If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 Ultimate review

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited Mar 2012 in Technology

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    How would a 7750 compare to my 4870? My thoughts are that if a GPU doesn't need a fan or external power, then it isn't powerful enough for me. I play Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft, and nothing less than maximum graphics quality with full shadows and full water detail at a good frame rate is acceptable. On my 1920x1080 27 inch widescreen.

I'd like to get a 7000 series GPU, but the 7970's are crazy expensive, I don't think a 6950 or 6870 is enough of an upgrade, and I was hoping to see a 7870 by now, which might be best for me in balancing price / performance. I checked newegg and tiger direct yesterday, and neither had any 6970's.
    ·
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    How would a 7750 compare to my 4870? My thoughts are that if a GPU doesn't need a fan or external power, then it isn't powerful enough for me. I play Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft, and nothing less than maximum graphics quality with full shadows and full water detail at a good frame rate is acceptable. On my 1920x1080 27 inch widescreen.
    Looks like Anandtech has done a comparison for you.

The 7750 is about 33% faster than a 4870 in Starcraft II at 1920x1080 and Ultra quality. And it runs cooler, uses less power, etc.

·
  • Good upgrade from a GTX285? Or no?
    ·
  • The 7750 did a little better than the 4870, but not a lot better and it still lost to the 4870 in other games. If I'm going to spend money on a new GPU it needs to be WAY better. Plus, having a GPU that needs more power than the rest of the computer is just cool.
    ·
  • Why was it compared with the 6670???? Surely it should have been compared with the 6750. Where it would demonstrate that it's actually no better, just more expensive.
    ·