GeForce GTX560 VS Radeon HD 6850

TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Hardware
Hey guy's I'm looking for a new graphic card for my PC for a while now, and I've chosen two that I like the most, the GTX560 and the Radeon HD 6850. I play a lot of games, such as Skyrim and Fallout and BF3, I need a card that will handle those games and more.

Also If I ever decide to use more then 1 monitor I would need a good card for that as well. However I do not want to spend money on something I regret buying. Could you guys tell me some pro's and cons about each card and recommend which one I should buy.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    DISCLAIMER: I work for AMD, in the Radeon division, but you can prove my statements yourself with research.

The 6850 is not the competitor to the GTX 560, the HD 6870 is. The 6870 and the 560 are the same price at retail ($169 USD). The 6870 offers better performance.

You should get the 6870.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Or get the 6850 and use the extra dosh you saved to go out to dinner.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Well thanks Thrax for the info, I just ordered the 6870 off amazon a couple minutes ago.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Well thanks Thrax for the info, I just ordered the 6870 off amazon a couple minutes ago.

Thank you for helping my paycheck. :D If you have ANY problems with it, let me know! I'll be glad to help.