If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Hopefully buying my first house

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited Apr 2012 in The Pub
Holy Crap! Suzy and I are putting in an offer on this house.

We saw it this past weekend and just loved it. We love that it is a two story (since the yards down here in Florida are hella small, a two story has a smaller footprint, so the that leaves more yard space) has some brick on it (most of the houses down here are stucco and bland colors,) and has some huge oak trees out front for shade. Trees that are not Palm Trees are also a bit more rare than they are up North. That'll make the roof last longer since it is not in direct sunlight and also help with the AC bills.
·

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Apr 2012
    Woohoo! Good luck, man! That bathroom is awesome, and I love that bay window!
    ·
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut Austin, TX Icrontian
    That is one nice-lookin' abode!
    ·
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Yep, we loved the bay windows and Suzy loves having the big garden tub. We'll definitely be installing some Champion 4 toilets though.. ;-)
    ·
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Very nice! Good luck!
    ·
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Great!
    ·
    So the lady that is selling the house straight out declined the offer and said that the $209,000 she is asking is the lowest she would take. I am sorry that she bought the house for $300,000 in 2006, but it is not worth that much in today's market. So no house for us.
    ·
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    We had something like that on the first house we put an offer in as well. Guy wouldn't budge on his asking price, so we walked, even though our offer was only 5k less than the asking price.
    ·
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Sorry Joe :(
    ·
    It happens. It just wasn't meant to be. Something better will come down the road.
    ·
    And so here goes try #2. We are submitting an offer on this house this afternoon. Decision will be made on all submitted offers by Friday. Hope this one works out better than the last one. It's a Homepath home, so no PMI and only 3% Downpayment required.
    WagsFTW
    ·
  • lulufitzgeraldlulufitzgerald Milford, Ohio Member
    Good luck. It's a nice looking house.
    ·
  • MAGICMAGIC Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited Mar 2013
    Good luck there man. Mortgage insurance is a load of bullshit, and not paying it for 5 years is awesome.
    ·
    Thanks. The waiting part is the worst.
    ·
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Old Earth Icrontian
    That's what Tom Petty said, too.
    ·
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja I don't know how to not Icrontian
    Congratulations!!!!!
    ·
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Congrats!
    ·
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    ·
    Home inspection tomorrow. The neighborhood is also having a community garage sale so I'm going to go walk around and meet some of the neighbors.
    ·
    Here is another link to the house if anyone hasn't seen the pictures yet. We're getting really excited.
    ·
    So it turns out there were at least five other offers besides ours. There was one higher but with Homepath homes within the first 15 days of a listing you have to be buying the house with the intention of living in it (we had to sign a form stating this as well.) It turns out the one higher bid was lying on that form and they owned several other properties so our bid won out.
    ·
    Home inspection yesterday went well. Only minor repairs needed. Things like fixing the automatic garage door opener, hooking sprinkler system pump back up, fixing exterior lights, etc. Onward we go towards closing!
    ·
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    That's a very nice house! I really like the hallway (I assume it is the hallway) with the chandelier. Also, the garage is so spacious!
    ·
    edited Mar 2013
    The Chandelier is in the dining room. Here is a floorplan I drew up of the house to send to my family back in Ohio.image
    BobbyDigiCBGnomeQueen
    ·