If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

HTC Thunderbolt Security warning and S-ON

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian
So long story short I have this thunderbolt that is not working any longer. All of this happened over a year ago so I am vague on what I did to get the phone in its currently ruined state. It was rooted with the stock image and after trying to put a CM rom on it that didn't work I mistakenly booted into the phones recovery instead of clock work. I now get a security warning and it is now s-on. If i do a recovery or factory reset it just boots back into the bootloader. If I mess around with it, it will eventually boot normally but the current ROM is all buggy and certain features don't work. I have ADB working and can see the device but I am not really sure how to proceed.

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    Download an HTC Thunderbolt RUU and restore it to actual factory defaults at every firmware level. Do whatever you want from there.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian
    Again, I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of stuff. So I am down loading the latest RUU I can find. From what I gather all I have to do is place that on the root level of my SD card, boot the bootloader and use hboot to flash the RUU, am I correct in this? I have been trying several different ways to get this fixed over the last week and I have hit that point where I am losing track of what I have tried.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Mar 2013
    The RUU is an executable that you run from the PC. IT will restore every partition on the phone--radio, ROM, bootloader, recovery--to factory conditions. They're typically about 500MB in size.
    Sonorous
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic Virginia Icrontian
    Awesome. I'm trying to learn about this stuff so I don't ask these stupid questions but sometimes the easiest solution is the hardest to find. Hope it works.