If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Icrontic Expo 2014: The gaming & general geekery event you don't want to miss. Read about what's new this year and then buy tickets here.

Closing on my first home today!

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited Apr 2012 in The Icrontic Pub
After 2 months of running around nuts trying to get everything in order and 3 failed closings ( crappy Fannie Mae ) It seems like today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo So, it's all dream, right? Icrontian
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Dallas Icrontian
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Nice, I wish I could say it will be a relief, but the fun is only just starting ;)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Awesome!! We just submitted my first ever bid on a house this morning. If all goes well according to my plan we should be closing by the end of May.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    Welcome to your first money pit :D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    Nice, I wish I could say it will be a relief, but the fun is only just starting ;)
    Welcome to your first money pit :D
    Truth!

Grats 'Wizardd!

-Digi
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit, MI Icrontian
    according to my plan
    People plan these things? Dammit, I knew I did something wrong.

Awesome!! We just submitted my first ever bid on a house this morning. If all goes well according to my plan we should be closing by the end of May.
    according to my plan
    People plan these things? Dammit, I knew I did something wrong.

People Try to plan these things. I tried to plan it... 18 months later I closed on my house.

Don't get me wrong, 100% worth it. Just don't expect it to go as planned.

-Digi
    Oh things definitely didn't go according to my plan. The seller wouldn't budge $1 on her asking price. She was asking way too much so we had to walk away. It sucks because we really loved the house.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Oh man ur at a low point! there is so many highs and lows its not even funny.
    Yep, unfortunately we're at the end of our lease on our apartment and with no new house offer accepted we are going to have to renew our lease another year. At leasr we should be able to save up even more for a down payment now though.
    edited Apr 2012
    Yep, unfortunately we're at the end of our lease on our apartment and with no new house offer accepted we are going to have to renew our lease another year. At leasr we should be able to save up even more for a down payment now though.
    If you have not already talk to your property manager, do so. There may be shorter leases available or even a Month-to-Month option. They may be a bit more monthly but you'll have to take that into consideration on how hardcore you guys are finding suitable houses and putting in offers. Another option that may be available is renter provided lease take over. This was an option we had instead of breaking our lease we could find someone that could take it over. You advertise and find someone willing to take over, then the property does their normal credit check or whatever and they simply move the lease into the new renters name. We did all kinds of research on stuff like this because we were in the exact position you are in now. It all starts with talking to your Property Manager for options.

-Digi

• QCHQCH Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    BTW... I moved this out of the Hardware area and into the Pub area.