A new trailer and beta signups for The Elder Scrolls Online

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited January 2013 in Gaming

Comments

• ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    Signed up! That trailer really didn't do anything for me, though. More excited for FFXIV: ARR
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    signed up. nice trailer but that won't be actual gameplay :P
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Never said there was actual gameplay =p
    Agreed, just commenting on trailers in general.
  • ThraxRobert Hallock 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Generic fantasy cinematic #23.
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    I never thought I could be so "Meh" about a TES game, but I'll hold out hope till I see it in action.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'm finding it hard to imagine successfully translating the ES gameplay into MMO. It'll have the lore, butthat's all. Beyond that it'll just be typical MMO fuckery, just like every other single-player game turned MMO that came before.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    Say you want to make a multiplayer Elder Scrolls. If not an MMO, what would it be?
    EMT said:

Say you want to make a multiplayer Elder Scrolls. If not an MMO, what would it be?

Skyrim with a party system like Borderlands 2?
    RahnalH102
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    I believe the above method would work nicely. here's hoping they can incorporate that into a future release.

From what I know of TESO, I would say it has a good chance of being successful in emulating the traditional TES mechanics and just being a quality MMO. Of course you can only tell so much of gameplay based on what the developers show you. I'm not gonna hold it to the standard of Skyrim and the rest since it's not being developed by that studio and a singleplayer RPG is a different beast then a MMORPG.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    CB said:

I'm finding it hard to imagine successfully translating the ES gameplay into MMO. It'll have the lore, butthat's all. Beyond that it'll just be typical MMO fuckery, just like every other single-player game turned MMO that came before.

Butthat
    midga
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    that's a pretty swank live action trailer
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2013

CB said:

Butthat
    PirateNinja
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    That's an ass wearing a hat. The eyes/mouth should be on the hat, not on the ass.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Irreconcilable differences.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I don't know how I'll feel about this. Reconciling the hero piece of TES with an MMO setting might be too much.

I love the setting, so hopefully they pull it off.
    Got my invite yesterday for this weekend's beta run.
    I got my invite as well.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Ditto
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Dangit, I really want one D:
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    Also got a key, also expecting it to be bland at best, but also willing to at least see what they're going for.

Curiously, I openly admitted on the beta application that I'm very skeptical of a TES MMO.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    I got one! I really hope it won't be as disappointing as I expect.

I'd much rather have a coop skyrim.
    That would be awesome if they had a co-op skyrim. That would be much better.
    midga
    There is a mod for that. No idea how well it works but it's there.
  • KoreishBrad Meyer I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    But do I get to Fus?
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    I got a code for the beta, it starts tomorrow at 6 and ends Sunday. However, I'm going to be working all weekend and won't have a chance to actually play the game, so if anyone else wants the code in my stead, let me know.
    edited November 2013
    Requit said:

I got a code for the beta, it starts tomorrow at 6 and ends Sunday. However, I'm going to be working all weekend and won't have a chance to actually play the game, so if anyone else wants the code in my stead, let me know.

!!!yes!

-edit-

I have the most giant raging erection right now, holy crap. Thank you!
    RahnalH102
    Should we coordinate a bit if we're gonna be playing in the same faction? Me and a friend who also got one will be in the Ebonheart Pact.
    edited November 2013
    I was planning on playing Aldmeri Dominion, but I'd prefer to play with people.

-edit-

Though I assume I can make more than one toon on differing factions.
    I have done precisely zero research, so I'll just jump in wherever you guys are when I get back home tonight. Gotta make a trip to the symphony first.
    midgaRahnalH102