Icrontic MTG Draft League 2013: EPIC!

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited June 2013 in Community
Round 2 of draft league will take place during Epic on Thursday, June 27 at 1:00PM Est.

Round one had some great matches, great decks, and big bomb cards opened up. The next round adds three more packs of cards from the last set in the Return to Ravnica block, Dragon Maze.

Didn't make it to the first Draft League event? No worries, you can join at any event for a first-timer fee of $15 dollars. This gets you your three sealed packs of last events Gatecrash booster packs and the three packs of Dragon Maze to draft with.

The fee for returning members is $8.

Format:
This league event continues in draft format with each player receiving three sealed Dragon Maze booster packs. Players have 45 minutes to deck build after drafting. The tournament will be Swiss style with tie-breaker rounds as needed.

Scoring:
Scoring is the same for events and overall for the league. Event league determines the individual event winner and the winner of the one additional pack to be added to that player's pool. Ties at events will be handled in a best of 3 tiebreaker match.

Winning of event awards 4 points towards your "season score".
Runner up of an event awards 3 point towards your "season score".
Third-place in an event awards 2 points towards your "season score".
Participate in an event awards 1 point towards your "season score"

Card pool rules and changes:
Players may only alter their card pool in one of three ways.
1) Being the winner of the previous year awards one card to your card pool. This card can only be added once and never changed once added.
2) Trading is only allowed in the time period after the previous event has been finished until players sit down at the table and begin drafting for the next event. No trading is allowed during an official event. To preserve balance, each player is limited to three one to one trades per event. Trades can be made with any number of players.
3)The last way in which a card pool may be manipulated is with the induction of cards from an official draft league event (not to be confused with other Icrontic run drafts that may occur outside of the league. The cards added to the pool per an event and are listed above. These cards included drafted cards and prize pack.

League Points Standings

@MAGIC 4
@MERTSEN 1
@CANNONFODDER 3
@LINCOLN 1
@TIBERIUSLAZARUS 3
@WINFREY 2
@BANDRIK 1

I can't wait to see everyone there!

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Please, post hear if you are "In".
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    hear
    mertesnprimesuspect
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    In. Inn. Hear. Here.
  • Present.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Present.

"Present" is not "hear", therefore you are not "in".
    primesuspect
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    hear! Add me to the list :)
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Indubitably.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    I'm kind of interested...
    Would I get +time to put a deck together?
    Do league matches happen more often than official icrontic events?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    I believe you get to open your starting boosters ahead of time to review that mess.

No, league matches only happen at official Icrontic events. Next one would likely be ICHQ: Unplugged (over Labor Day) or Oktoberfest if there aren't enough folks at Unplugged.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Hear for my yearly round :)

-Digi
    mertesn
    Lincoln said:

I believe you get to open your starting boosters ahead of time to review that mess.

No, league matches only happen at official Icrontic events. Next one would likely be ICHQ: Unplugged (over Labor Day) or Oktoberfest if there aren't enough folks at Unplugged.

Yep forgot to mention that, new players will get their sealed cards an hour before the draft start to check them out.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Suppose I'll hop into this event. :)
    edited June 2013
    I'll be joining the league!
    Alright, the count is at nine. We have five returning, four new players. @BANDRIK you returning?

Last day to get in on it, I'm buying the goods tonight.
    Aside from the league and the draft, I'll be bringing a couple trade binders. I'm looking for stuff.