BSOD: IaStor.SYS

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
I was hoping you guys can help me out with this bad boy... hopefully I posted it in the right space
This has been a pain for quite some time. I called Dell (this computer has had this problem since a windows update) and they told me I needed to pay 160 to get it fixed.

I looked up the error in bluescreen view. I uninstalled intel rapid storage and I still have a problem with iastor.sys. here is a screen grab of bluescreenview

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/WuGgaRoO/bluescreenview.png[/IMG]

Many thanks!

Comments

• WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    From what I read, you can just use the Microsoft disk driver rather than the Intel one (assuming no RAID array), but it sounds like it's not super easy to switch.

- Windows 7, right?

- In Device Manager, can you find the Intel device under Storage Controllers, and try changing the driver? There should be multiple options under Update Driver -> Browse -> Let me pick, and you can try whatever name is different from the current one.

- Have you tried System Restore?
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    I ended up disabling my accelerated harddrive in Intel Rapid Storage Manager.. I haven't had an error since... I have done system restore before... I have done updating drivers... I tried uninstalling IRST and none of that worked... as of now.. the only thing that works is disabling the accelerated HD through the IRST program