If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Be our neighbor!

2»

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

Looks pretty awesome, and a ton of work. Maybe if we weren't in the middle of a kitchen renovation... ;)

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

It's just a weeeee bit of a fixer-upper.

WagsFTW
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

7,000 square feet over two stories, with an auditorium in the basement, reading rooms, and a club room

So wait, it's ICHQ 3.0?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Funny that. I was just telling @Linc today that our real estate agent has been keeping an eye out for us and sent me that listing today BEFORE he sent it to Curbed. I went to tell him about it and he said "LOL you mean the one on the front page of Curbed?"

Our agent certainly knows how to get the people out to see the place.

RyanMMWagsFTWGnomeQueen

If I won the lotto, that place would be LAN party nanobrewery beer cellar coworking space heaven.

DontCallMeKelsoWagsFTWGargoyle
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

It needs a full interior gutting, it'd look awesome todo whatever with. 5/7 would win the lotto and purchase

RyanMM

My powerball tickets are ready.

DontCallMeKelso

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    It needs a full interior gutting, it'd look awesome todo whatever with. 5/7 would win the lotto and purchase

The tile work and some of the architectural details look salvageable. Hopefully whoever buys it does a nice job restoring.

GnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

That person had some, uhhh, interesting taste in wallpaper.

Gargoyle

Honestly I kind of love them for it.

FettBaconZanthian
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Wow, that's awesome. I wish I had a down payment ready and authorization to work remotely

GnomeQueenGargoyle

LOOK AT THIS INSANITY! You can move to Detroit, own two custom-built mint condition classic cars, own original working antique 1950s Frigidaire appliances, be a super eccentric weirdo, and IMMEDIATELY OWN EVERYTHING IN THIS FUCKING WACKO MONSTROSITY OF A HOUSE!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/450-W-Grixdale_Highland-Park_MI_48203_M37779-89409#photo70

WagsFTW
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

You say "MONSTROSITY," I say ebay gold mine.

But holy shit, wtf were they thinking with 85% of those pieces?

• BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian

We've been looking for a place, but WOW. Just, WOW!

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

I bet some of those rooms reek of sex. It's like a creepy Caligula fantasy. If you got rid of all the crap, it'd probably be a decent house.

There is no way anyone has lived in that house for years. That is some rich person's hobby decorating house. Every functional part of that space is blocked with stuff, and no one has the patience to undo/redo that much stuff every time they need to sit on the toilet, cook, or sleep.

edited 16 Mar

@Linc said:
    There is no way anyone has lived in that house for years. That is some rich person's hobby decorating house. Every functional part of that space is blocked with stuff, and no one has the patience to undo/redo that much stuff every time they need to sit on the toilet, cook, or sleep.

I don't think you met my Grandma Rivers then.

Or like,

Any eccentric old ethnic person. I can tell you firsthand that I know of houses that were of a similar design sense that people definitely lived in for years.

BuddyJWagsFTW

@Linc

My grandmother uses her oven for storage. And has to remove everything every time she wants to use it. Old people have LOTS of patience.

@WagsFTW said:
    My grandmother uses her oven for storage.

So did mine, but she kept it all on the broiler pan for easy removal, see. :D

WagsFTW
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx Top EA shill, The Dean of Computer Graphics Redwood City, CA Icrontian

holy crap, that Cadillac! Throw some ox horns on the hood and roll around like Boss Hogg.

If that Cadillac and the Lincoln are in top shape and low mileage (looks like it), they could collectively be worth around 30-35K assuming they don't have too much weird custom stuff going on.... but who knows, maybe that would even up the value.

2»