*SPOILERS AHEAD* Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut

CantiCanti =/= smalltimehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Gaming
It's available now if anyone cares. So much for indoctrination theory. :(

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Playing through it now. Really wanted indoctrination theory, but I won't let disappointment interfere with my impressions, I think.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Control gives me Shepard God, savior of the Galaxy

I'll have more thoughts on EC in a few days
    edited June 2012
    Editing post live as I play it:

1. Harbinger owning faces.
    2. EDI gets hurt.
    3. Normandy, Shep, galaxy's biggest heroes all in one place under Harby's nose.
    4. Harbinger does nothing.
    5. Laser beam.
    6. Harbinger disappears?

what. At least we now know why Joker bailed back into open space, Shep ordered a pickup for EDI and told them to get the hell out of dodge.

//EDIT 1: Still no explanation of how Anderson makes it through the beam, how he beats Shepard to the control room, or his access route in the Citadel.

//EDIT 2: 4600 War Assets, still can't access the "you've already failed humanity" option in response to The Illusive Man.

//EDIT 3: Shepard still bleeding from stomach, despite being shot in the shoulder.

//EDIT 4: Starchild still claims synthetics will wipe out all life. There's no proof of this, and it's as close as you can get to a bullshit claim.

//EDIT 5: The logic of the Reapers' galactic function now has a better explanation through some compelling analogies.

//EDIT 6: The control option now makes sense.

//EDIT 7: The explanation got longer, but the synthesis option still makes little sense. SPACE MAGIC!

//EDIT 7a: Still chose to destroy those little fuckers.

//EDIT 8: Now with 100% more Return of the Jedi victory montage.

//EDIT 9: Now with 100% more Animal House epilogue stills.

//EDIT 10: Seeing Anderson's name on the memorial wall was a punch in the gut.

//EDIT 11: How the fuck did they repair the Normandy, stranded on a jungle planet?

//EDIT 12: You can now get the "Shepard lives" ending without playing multiplayer, because I just got it.

//EDIT 13: Galactic technology in a considerably less dire state than previously indicated. Rebuilding now seems viable.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    I tried the "fuck all your choices Little Space Timmy" option and his voice suddenly changes to Harbinger saying nothing more than "SO BE IT" as walks away. Cut to a hologram of Liara underground on some planet explaining how we tried to defeat the Reapers but failed and then the game just kinda ends.

Second try I went with the destroy option like I originally did. There's a short epilogue but not much else changes. EDI's name is seen on the memorial wall right before they put Commander Shepard up under Admiral Anderson, feels bad man. It ended with the same Shepard in a pile of rubble taking one breath right before going to credits bullshit that happened originally.

I'm basically indifferent about the changes and additions if you can even call them that. It does very little to explain things or give any more closure than there already was. I loaded the game right at the part where you are walking toward the beam and have to fight the final boss, Marauder Shields, so I'm not sure what Thrax is talking about with Harbinger. Is there more before that point?
    When you're running down the slope towards the beam, Harbinger lands in the distance and starts roastin' ur dudes. The new EDI/Joker scene happens, then you keep running. Then you get knocked unconscious like you did originally, but when you get up, Harbinger is no longer there. He's just gone.
    edited June 2012
    Second try I went with the destroy option like I originally did. There's a short epilogue but not much else changes. EDI's name is seen on the memorial wall right before they put Commander Shepard up under Admiral Anderson, feels bad man. It ended with the same Shepard in a pile of rubble taking one breath right before going to credits bullshit that happened originally.
    in my destroy play through, Liara DID NOT put my name on the memorial wall, and it showed the "breath" scene insinuating Shepard is still alive and will meet up with Liara again (who was also my LI) I also have over 7000 EMS so that might be why lol
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I played through the ending again last night without realizing I hadn't gotten the EC DLC. I wondered why it seemed so similar...
    I played through the ending again last night without realizing I hadn't gotten the EC DLC. I wondered why it seemed so similar...
    yea poor snarky, you don't get it until july something
    I have it already. I just hadn't realized it was separate, since my game updated as soon as I launched it - I thought it got it automatically.
    You gotta DL that C, breh!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    That's actually pretty funny, I can only imagine your anger/confusion when everything happened ... again.
    It was more of a Fry moment. Not sure if being trolled, or didn't get new content....