Guild Wars 2 - 9 Months Later

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
excellent informative video on everything that has changed since release. (hour long, but well done)

I'm absolutely loving the new stuff, and we're getting new content about every two weeks now.

If something annoyed you before with the game, it's probably been changed/fixed.

any questions, lemme know.

my level 80 warrior in full exotic ;)

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I stole a friend's account and tried playing. I only made it about 30 minutes.\
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

I stole a friend's account and tried playing. I only made it about 30 minutes.\

what did you not like?
    I honestly don't know. I just am not getting pulled in like I have with other games and I don't know why.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    It's proooooobably the terrible story. Maybe. It was for me, at least. Have they fixed that?
    MAGICJBoogaloo
    Snarkasm said:

It's proooooobably the terrible story. Maybe. It was for me, at least. Have they fixed that?

lol do you mean, "did they fix Trahearne?"

Nah, they haven't done anything with him. The have added what is called a continuous "Living Story" in which different events are occurring that build up each month ending with a new dungeon. The first part was Flame and Frost and now we are in The Secrets of Southsun Cove. The actual ending of the main story was pretty good. (You fight the elder dragon on an airship)

I did the main story on my main character, but each alt I have just skipped it.
    That is quite possibly it. I mean, I like that the world is huge, I don't however like that each step of my main story takes me 5-10 minutes of running, unless I want I want to spend money (chump change, but still) to teleport around.

I also somehow got under leveled. I also don't really care for the "go kill these, or loot this" quests that don't seem to actually tell you a number.
    d3k0y said:

That is quite possibly it. I mean, I like that the world is huge, I don't however like that each step of my main story takes me 5-10 minutes of running, unless I want I want to spend money (chump change, but still) to teleport around.

I also somehow got under leveled. I also don't really care for the "go kill these, or loot this" quests that don't seem to actually tell you a number.

If you finish, for example a starting zone before reaching level 15, you can easily teleport to one of the other races's starter zones and quest there. When I start a new toon I always go 100% explore the 6 capital cities (Hoelbrok, Black Citadel, Lion's Arch, Divinity's Reach, The Grove and Rata Sum) and am at least level 8 before even doing a single quest in the 1-15 zone. You can also craft to gain levels very fast.

Last night our guild did bounties. There was 18 of us that had to hunt down two random roaming NPC's and kill them both within 30 minutes.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Still trying to level my character to 80.... *sigh*
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    I was never able to hook up with anyone to play co-op. I'm done playing solo MMOs.
    Chooch
    edited May 2013

Still trying to level my character to 80.... *sigh*

drasnor said:

I was never able to hook up with anyone to play co-op. I'm done playing solo MMOs.

ICfatcat.4056 Ehmry Bay server. Add me to your friends list

I'm on almost every night, and "guesting" on another server is completely free. I have 4 toons not level 80 I can team up with you.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I've been taking my time with GW2. I've enjoyed it most of the time aside from the occasional bugs, and "Epic" events completing so quickly and easily that it's kind of a bummer when looked at in the grand scheme. I'm gonna stick to simple play (quests, basic events, etc) and exploring for awhile and probably won't touch more "organized" group stuff till later on. I'm lvl 70 so it won't be long.

Rahnal.5179 if you need help with something and I happen to be on give me a holla.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I actually started to get back into GW2 after reading this thread. Made a warrior instead of an engineer this time. The warrior just wrecks stuff 6 ways to Sunday
    MrTRiot said:

I actually started to get back into GW2 after reading this thread. Made a warrior instead of an engineer this time. The warrior just wrecks stuff 6 ways to Sunday

Yes, yes it does. We do our 8 minute CoF run with a Guardian, Mesmer and 3 Zerk Warriors.

Very similar to this:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I have no idea what I just watched.
    Snarkasm said:

lol, a dungeon run. Citadel of Flame, level 75
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    That type of stuff looks like a blast. I just found leveling to be quite mundane, especially solo leveling.
    MAGIC said:

That type of stuff looks like a blast. I just found leveling to be quite mundane, especially solo leveling.

Yea it can be. I'm working on my 3rd 80 right now, a mesmer. Luckily I have plenty of crafting mats and know where all the dynamic events are now so I've gotten to 45 pretty quick.

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    fatcat said:

Snarkasm said:

lol, a dungeon run. Citadel of Flame, level 75
    And if ya don't know, now ya know.
    RahnalH102BobbyDigi
    Sky Pirates! (new dungeon)

for those who haven't loaded up GW2 in a long time...

well, we kinda let Lion's Arch DIAF :p

so if you do log in, expect to be homeless in Gendarren Fields haha