Weekly Exercise Log

Last year I did weight loss, this year I actually want to get in good shape. Not just hurdur strong, but hurdur strong and I can run more than a mile without feeling like dead weight. I think one good way to do this is to log my exercise in a public forum so there is some social expectation from me.
I hope a frequent log here is appropriate. I still have enough fat left over that putting on muscle shouldn't be super hard.

I'm skipping Friday and the weekend this week, but starting next week I'll be doing resistance training for muscles I want herp derp big (like my biceps/triceps for looks -- don't judge me -- and my hamstrings to avoid future knee injuries). I also have been biking 15+ miles each weekend, so I'll log that whenever I do it as well.

My plan is to go until I'm happy, that could be May or December or 2016. Let's see how I do.

Cheers mates!

3/10 - 3/16
==================
Monday
4 circuits / 8 stations / 45 seconds per station / 15 second station breaks / as many reps as possible
Core muscle + lower body exercises

Wednesday
4 circuits / 8 stations / 45 seconds per station / 15 second station breaks / as many reps as possible
Core muscle + upper body exercises
==================
CantiTushonStraight_Manp3r3zBobbyDigiMAGICJBoogaloo

Comments

• edited March 2013

"super hard"

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Good Luck Buster.

• ermergerd welcome to the rest of your life @p3r3z
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    I know this @p3r3z !!

Welcome to Icrontic!

And I know this @PirateNinja, next time I see him his arms will look like ham hocks :)

-Digi
  • 3/17 - 3/23
    ==================
    Monday
    3.5 circuits / 10 stations / 45 seconds per station / 15 second station breaks / as many reps as possible
    Core muscles + cardio

Wednesday
    3.5 circuits / 10 stations / 45 seconds per station / 15 second station breaks / as many reps as possible
    Core muscles + upper body exercises + cardio

Saturday
    Shovel a shitload of snow (1 hour of back exercise I guess)

Friday - Sunday
    Help neighbor move around all his gigantic oak furniture all weekend .. Maybe 4ish hours of slow heavy lifting, mostly core and back
    ==================

I meant to get in to my arms last week but other things happened, like weather and neighbors needing help. This week, the arms have started.
    BobbyDigi
  • Derp forgot update.
    3/24 - 3/30
    ==================
    Monday
    3.5 circuits / 12 stations / 45 seconds per station / 15 second station breaks / as many reps as possible
    Core muscles + arms

Wednesday
    3.5 circuits / 11 stations / 45 seconds per station / 15 second station breaks / as many reps as possible
    Core muscles + legs ... so much legs

==================

Visible results I think, unless it's in my head. My mid section actually for a moment flashed definition at me, then it ran away and hid again.
    JBoogalooBobbyDigi
  • 3/31 - 4/6
    Same as last week, but more cardio.
    I'm not losing weight but my face looks thinner and feel much stronger. Maybe I'm gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time? Also, I quit diet soda and now I only drink water and coffee. It's depressing, but so are artificial sweeteners.
    JBoogaloo
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    I stopped updating.
    4/6 - today
    I'm essentially 2 months deep. Since my last update I have continued 2/week circuit training. I added 100 pushups / day 8 days ago, and minimum 7 miles of walking or biking per week.
    I missed one Wednesday workout due to my wife getting laser eye surgery and needing a ride. I didn't make up for it like I said I would (weak).

I got calipers today to measure my body fat so I can start planning a diet. I want to lose 14 pounds of fat. I may need some help with figuring out how to do that, because I don't want to lose any muscle and I basically am only good at losing fat + muscle at the same time.

For now though, more exercise. I can start dieting a little later, I want to pack on more muscle first.

I feel good.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Thrax has the formula, you just need a plan after that. I'll possibly be able to refer to you a nutritionist if you want.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    The formula to burn maximum daily fat while sparing as much muscle as possible is:

(TDEE-(FAT_POUNDS*27))+CARDIO_BURNED_CALS

Where TDEE = your total daily energy expenditure without exercise (I recommend averaging 5-10 calculators together)

Where FAT_POUNDS = your body fat percentage in pounds of fat

And CARDIO_BURNED_CALS = the number of calories you burn per day with any cardio activity
  • I've lost close to 10 pounds in the last 40 days. I got lazy about doing everything by formula and being super strict. Instead I just:
    - completely stopped eating refined sugars
    - removed almost all sweetners except occasional drops of stevia or dabs of raw honey if I'm baking
    - drink lots of water
    - I try to roughly get 1800 calories per day, but I'm not counting or being exact. I sort of think about it midafternoon and guestimate what I've had and what I should do for dinner.
    - lots of protein, lots of fat, small amounts of carbs through mostly vegetables but occasional complex grains/fruits
    - protein from egg whites / lean meats
    - fats from olive oil / coconut oil and most of all ALMONDS. Omg, almond flour, almond milk, raw almonds, hurdur almonds
    - completely stopped eating dairy

I'm feeling great. I'm sure I've lost some muscle but I think it's mostly fat. My body fat is down 4%. I think another 10-15 pounds of fat loss would do me good, so I'm going to keep it up.
    primesuspect
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    That's awesome, dude!!! You're basically on the same diet as I am (minus the "lots of fat" and "small carbs"...I'm opposite on that). It's all about what works for you and sticking with it. Oh, just out of curiosity, are you taking a simple multi-vitamin at all? That's probably the only thing I'd recommend if you're not. Other than that, keep it up brotha! Good stuff.
    PirateNinja
  • JBoogaloo said:

... Oh, just out of curiosity, are you taking a simple multi-vitamin at all? That's probably the only thing I'd recommend if you're not. ...

Thanks, I'm not currently. I usually take a fish oil / Vitamin D supp each day. Half the bottles recommended dose. Multi vitamins tend to make me feel like I'm going to throw up, even if I don't have an empty stomach. I think it's the zinc, not sure. But yeah it's an awesome suggestion, I just need to find out which vitamin would work for me. Until then the food I eat is pretty dense in nutrients, hopefully enough to keep my essentials rocking along.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Not sure how open you are to recommendations on vitamins (of course, this is all personal choice, too), but I am a big fan of Nutrilite's Multi-vitamin/multi-mineral tablet. Of course, I also take about 9 other vitamins (hair and nail seasonally, fish oil, garlic pill, liver pill, and a couple others...)
    It's not a sell for amway or any of that jazz, but for me, this is a pill where I feel it if I haven't taken it for a couple days or so and, like you, other ones make me feel sick (this doesn't). I really dig it because it covers the essential vitamins as well as provides needed minerals.

Plus, this stuff keeps me looking damn sexy (in the mirror at least...in my mind mostly...in my fantasies).