Guild Wars 2 first impressions

2»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Reading through the reddit thread about the exploit was laughable. People are fucking stupid.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Zanthian said:

Wow that is a lot of cheaters.

Pretty small vs. the total game pop of 1 mil+
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Wow, okay. So, I went from completely uninterested after having played GW1 to actually interested and considering picking it up after reading this article, to now again thinking "no" after reading the comments. I like the idea of being able to just run around and work cooperatively with people on a massive scale. There was a lot of this on Tabula Rasa when it was in its extremely early stages (that would have been an awesome game...such a pity) and I loved it. I do tend to get bored easily, however, so if that's a trend I don't know if it'd be worth picking up for the current box cost.

There's also still the biggest reason I never got back into GW1 (there were many, but this was by far the main one) - graphical contrast. I always had a really hard time telling where I was and what was going on cause everything seemed to blend together. Also, game developers often make the mistake of using green and red as contrasting colors, and for a significant portion of the population that's absolutely not the case. That's the biggest reason I liked WoW so much; I could easily see and differentiate everything. From the images I've seen so far, I'm not sure whether that's going to be an issue in GW2 or not.
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    Well after four days, I haven't been able to get past the play button. : /
    For non-technical reasons?
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    Well I still never received a verification email for my account. Which is a known problem. However, the play button remains greyed out. Even though the website says it shouldn't be.
    That sucks! Have you filed a support ticket?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I'm enjoying the game more now. I changed my play-style, figured out some talents, and have become nearly invincible! Well, close enough :)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Changed to what/from what?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Annoyed by the level progression. I've found myself stuck completed all the content but not high enough level to progress with my storyline or go to a new zone.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    ^ This is exactly what my problem was every time I've played it.
    MAGIC said:

Annoyed by the level progression. I've found myself stuck completed all the content but not high enough level to progress with my storyline or go to a new zone.

I'm the exact opposite. Level 21 and I'm at the 17-18 level quests right now. I am exploring each area 100% to get achievements also.

Remember, when an event ends, hang around. One event can turn in to 4-5 events with a boss at the end of the series.

edited September 2012
    Snarkasm said:

Changed to what/from what?

I switched from Longbow to Shortbow/Axe/Warhorn/Torch where I can stack conditions like a mofo. Also I have two bear pets (polar bear and Arctodus) that pwn so much face now.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Loving the actual game, but hit my first real annoyance. Apparently my IP changed and it won't let me login to the game until i verify my email. This wouldn't bother me except i have no email from them. If i login to my account on their webpage, same message. They really need a phone authenticator like blizzard has. I only had a bit to play today and the time is lost because i am at the whim of their email server...
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Tried to email them from the online form and it stated: Are you having trouble verifying your email address?
    We are aware of the following issues during the email verification process:

The verification link sent in the email may not work
    The page the verification link takes you to displays an error

We are working to resolve these issues.

You can continue without verifying your email address by clicking the “Play” button on the Guild Wars 2 launcher if you already have the client installed.

But the Play button is disabled for me, so no go.
    You and Gattsu should skype and have a re-enactment. :/