Any watch nerds on Icrontic?

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    #howiwouldexpressmyopulence
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The pleased look on his face when he came back from "working" was lulzy. The ensuing conversation between him and Meghan was also entertaining. @HumerousMeg "WHAT DID YOU DO?"
    midga
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    "HOW MUCH WAS THE WATCH?"
    "Enough..."
    "ROBERT. HOW MUCH WAS IT."
    "Enough. :}"
    midgaTushon
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    This conversation was repeated several times within a few minutes. It was quite entertaining, especially since @thrax had this "I just did something" grin on his face. He was quite pleased with himself.
    mertesn said:

This conversation was repeated several times within a few minutes. It was quite entertaining, especially since @thrax had this "I just did something" grin on his face. He was quite pleased with himself.

But it's my birthday!
    HOW TO ANNOY YOUR GIRLFRIEND WITH THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK
    But it's my biiiirthdaaaaaaaaayyyy...
    edited February 2014
    We also got dating advice from Thrax
    HOW TO KEEP YOUR RELATIONSHIP STRONG IN TOUGH TIMES
    When your girlfriend injures herself, always wait for her to react first. If she laughs, you can laugh and make jokes about animals and doors. If she cries, you need to act supportive and hold back all hints of entertainment.
    Remember also that there's a statute of limitations:
    You may not divulge any embarrassing story to others until prompted to do so by your girlfriend. Even then, you are not to be the initiator in future retellings.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    @Tushon, @mertesn, @thrax I hate you all so much. :)

Lesson learned: This is what you get (above) when inviting Icrontians over and happening to run into a glass sliding door while they are.
    ThraxmidgaTushon
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    To be fair though - said sliding glass door had been open all day and was fully transparent. Could have happened to any of us.
    HumerusMeg
    That last Fossil there on the right is pretty awesome. I love that simple design.
    HumerusMeg
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Still $250 and that's a lot.
    edited February 2014
    Guys. I'm going to do it. I'm going to buy an Invicta.

The Grand Diver 13700 Series uses a beautiful Seiko NH38A SII movement. One of the best automatic movements you can get for around $100: hacking, bi-directional winding, built like a tank. Great stuff.

//EDIT: The smaller Invicta "8926OBV2" has a close relative, the NH35A SII, another fabulous Seiko movement. This one goes for around $70 if you find one on sale. HUGE bargain.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    I got one with the Miyota movement, Its my everyday watch Runs like a champ It has taken a beating!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Thrax said:

Guys. I'm going to do it. I'm going to buy an Invicta...

mertesn
    Thrax said:

The Grand Diver 13700 Series uses a beautiful Seiko NH38A SII movement. One of the best automatic movements you can get for around $100: hacking, bi-directional winding, built like a tank. Great stuff.

//EDIT: The smaller Invicta "8926OBV2" has a close relative, the NH35A SII, another fabulous Seiko movement. This one goes for around $70 if you find one on sale. HUGE bargain.

So, how do you go about finding watches that use a certain movement? Cause the NH38A SII sounds awesome, but most of the Invicta watches I've seen, including those two, are imo rather fugly. I'm a much bigger fan of a simpler, cleaner look.
    BuddyJ said:

Thrax said:

Guys. I'm going to do it. I'm going to buy an Invicta...

Dude, I know.

BuddyJmertesn
    midga said:

Thrax said:

So, how do you go about finding watches that use a certain movement? Cause the NH38A SII sounds awesome, but most of the Invicta watches I've seen, including those two, are imo rather fugly. I'm a much bigger fan of a simpler, cleaner look.
    It's sort of cult knowledge. If it's a watch from a company that doesn't make your own movement, then you'll need to inspect the movement for identifying markers. All movement makers will leave their branding on it somewhere, and Seiko puts theirs right on the rotor clear as day.

midga
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Simplest way is probably just to post the question on a watch geek forum. They love that shit.
    midgaBuddyJmertesn
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    I in no way classify as a watchnerd (I know very little about watches...) but I found this and figured I'd share it here since I think it looks pretty cool!
    This is the ring watch and it just looks pretty futuristic in my opinion!
    Here's a video from youtube
    mertesn
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I would love a ring clock. If they were only affordable...
    edited February 2014
    We're releasing some new men's and women's watches today. We've upgraded the movement on The Runwell and now have a date complication on some of the newer models. Also some new color/band combinations, such as this gold/teal bracelet model with a deployant buckle:

I... may have added some to my collection.

mertesnUPSLynx
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    My band broke over the weekend. Where are the hip kids ordering leather watch bands these days?
    www.crownandbuckle.com
    www.sectime.co.uk
    www.delaurian.com
    www.strapculture.com
    www.panatime.com
    Signal
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    My apologies for the image quality my phone's camera is awful.

Anyways my father showed this to me a few minutes ago and I thought it'd be neat to share here because watches.

This belonged to my Great Great Grandfather, it is over 100 years old the manufacturing date being 1901. The fascinating part to me is that even now it keeps perfect time all one has to do is keep it wound. (At the moment the hands are not keeping proper time, they haven't been set in several years)
    Signalmidga