Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition only available at GameStop... WTF!

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Gaming
Source:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Stephane_Lo_Presti/GW2_prepurchase_retailers_list

also no pre-order on Steam for Digital version
One thing i want to mention: Our CE is very very limited, if you really want one, don't wait too long. You have been warned ;) ^MK

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    lolgamestop
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    ...So now if I want to get the CE I not only have to pay the extra cash for it but I've got to pay EB Games standard fee as well perfect.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I was ready to put the money down for the collector's edition. The first CE I've ever bought. I won't be doing that now.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    I refuse to give money to GameStop. Fail.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I was boycotting Gamestop before it was cool to boycott Gamestop.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    :screwy:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    According to the GW2 website Best Buy will have the Collector's Edition in the US as well as that other place.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Oh boy, Gamestop AND Best Buy?

Now I'm really REALLY not buying it :/
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Oh boy, Gamestop AND Best Buy?

Now I'm really REALLY not buying it :/
    Yeah, I'll pre-order for digital delivery but no way I'm getting it from BB.

EDIT: also pre-ordered, Tushon.3621
  • I've already purchased and registered my Deluxe Digital copy. It is even already bound to my original Guild Wars Account.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I dislike Best Buy, but they're a fair sight better for gamers than Gamestop. I can swallow that bitter pill, because I really would like the CE.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    I dislike Best Buy, but they're a fair sight better for gamers than Gamestop. I can swallow that bitter pill, because I really would like the CE.
    I also have BB rewards coupons... so, win?
  • Note to all who care: I will be announcing a server for us all to create on as our home server on game release. It isn't incredibly important to all share the home server, however, the perks from RvR will make it worth collaborating.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    so there will be servers this time around, and not phases (Ascalon 1, Ascalon 2, etc)

will PVP realms have ganking?
  • No there is no ganking. There are only a few relevant reasons to sync home servers:

The 1st reason is so everyone we are playing with has the rewards for our home server successfully winning RvR. If we do not all have the buffs players that have them will level gradually faster than those that do not.

The 2nd reason is because (and unconfirmed) you can only RvR with allies from your home server. I can't guarantee everyone will wish to RvR but I can bet most people will try it once. Trying that kind of thing in groups of friends is usually more fun than by yourself.