T-Mobile Launching Real Unlimited Data Plan

ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Science & Tech
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/22/t-mobile-usa-unlimited-data/

"The company says that the new plan will be “truly unlimited,” meaning there will be no curbs on data transfer speeds, or surprise fees added to a bill. The plan will be a new option on top of T-Mobile’s existing data packages. Its older “unlimited” data plans, which are still being offered, allow customers to consume only a certain amount of bytes before the connection speed is slowed.

Beginning Sept. 5, the new plan will be available for $30 a month for customers who bought phones subsidized by T-Mobile, or $20 a month for customers who bought phones unsubsidized or from elsewhere."

Comments

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    I wonder what will happen for my existing 5GB for $20 a month plan for my Samsung S3
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yessssssssssssss
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    $20/month for unlimited data, hahahaha fuck Verizon and AT&T straight in their greedy fucking faces.
    UPSLynxZanthian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    *Looks at her Sprint plan sadly*
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You have unlimited data on Sprint.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    oh snap. Hell yeah!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Thrax said:

You have the slowest unlimited data on Sprint.

FTFY
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    This also reminds me I need to order my GNex and get a T-Mo SIM
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    We have already been thinking about switching away from Verizon at the next contract renewal. We are up to close to $200 for 2 smart phones with data plans and if they actually force all the customers onto the "Share everything" plans it will push our monthly bill over $200 and we just can't do that.