THQ Humble Bundle is not the worst idea ever

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited December 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    I will say this, even if you give 100% to charity, you're still giving Humble Bundle a reward (of sorts) in that you're upping the amount of money spent on Bundles and giving them evidence that nobody really cares if they are DRM free and cross platform or not.

For people that are actually upset about Humble moving away from it's cross platform, DRM free roots, but still want to donate to charity, they should donate directly instead of buying the Bundle. That simple. Here's the charities this bundle is supporting.

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/donate
    http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

If you don't care about any of this, just go buy the bundle already.
    Garg
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    There is a distinct lack of biased conjecture and sensationalism in this article. I thought we were on the internet, people!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Winfrey said:

There is a distinct lack of biased conjecture and sensationalism in this article. I thought we were on the internet, people!

I think that is the most wrong I have ever seen someone be, and I've seen a shop or two in my day. PIXELS AND BRO, DO YOU EVEN LIFT?

In other news, well written article that addresses the silliness that this caused.
  • PapapainPapapain White Lake, Mi Member
    - "all I knew of Saints Row 3 is dildo bat....and now I’m probably going to end up buying some of these sequels."

Well said. Sometimes I will see a game and meh. Now that I got these on the cheap I would consider their sequel. I secretly hope another indie bundle will be pushed soon to band aid this over blown rage at a charity organization. I need more games to enhance the e-peen of my steam library list.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Only thing that really bothers me is the lack of EFF on the charities list. =/
    Won't be picking up this bundle, but only because I already have dildo bat, and CoH isn't worth 25¢. ;P
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    midga said:

and CoH isn't worth 25¢. ;P

Basil
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    UPSLynx said:

midga said:

I bet your old waifu never saw that coming.
    Basil
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    UPSLynx said:

midga said:

Lynx. He was calling CoH weaksauce, not putting down CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME PONE.

...or is there something you'd like to tell us?
    I wouldn't cheat on CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME PONE if I were you.
    She'll break out that FIRE SAUCE.
    Canti
  • 8JX2G-LCFNM-G28KB dont work it say : purchase error , your subscription to the following items has not been completed

And in the box it dont say Company Of Heroes 2 Alpha Dec Access like others ...
  • ...did you just paste your game CD key in here? Probably not the best idea man...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Quady, the key was added to the article above, he is just posting that it didn't work, which means someone found it before him and registered it.