I need a backup AMD for my PC

hello I think my PC will break down soon and now im starting to browse what good motherboard i can use.. i also need advices? I will use it for gaming purposes mostly.. 100-150$

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    That's rather non-descript, i.e. you should either provide some details prompting why you think it is breaking and we can help you troubleshoot or use something like dxdiag (from the run box, then choose save all information and upload on pastebin.com) to provide current motherboard manufacturer and model number, CPU, RAM, etc.
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    We need information about your computer, such as the CPU and memory you're using. Are you trying to say something along the lines of [I'm thinking about upgrading my PC]?
  • sorry for the confusion. I am using an AMD system that i got from my brother for my birthday. It has a AMD A10-5700 processor and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM. The board I am currently using is from asrock. I think there is nothing special about it. Anyway it hangs every while during booting so windows never comes to the screen. After waiting some minutes and starting again it is all fine.
    You should try checking for a firmware update but you'll need the exact model number and possibly revision number. You can find this on the board itself or using a tool like CPU-Z. Then, go to this website and download the latest firmware and follow the instructions with it to update and see if that resolves your issue. If not, and you don't wish to troubleshoot any further, here is a list of possible options for a replacement.

kless001
  • Now its not even booting anymore :(
    On my way from university I saw that biostar A85W in the computer store nearby. The feature list on the packaging reads a lot of good things. What do you think about that? The price is about 100 so it would match perfectly in my budget.

They also have asrock motherboards about the same price but I have heard that this brand is heavliy focused on low cost production. So the first one could be a better decision if it comes down to quality and performance
    That looks like a fine choice, good reviews. If you buy it on newegg, you can get 8GB of RAM for free and for $90
    When I had this same problem I remember putting the OS disk in the drive and then booting (this was after I reset BIOS settings to default).
    1.Get into your BIOS and load default settings to clear the CMOS memory.
    2.Save Settings and exit the BIOS.
    3.Shut down and turn off the computer.
    4.Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector. Wait 30 seconds in the name of science, or to pray to the old gods.
    5. Boot

I also remember something about safe mode. Get into it if you can.

Between all the aforementioned I was able to get past the issue.

To not have to wait 30 seconds, just turn off the PSU switch or unplug then press the main power switch once to clear capacitors.
    Before you go spending money on a new motherboard...
    What you are experiencing is not a rare issue. I found many other articles like these below.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/42833-63-windows-stuck-loading-screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210050-stuck-windows-startup-screen.html

I don't want you spending $100 if you don't have to. You could use it to buy a ticket to the Icrontic expo, and still have enough left over for a game on Steam eh?

• louieB said:

Now its not even booting anymore :(
    On my way from university I saw that biostar A85W in the computer store nearby. The feature list on the packaging reads a lot of good things. What do you think about that? The price is about 100 so it would match perfectly in my budget.

They also have asrock motherboards about the same price but I have heard that this brand is heavliy focused on low cost production. So the first one could be a better decision if it comes down to quality and performance

you can get the latest version of that biostar so far they say it works generally fine... the price also comparable to ASUS but for sure you can find some that will fit on your budget.no need to spend big as long quality is good just make sure of that.

btw how long does your current board lasts?
  • Hey guys, i just tried all the ideas with removing the power plug and waiting, but even after that it all keeps dead now :( So the video doesnt really help anymore as i dont even come to any working screen. I can hear the fan of the power supply starting to run, but the Fan of my CPU cooler does not really start. Usually it turn up to high speed for a while.

the system is about one year old :/

the shop told me they could check the PC for me also, but of course they would charge me for that. If it comes out to be a motherboard issue they would replace the board with the biostar for me. I guess i will just pick that option and hope. I already spend too many days on that issue =/