PvP in GW2

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited August 2012 in Gaming
The intention of this thread is to get an idea on the individual interest in Player vs Player in Guild Wars 2.

The two types of PvP are Structured PvP (sPvP) and World vs World (WvW or WvWvW).

sPvP is up to 5 players for tournaments and 8 players for pick up play. Eventually I would like to get some interested people for tournament play. In the original Guild Wars I played with/against several big name teams and would love an opportunity to do so again. Despite this, it would not be "no fun allowed" or anything like that. Just trying the hardest we can while still having fun.

WvW is everyone interested can come. We are on a smaller server so we shouldn't have to deal with too many queue times (knock on wood) and we could all roll around taking bases and putting up our guild banner.

Let me know what mode you'd be interested in. Responding in no way obligates you, I am just curious people's expectations going in.

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I'd do both. Starting with WvW then Structured.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    I'd play with in the tournaments, and the other thing!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    In for both.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Probably in for both, definitely WvWvW
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    WvW sounds partially interesting, but I'm generally not a PVPer. I'll give it a try.
    Snarkasm said:

WvW sounds partially interesting, but I'm generally not a PVPer. I'll give it a try.

It's pretty cool. I hardly played BGs in WoW and I loved WvW in GW2 the few times I played it. I don't have a full understanding at all (i.e. I have no clue how siege stuff works and not sure if there is a way to have gear that matches level or if you just get level equalized)
  • You will auto 80, for any and all PvP.

You will auto 80, for any and all PvP.

That's what I like about the PvP in GW2, everybody's power is fully balanced so each fight will be epic and fought fairly.

That's what I like about the PvP in GW2, everybody's power is fully balanced so each fight will be epic and fought fairly.
    But does armor/weapons affect this?
    Tushon said:

But does armor/weapons affect this?
    I'm not sure, I've heard that they provide you with weapons/armor for you.
  • You have access to all options for items and weapons for pvp. You basically get to choose what stats you want on your gear.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    I'm not huge on PvP but wouldn't mind doing WvW.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I may do PVP once I get to 80 in PVE :)

Playing for the story, not the glory