for Mulp Fim is my favorite part of this fandom. I've never seen so many talented people create, remix, and collaborate around one single thing the way the brony musicians have. There is a TON of awesome stuff to listen to, with new music being created each day.

My two favorite artists are Wooden Toaster and The Living Tombstone. I also love Mike the Microphone's work, as well as Foozogz, AlexS, Jackleapp, FIVETEENTAPS, Eurobeat Brony... it's a long list.

So this thread is for sharing music that you find, and talking about dem beats. Here are two playlists (nearly 350 songs and counting) of music that Cola and I use while pwning n00bs in League or anything else:

MLP Beats 1
MLP Beats 2

Show me your grooves!

Comments

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    >Ctrl F 'GG Allin'

Your beats are smalltime.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Speaking of which, just discovered this. Incredible work - this is one of the better examples of remixing lyrics from an actual song:

• UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Fine:
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    This is SO AWESOME

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    The fact that this hasn't been posted yet is proof that none of you know anything about it.

YEAH, WHAT YOU KNOW BOUT NIGHTMARE NIGHT SON?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    This will be my 15th time listening to this so my guess is...a lot?

I love this song so much:

Great video to boot.
    Wow.... that Rainbow Road mix was awesome.
    New Wooden Toaster! It's awesome!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Quote from the creator: "Your bodies were not ready."
    Awesome!

Eurobeat Brony was on /mlp/ today talking about his newest song, due to drop tonight or tomorrow. He's remixed the Flim Flam Brothers song, and has a lyricist. I can't wait.
    Eurobeat Brony delivering more of his own special brand of musical magic.

^Jeezuz that is freaking awesome. Added to my list, hell bookmarked on repeat

So I know that for the most part we all love SoundoftheAviators so here's his two newest pieces. (He uploaded them just yesterday)

That second one was really awesome. I feel like Aviators came out of nowhere and just kicked us in the head with awesome. Some really good music coming from them.
    Definitely, on youtube I've only got one other group/musician than Aviators to which I've devoted it's own playlist (Motorhead) their work is simply awesome and I can't wait to see what they push out over the next few months.
    Lyric-less metal
    That is an AWESOME track. Great stuff.

Found this today and fell in love with it:

Holy crap dude great find! I'm only 1 min in and I freaking love it.

I CAN FEEL THE BEAT MOVING THROUGH MY WHOLE BODY!
    Yeah dude. 30 seconds into that song and I had already added it to my beats playlist.
    edited Apr 2012
    Jeez I'm going to look into more of Sim Gretina's stuff.

Now just so that I'm not post spamming :D

Also check out Bagpipe Brony (psychgoth) if you haven't yet his stuff is pretty good.
    That was awesome.

My current favorite MLPYTPMV (ugh, that acronym) is this awesome rendition of Terra's theme from FFVI

That is outstanding.