Path of Exile

CantiCanti =/= smalltimehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
edited January 2013 in Gaming
http://www.pathofexile.com/

So this is like Diablo or something I don't really know but @Tiberiuslazarus and @Pragtastic were talking about it in IRC and Jimmy was all like, "make a thread to get people to play it" and I'm thinking why not? Probably because I don't know anything about it but that's never stopped me before so here's some pictures. It looks like fun and if Jimmy says it is then it must be true. Also it's in open beta today.

It's got billions of skills to learn as you can see here.
It's like Final Fantasy 10 on steroids!

You can choose between literally like dozens of dudes to play as.

Dudes like Double Sword Man
and No Pants Girl

There's (probably) tons of scary monsters to fight. Like Giant Naked Chain Man

You can pick things up and put them in your box.
And smash barrels apparently.

THE LOGO IS COVERED IN BLOOD!
How can you not love that?

It's got crazy sick multiplayer I think....Jimmy/Prag is has multiplayer right? CRAZY SICK MULTIPLAYER. You'll be so sick and crazy if you play it they'll put you in the hospital. I'd play this if I had time and you should too because it's great.
Maybe.

primesuspectpragtasticTushonpigflipperPirateNinjaRyanFodder

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I really much has good system do I think. The currency system is actually really refreshing on how it works, and by currency I mean bartering system. There is no actual money in the game, everything is traded for another object, and each object is actually useful in the game.

For example the lowest level item is a shard of Identify. Get enough shards, and you get a scroll of Identify, unsurprisingly it can be used to Identify items you find. You can also trade this up to shards of Town Portals and so on and so forth. The items range from giving your items new stats, more stats, turn it from a common weapon into magical, or rare, or legendary. You can keep all the stats on the items and just reroll the numbers they give, the sockets it has, the number or sockets.

It really makes you start to think about what to do, buy a better weapon or just reroll the weapon you have. Is it worth getting rid of your ability to turn a common item into a random legendary that could suck, or use it to trade for a pre-rolled decent magic item.

The only reason I stopped playing was because all they had was Act 2 put in and I didn't feel like going through the entire game again on a harder difficulty already.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    It's pretty fun. Think I'll play a bit more when I have friends online. My main complaints are the combat feels a little off and there are a couple times I died due to an off screen monster.
  • Downloaded just because of this epic Canti review. Guess I should play it too huh?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    shwaip said:

It's pretty fun. Think I'll play a bit more when I have friends online. My main complaints are the combat feels a little off and there are a couple times I died due to an off screen monster.

My problem is trying to play as a measly witch and killing the onscreen ones. I'm used to my beefier characters tanking 5+ at a time (I think at one point on my shadow I had 10-15 after me).
  • I'll probably (re: definitely) be playing some tonight. Anyone want to do some more group killings?

@koreish @rexxar @tushon @shwaip
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    I will probably be around, hit me up on steam.

(be warned, there was a 1.5GB patch if you didn't get that already)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    I may be up for it, depends on schedule tonight
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Anyone still playing/would like to play again/want to try it out? I just started yesterday since it's free on Steam and I think it would be more fun with a group.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

I spun up a character again. I kind of like the way that hardcore is handled. Not losing characters seems cool.