A friendly reminder: Keep moving!

RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature EnthusiastNew Mexico Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Fitness
This might not need to be said to this fairly active community, but I still feel it needs to be said being that I lost a good friend to it.

"It" refers to Deep-Vein Thrombosis (DVT), which basically is a blood clot you get from sitting in one position for too long. So if you ever find yourself going to be ... "inactive" for numerous hours, take a minute or two every few hours to roll over, grab a snack, use the restroom, chase squirrels, parkour, or whatever to reset your blood flow.

Hoodiesgirl87primesuspectMoonEagle

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I can't source it at the moment, but I read a little while back that almost all of the negative effects of office jobs could be negated by a 2 minute walk once per hour.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Great, yet another add on to my list of things I'm paranoid about...I'll put it right next to me turning to a zombie overnight and assassins creed comes to life.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I listen to Dubstep at my desk and am constantly moving. Will parkour though the office. Great advice. On the same note the below was playing as I read this thread and that otter is a dub step master!

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    It's been awhile and I'm still not seeing the other comments on here.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I'm Canti and I approve of this message.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I think something fishy is going on dude. I saw a post earlier today, and now it's gone.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I think something fishy is going on dude. I saw a post earlier today, and now it's gone.
    yeah I made this at around the time of that 'time slippage' occurance. Lincoln said this would be a possible side effect. I still wonder what @BobbyDigi, @Theironhand and @Tushon said.

I was wondering why my comment wasn't showing up.
    Well I posted this "That's great, another add-on to my list of things I'm paranoid about....lets see I'll put it right next to turning into a zombie overnight and assassins creed comes to life."
    I didn't worry about those two before, still don't, but now I can't get Assassin Zombies out of my mind.
    Bumping as a (repeated) friendly reminder what with all these addictive games coming out. Looking at you Mists of the GuildBorderlandsFortress 2 2 2 : Panda's vs. Machines.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    My money's on the machines. Those pandas just don't know how to respawn.
    It's been a year now.

Move on, rock on, carry on, keep on keeping on.

Cherish your loved ones and take care of yourselves.
    primesuspectJBoogalooChooch
  • Rbp7oozRbp7ooz Ultraman Is Airwolf Carson City New
    edited April 2014

you know whats TRUE coolness.... I hit play on BobbyDigi's Deadmau5 video further up in the thread... and then scrolled down to Rahnal's post...

IT

WAS

AESOMESAUCE!

edit I'm starting Couch25K tonight... would anyone like to join me?

RahnalH102
  • Hoodiesgirl87Hoodiesgirl87 Ms. Cincinnati, OH. Member

I just wanted to say that I love the lil pic you have on this. im havin a crappy day and it brought a smile to my face. so thanks for this post and the little picture

RahnalH102

Glad I could be of service :rockon: .

Much has changed but the message is the same.

Move on, rock on, carry on, keep on keeping on.

Cherish your loved ones and take care of yourselves.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

This is the secret point of my tea fiendishness. The teapot is in another room. You gotta get up to turn on the kettle, then go back again to pour it. Basically impossible to stay seated for more than 30 minutes.

RahnalH102bright
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

Urgh.... I miss my standing desk. Coming up on 4 months in to the new job and I'm still not used to sitting all day again. Plus, the reduction in the amount of posterior padding results in being sore from sitting for too long. That alone makes me get up and walk around frequently.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

I'm starting the Couch to 5K program again. The one thing I've learned besides that fact that it really helps in losing weight and that it gives you more energy, is that I hate running. I already knew all three of these facts but I'm rediscovering them again.

A little bit late this year, but don't you stop.

UPSLynx

Don't stop feeling good and having fun!