The Starbound Thread

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited April 2014

wait. all the stuff from before is still there.

(-43184564,-69370414) Alpha Kalodox 6674 IV c

but i started somewhere else with a new character... odd.

(52527697,-25325624) Alpha Lambda And 14 I a

• Rbp7oozRbp7ooz Ultraman Is Airwolf Carson City New
    edited April 2014

I found some images on the old interwebs... mashed them together.

Here is my Glitch: EZOTZ

"You can only begin to de-glitch yourself to the extent that you know how totally you're automated. The more you understand your glitch-hood, the freer you are from it. I sometimes ask people, "What percentage of your behavior is glitch?" The average hip, sophisticated person will say, "Oh, 50%." Total glitches in the group will immediately say, "None of my behavior is glitched." My own answer is that I'm 99.999999% glitch. But the .000001% percent non-glitch is the source of self-actualization, the inner-soul-gyroscope of self-control and responsibility."

RahnalH102oni_dels

Dismay. I should not have updated. Now this unit is too far advanced to connect to the server.

oni_dels
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Why would you go and do that? I will update the server tonight. Probably a good idea to get into the habit of marking your coordinates before I update the server, just in case it moves the spawn.

oni_dels
    edited April 2014

@d3k0y said:
    Why would you go and do that? I will update the server tonight. Probably a good idea to get into the habit of marking your coordinates before I update the server, just in case it moves the spawn.

@oni_dels said:
    wait. all the stuff from before is still there.

(-43184564,-69370414) Alpha Kalodox 6674 IV c

but i started somewhere else with a new character... odd.

(52527697,-25325624) Alpha Lambda And 14 I a

Statement. I do not get a choice in the matter. Steam says when I update, not me.

@Rbp7ooz said:
    Statement. I do not get a choice in the matter. Steam says when I update, not me.

Actually there's a way to deactivate automatic updates...

midga

I did not know that! That means I could Hold the POWER once again!!!! I'm not sure I'd know what to do with it.. I've been married for 10 years.

oni_dels
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Started playing this again last night. Wasn't able to connect to the server, so I just played local. Is it still running?

The guy that runs the server turns it off periodically, and I have to start it back up again. Let me see if I can get it going

midga

Good to know, I was really excited looking at this on paper, but the game just isn't there yet. One they get a bit closer to release I well probably play a lot more.

Right now the game just seems so fast and kind of chaotic. I want to build a space station so I can actually invest some time on a base instead of ditching each I build so I can move on with the game

CB
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Today all the nightly updates form June till early December were patched in to the "unstable" version. This update is called the "Winter Update" and if all goes well, will be pushed to the stable version in January. The following trailer highlights some of the big changes (Novakids, ships are finally upgradable, big refinements, and much more.)

midga

The guy hosting my server decided to do a silly pants and move in with some gurl and he took the servers offline.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

From what I've played so far of the update, aside form obvious bugs due to being in the unstable version and the like, this update is pretty close to a what they want done for 1.0. Big things that are still coming are player space stations, new biomes, and a bunch of balance and bug squashing.

midga

Still looking forward to massive space stations

Starbound has completed it's main development and has officially released.

CBZanthianoni_delsUPSKingpin

I still haven't been able to find patch notes/change log for the 1.0 update.
    They did give a summarized bit for all the new additions and main changes to the game in this article though.

I haven't played in a while, but I really like the changes

• TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian

Yeah, so far so good. I like that you actually have a quest-line to follow, if you choose. Gives you a sense of direction for once

• UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian

For anyone looking to play together, I've got a server running on my PC: starbooty.sytes.net

Nothing special, just basic server via console. Should handle load pretty well, and I'll keep it up as often as possible.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@UPSKingpin said:
    I'll keep it up as often as possible.

TW...SS?

UPSKingpinDontCallMeKelsoUPSLynx

@UPSKingpin said:
    For anyone looking to play together, I've got a server running on my PC: starbooty.sytes.net

Nothing special, just basic server via console. Should handle load pretty well, and I'll keep it up as often as possible.

I tried to join, said something about protocol version 724. Wouldn't let me in.

@d3k0y said:

No kidding? Try now, I just restarted it. @Rexxar was able to join the other night with no problem. Is your client up to date?

@UPSKingpin said:

@d3k0y said:

No kidding? Try now, I just restarted it. @Rexxar was able to join the other night with no problem. Is your client up to date?

Might be because I am on unstable version.

@d3k0y said:

Yeah, that'll do it. It's gotta be the current stable version to match the server.

@UPSKingpin said:

@d3k0y said:

Yeah, that'll do it. It's gotta be the current stable version to match the server.

swapped to stable, 32 and 64 versions and I get the same error_

@d3k0y said:
    swapped to stable, 32 and 64 versions and I get the same error_

Fixed. Turns out Starbound updated a day or two ago and if you're running the Starbound server, Steam doesn't notify you that there's an update, even if it's run from the executable outside of Steam.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

@UPSKingpin I have a commercial-class server at our datacenter at work (I work for a webhosting company) that is available 24/7. I have Starbound dedicated running on that right now, actually.

If you'd like, we can migrate the SB world to my server, save you a little money on internet/power costs (also reduces the lag, since I imagine you're on a home internet connection)

The only caveat is that it IS my fuck-around server. I'd need to find a sneaky method of backing up the universe every now-and-again, just in case my fuckery causes a problem.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Dat starbooty tho.

UPSKingpin