Relay for Life!

HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chefAustin Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Hardware

Hey Icrontic!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Relay for Life, but I know most of you do have a loved one, friend, or family member that has had or currently has cancer. Maybe they have found and won their battle, fought and lost, or have not yet had to fight. However, cancer is a very prevalent, and occurring frequently in our population, especially with our mean life span increasing. I relay every year for multiple people in my life, and as many of you know, I pursing a career in Oncology as a Physicians Assistant, so I feel required to spread awareness of this devastating disease. So for those of you whom have never heard of Relay for life, I wanted to make you aware as they occur around the United States every year, and participating in them is a very special even that I feel is impossible to explain.

As always, the American Cancer Society (ACS) is accepting donations year round, and I would encourage you to donate no matter how little the amount, as it is my belief, as well as millions around the world and the ACS that one day we will find a cure. Ultimately making the millions affected with cancer world wide, experience more birthdays :)

I am participating in Relay this April, relaying in honor of my grandmother who just lost her battle to cancer last July. If you would like to make a donation to ACS, to me or my team please see the link below. You are helping deliver the hope that future generations will not have to endure cancer threatening the lives of their friends and family. You have the power to fight back against a disease that affects millions. We have the power to find out what makes the difference in treatment to save lives, and create more birthdays.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/relaygvsu.meghann

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Done.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    Nick, you ROCK!!!!! :D Thanks so much for supporting this awesome cause
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    Donated... That's great that you are doing this @humerusMeg! I have just joined up with LiveStrong.org and will be raising money by running in the Chicago Marathon... Good luck with your relay! 6pm to 6am sounds like a lot of fun (and work) but it's for a great cause so it's worth it.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

thank you so much @lazarusxero!!! i really appreciate you donating to this amazing cause. and that is amazing that you are running a marathon, good luck!!! i wish i had the time and motivation to complete one :) please send me a pm or make a thread for your fundraising, i'd be happy to partispiate in your fundrising for that cause!