Screw it. I'm sick of waiting for a Recommended build of bukkit that is 1.4 compatible. I have upgraded the server to the latest 1.4.5 beta, in all it's glory. The Bukkit team says their betas are generally stable anyway, so might as well give it a shot I guess.
If anyone bothers logging in, let me know if there are major issues.